Author Topic: Oh my god! The things we learned are coming from inside the thread!  (Read 4791 times)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
Re: Oh my god! The things we learned are coming from inside the thread!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 09:56:12 PM »
You can buy hard liqueur in a grocery store.

Actually this is true, depending on which state you're in. In Virginia (my home state) you can only buy liqueur from ABC stores. In Arizona OTOH you can buy rum, gin, vodka, pretty much any form of alcohol you want from you're local grocer. 

Offline waitingforgo

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 08:59:08 AM »

Actually this is true, depending on which state you're in. In Virginia (my home state) you can only buy liqueur from ABC stores. In Arizona OTOH you can buy rum, gin, vodka, pretty much any form of alcohol you want from you're local grocer. 

Yeah, it was quite a shock to me to go from Florida (where you can buy booze darn near anywhere, including convenience stores), to Pennsylvania (where alcohol is ONLY for sale in state-run liquor stores). Now that I'm in Indiana, it's somewhere in the middle... although the fact we have no-alcohol-sales on Sundays has caught me unaware at times. (I hardly drink at all, but when I get a hankering to make a margarita at home, it's invariably Sunday afternoon.)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 05:00:56 PM »
I live in Kansas. A state that hasn't ratified the 21st Amendment which ended prohibition. There's still dry counties in my state. Grocery stores cannot sell liquor, only 3.2 beer and wine coolers.  And liquor stores can only sell liquor and other alcoholic beverages. So you go into a liquor store to buy tequila and then you have to walk out of the store and go somewhere else to buy margarita mix. (Some liquor stores have it setup with a separate entrance, with a separate register to buy alcohol-related mixes/items. But for the store to do this it has to be a separate entrance, separate register and no opening between the two stations.)

Kansas does not allow alcohol sales on Sundays, Holidays or on election day.  The county I live in has managed to be allowed to sell alcohol on Sundays but only between noon and 8:00, I think one other neighboring county is on this deal too. 

Heck it's even illegal to cross the state line to buy alcohol on Sunday and transport it back to circumvent the law.

The liquor laws here are backasswards.

Retailers have been trying for years to get Kansas to ease alcohol sales restrictions (particularly for grocery stores.) There's also strong restrictions on even obtaining a liquor license in Kansas.  Kansas has some of the strictest liquor laws in the nation.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 02:48:39 AM »
Jimmy Carter solved this by letting people make beer and wine at home.  Such a fun, cooking, science event.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 07:29:36 PM »
And thus, Billy Beer was born.

Offline LuvBJones

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 43
  • Dairy Council took my thumbs
WARNING: In case of Rapture, this dance belt will be unoccupied.

Offline LuvBJones

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 09:19:21 PM »

Also, a ****** MULLET?!

Yes, a ******mullet. Not an actual mullet, but a MULLET WIG. Someone fashioned and sold, then purchased and fitted on an actress, a MULLET WIG. I feel like Guy LeFleur!

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 08:21:11 AM »
The director of.... hair? Costumes? Whatever should have been fired and made to never work again.  Why would you fit a cute college girl with a MULLET WIG?!!?!

Offline LuvBJones

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 08:14:56 PM »
It must have been related to traumatic toilet training. Wardrobe lashes back against the world in the ONLY WAY IT KNOWS HOW!!

Offline the Puppet Haters club

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3
  • certified burn-out
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 10:07:27 PM »
Jill. I learned Jill.

Jill?
JILL sCHOBELE(SP) THE REAL NAME OF THE MULLET GIRL.SHE HAS BEEN IN A FEW MOVIES.FAVORITE- PHANTOM OF THE OPERA WITH ROBERT ENGLUND(FREDDY KRUGER)
J.T.M.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 08:27:24 PM »

Yeah, it was quite a shock to me to go from Florida (where you can buy booze darn near anywhere, including convenience stores), to Pennsylvania (where alcohol is ONLY for sale in state-run liquor stores). Now that I'm in Indiana, it's somewhere in the middle... although the fact we have no-alcohol-sales on Sundays has caught me unaware at times. (I hardly drink at all, but when I get a hankering to make a margarita at home, it's invariably Sunday afternoon.)
I know in some states you can buy anything, beer or liquor, in any store that bothers to get a liquor license.  In others, you can get beer, but not liquor.  Here in Delaware, you can't buy alcohol of any kind in a regular store.  Only in a dedicated liquor store can you buy beer, wine, hard liquor--any alcoholic beverage.  The liquor stores used to be closed on Sundays, but since we're a small state, that never presented much of a problem since it's a short drive to Maryland from almost anywhere in the state.  Way up north, Pennsylvania is closer, but that's still a close state line.  So I guess the state legislature figured they weren't accomplishing anything and repealed the laws banning Sunday sales about 10 years ago.

As for me, I learned: Jill