login

Author Topic: samurai jack  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
Re: samurai jack
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 05:18:14 AM »
add skinny, aging, overexposed, and not Asian

not that I dislike him terribly. I think he's pretty good, but he's too skinny, old, overexposed, and un-Asian for the part

er I seemed to be remembering he's like 2/5 Japanese or whatever but we can do better
I really do like pie.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 06:07:15 AM »
well then i nominate toshiro mifune for the role

sure he is dead, but theres got to be a way to digital him into it. 

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 06:14:22 AM »
add skinny, aging, overexposed, and not Asian

not that I dislike him terribly. I think he's pretty good, but he's too skinny, old, overexposed, and un-Asian for the part

er I seemed to be remembering he's like 2/5 Japanese or whatever but we can do better

Um... ya know, the voice of Samurai Jack isn't Asian, either...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0482851/
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 09:19:19 AM »
yeah but thats just a voice.  and a damn good one for the role too

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 01:39:01 AM »
Keanu Reeves should stop going into serious roles. He worked well in "Bill and Ted" because that wasn't acting, that was just Keanu.

Keanu's not exactly a bad actor, but more like Affleck, he's a one-trick pony. He has one mood, one expression, one tone of voice, that must carry him throughout the film. In some situations, this can work. In others, not so much.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline the long undertow

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 09:25:44 AM »
I never really got into Samurai Jack, and when I heard the series was coming to an end without concluding the story, it made me sad.  I respected the cinematic approach the show took and thought it did some innovative stuff, especially compared to the majority of cartoons.  But even though it wasn't really my kind of show, it bothers me that they never got to conclude it.  It just seems so cruel and disrespectful to the creators and the fans to let the story fizzle out like that.  It's one of the reasons I don't watch that many serials anymore, I can't stand it when they just stop the show.