Author Topic: subtitles and reauthoing  (Read 4913 times)

Offline pstokely

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 16
subtitles and reauthoing
« on: December 28, 2012, 04:15:08 AM »
rejig keeps crashing when I add subtiles, muxman won't accept the mixed 6 channel audio

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: subtitles and reauthoing
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 04:24:52 AM »
Try removing the subtitles I guess.  I haven't done the reauthor phase with Rejig in years, ever since I started doing menus.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 278
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 05:05:08 AM »
Unfortunately, there are forced subtitles. I'm hoping to get those added, but I haven't had much luck with subtitles in the past. I still haven't been able to author a Breaking Dawn DVD that doesn't hang when the subtitles try to display.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 05:28:07 AM »
I forget, where were there subtitles in this movie?

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 06:04:45 AM »
I've been out of the reauthoring game for far too long. Tried to do this yesterday, found that I couldn't even get started by using Rejig, gave up, reauthored The Expendables instead (which, outside of a slight drift that is probably in the original track, came out great)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 09:13:02 AM »
Black Widow's intro scene is in Russian and then there are subs in Banner's intro too. There maybe more but I haven't finished watching yet. Both the DVD and Blu utilize forced player generated subs.  There is also lots of copy protection on the DVD so older progies might choke.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 10:36:08 AM »
Well when someone figures out a good free process for getting this one to work would, would they mind posting it? Ya know, help a brother out?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 11:19:48 AM »
A lot of the time, when a project is particularly tough to rip, I just download a bit torrent and use DVD Flick to turn that into a more ripping friendly DVD.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 12:30:30 PM »
I don't do DVDs any longer. I just rip them all as MKVs. MAKEMKV is free and it ripped both the blu ray and DVD just fine.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 278
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 02:26:01 PM »
Here are the forced subs (.srt format): http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=1381.msg772462#msg772462

BTW, AnyDVD worked well on this one.

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 07:30:13 PM »
rejig keeps crashing when I add subtiles, muxman won't accept the mixed 6 channel audio
The most common reason Muxman rejects an audio file is when the file doesn't have a bitrate of 48000Hz.  Sadly, if you didn't export the file at the correct bitrate, you usually have to start the mixing process over.  Changing the bitrate of an existing mix, especially in Audacity, often screws up the track and it won't sync correctly with the movie.

My go-to method for these movies with the new, weird copy protection is to use...

DVDFab for the initial decryption process
DVD Shrink to create a disk image of the DVDFab output
Virtual Clone Drive to mount the disk image to a virtual drive
DVD Decryptor to demux the image
Audacity to remix
Muxman to remux the video and audio
DVD Shrink to create a disk image of the riffed version

Then, mount it to a virtual drive and do what you want with it.  Use handbrake to convert it to an MP4.  Burn it to a DVD-ROM.  Whatever.

Looks like I'll have to use the forced subs this time, though.  I usually just ignore the subs.  The closed captioning usually still works with most reauthors, so I just turn that on during the foreign language sections when watching the DVD on the TV.