Author Topic: Men of a Certain Age.  (Read 598 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Men of a Certain Age.
« on: December 22, 2012, 10:15:12 AM »
I just found this show after borrowing one of the discs from the local libraries (it was front and center on one of the shelves).  It ran for 2 seasons in 2009 and 2010 on TNT.  It follows the lives of three middle aged men who have been buddies since college, played by Ray Romano, Scott Bakula, and Andre Braugher.  Joe (Ramano) is a small business owner trying to start over after his recent separation from his wife and 2 kids.  Owen (Braugher) is a happily married father of 2 and works at his father's car dealership.  Terry (Bakula) is a single, happy-go-lucky actor doing the sorts of things actors do to make ends meet.  The show is a nice comedy/drama mix.  Sorta low key and realistic, caring without being schmaltzy.  You can rent the series on Netflix or watch it on Amazon on Demand.

Anyone else watch this show when it was on the air?

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
Re: Men of a Certain Age.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 03:28:06 PM »
My wife and I watched the first season and really liked it. When the second season rolled around, however, we never got around to watching our recorded episodes. We lost interest for some reason; I'm not sure why.

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 07:02:56 AM »
My wife and I loved it and were loyal viewers.  Probably not the right demographic to keep it on TV. 

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 08:41:10 AM »
I like Scott Bakula, but I kinda hated his character in this show.  He's one of those douchebags who gets everything he wants and nothing ever has lasting consequences.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5136
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 06:46:11 AM »
Wait, when did this become about Entourage?