login

Author Topic: Next live show on 8/15! Starship Troopers!  (Read 13052 times)

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 922
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Re: Next live show on 8/15! Starship Troopers!
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2013, 01:23:09 PM »
Okay, before I go see this for the apparent last time ever, I have a question.

At the risk of repeating a previously-asked question, could the riffing soundtrack be legally released?  I realize that it would take a massive load of cash and a miracle to get the rights to release the full production, wouldn't the riffing be exempt from such an arrangement?

No audio from the live show will be released.  They are going to release a studio mp3 (sometime before November since it's a Kickstarter perk), they can't release audio from the live show since it would have audio from the movie and they couldn't get the rights to do that.

Perhaps maybe if they just found a way to filter out the movie audio.... I feel like we've had this conversation before.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2013, 01:23:59 PM »

At the risk of repeating a previously-asked question, could the riffing soundtrack be legally released?  I realize that it would take a massive load of cash and a miracle to get the rights to release the full production, wouldn't the riffing be exempt from such an arrangement?

No audio from the live show will be released.  They are going to release a studio mp3 (sometime before November since it's a Kickstarter perk), they can't release audio from the live show since it would have audio from the movie and they couldn't get the rights to do that.

Glad to hear that they will be making a studio mp3 of this. While I'm actually going to this showing, I'd like to be able to hear the riffs again.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2143
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2013, 01:26:41 PM »

Perhaps maybe if they just found a way to filter out the movie audio.... I feel like we've had this conversation before.

Must be at least the 3rd or 4th time around....  Like that STTNG stuck in a time loop episode.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2013, 01:33:16 PM »
Still haven't decided if I'm going tonight, for these encores with the 7:30 start time, does that include the half hour of slides and music?  So the riffing would start at 8 like it did when live?  Getting to King Of Prussia at 8 would be a bit easier than 7:30...

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2013, 03:34:24 PM »
Nope. 7:30's the start time.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2013, 07:59:43 PM »
Really enjoyed the show tonight. They fixed the sound issues from the original broadcast. The movie volume wasn't distractingly loud.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2013, 08:03:01 PM »
I guess they didn't do the 10 minutes of fathom and theater ads either, got to the theater about 7:45 and they were already about 10 minutes into the movie.  Probably only about 40 people in the big theater so I still got a good seat.

MUCH better audio mix, picked up many more riffs this time through. 

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2013, 09:22:38 PM »
Passed on it because I was low on funds and my brother-in-law's uncle passed, the visiting hours were tonight. Would've loved to have seen it again.

Hopefully the performance will end up on VOD eventually (like in a year or two).

Offline Kenneth Morgan

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2013, 09:12:50 PM »
They did run the usual Fathom previews, along with the pre-show title cards.  The only thing they didn't run, at least where I was watching, was the transmission test using footage from "Jack the Giant Killer".

I agree that the sound mix was better this time.  And it's still some of the funniest riffing they've ever done; I'm not sure they could truly duplicate it with a studio-recorded sound file.

A question: it looked like they re-did the one-screen thanks to the Kickstarter contributors.  Did they?
-30-

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2013, 11:39:49 PM »
A question: it looked like they re-did the one-screen thanks to the Kickstarter contributors.  Did they?

Yup, during the live run they forgot to add the $125 group, that was fixed for the encore.  Looks like they had to run them a little faster and add some extra background footage since that was a long list.

I did see my name this time.  And I got a few laughs and comments on the Kickstarter T-Shirt, so that was cool.  Had the same thing happen the first time I had it on last month, in my local Wawa of all places.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 961
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2016, 12:21:00 PM »
Just a followup from last night's rebroadcast.

Keeping in the tradition of folks from the cast posting pics of them at the Rifftrax:

That's Casper Van Dien's daughter. (She was in a Starship Troopers video game, so that still counts.)