Author Topic: Mass Effect: Andromeda  (Read 10949 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 606
  • Riff Super Monsters
Re: Mass Effect somthing
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »

That sounds like a multi-player focused shooter to me.

i weep :'(
help a guy with his story project
gofundme.com/academy-days

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 04:27:11 PM »
Lead writer of the Mass Effect series, Mac Walters, recently opened up about the next installment of the acclaimed franchise. During a Question and Answer session with journalists after the Canadian Video Game Awards, Walters revealed that he is currently hard at work on the next game in the series, along with other unannounced Bioware projects, according to Canada.com.

"Right now I'm actually just working on Mass Effect 4 (I wouldn't call it 4, I'd just call it the next Mass Effect). It's coming out of Montreal,"

This means that Bioware is at least in the very early planning stages for the game, so they are not resting on their laurels as the video game landscape changes from the current gen titles to the next gen PlayStation 4 and next gen Xbox. Mass Effect 3 was met with critical and commercial success (despite a controversial end), so there is lots of pressure on the next game to continue that legacy, even with a new lead character. If Walters is working on a script now, then Bioware clearly must have a vision of where they want to take the series.

Walters may also have given fans a hint of where his mindset may be working on the new game. When asked about where he obtains inspiration for Mass Effect, he pointed to an unusual source.

"..for me personally (keep in mind that there are eight other writers that worked on Mass Effect), I don't necessarily take inspiration from scifi. The thing I love about Mass Effect is that you can tell any story. Whether it's from Downton Abbey, you can find those sort of human stories scattered throughout it...,"

Perhaps we will see some aristocratic high drama for the next game in the Mass Effect series. Either way, it will be awhile before we see the finished product, even if the game is in the writing stages now.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/17929/20130430/mass-effect-4-news-lead-franchise-writer-currently-working-sequel.htm

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 12:29:34 PM »
Mass Effect 4 could feature one of the existing developed characters as its protagonist, potentially a Krogan like Grunt, Garrus Vakarian or even the Illusive Man.

BioWare developers have been openly discussing the direction in which to take Mass Effect 4, including the possibilities of playing as one of the existing characters.

“There’s so much that could be told in the Mass Effect universe,” said Casey Hudson, Executive Producer for the Mass Effect series, to the Official Xbox Magazine. “It’d be cool to do something completely unrelated to the larger storyline, like a story about a private investigator on the Citadel. Or maybe something detailing Garrus’ time in C-Sec.”

“While being one of Shepard’s most loyal friends, Garrus has also had some of the most driven personal goals. He’s a hero in his own right, as Archangel and beyond. Who wouldn’t want to see the further adventures of the bold, charming Garrus VakarianWho wouldn’t want to see the further adventures of the bold, charming Garrus Vakarian (there’s a lot of guns out there to calibrate),” added Hudson.

However, Preston Watamaniuk, Lead Designer for the Mass Effect series, said he thinks “a game centred on brutal Krogan combat with more of a melee focus could be pretty exciting.”

Mass Effect 4 gamers could even play as the genetically engineered Krogan super soldier, Grunt, but he can die in the Collector attacks in Mass Effect 3. The developers don’t mention how they will deal with the continuity issues of the various outcomes of players’ choices in ME3, but playing as Grunt or another of the Krogan like Urdnot Wrex, has the potential for some exciting gameplay.

Although, Krogan aside, Mac Walters, Lead Writer for the Mass Effect series believes that one of the other characters already featured in the Mass Effect series could make for a more interesting storyline.

“Aria. The Illusive Man. Kai Leng. Any henchman. The list goes on. I think most of them could have successful spin-offs of their own in some fashion,” said Walters.

Mike Gamble on the other hand suggested that  the star of the Mass Effect 3 From Ashes DLC and the galaxy’s sole surviving Prothean, Javik, should steal the Mass Effect 4 show.

“Following the story of Javik a little bit more would be pretty cool,” said Gamble. “As the last remaining member of a lost race, I think that we could tell a lot of stories about his adventures in the Milky Way, and coming to terms with his place in the new Galaxy.”

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/mass-effect-4-possibilities-discussed-by-bioware

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 249
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 10:49:13 PM »
At least he understands it would be dumb to try and bring back Shepard with some deus ex machina.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2013, 07:05:35 PM »
“The way our games at BioWare Edmonton/Montreal work is that there is always a core team. So there is a core Dragon Age team (Mark Darrah, Mike Laidlaw, David Gaider, Matt Goldman, etc) and there is a core Mass Effect team (Casey Hudson, Preston Watamaniuk, Mac Walters, Derek Watts, etc). The core teams don't change between Dragon Age Origins to DA2 to DA3 or ME to ME2 to ME3 (unless someone quits or similar),” Priestly writes.

“The next Mass Effect game is being developed at our Montreal studio (with support from Edmonton) and has a new team of mostly Montreal staff. The core ME team is now working on a new IP (and helps Montreal if they need it).”

A number of members from the Dragon Age 3: Inquisition team, according to Priestly, are also set to lend helping hands to the ME project once the development is completed for the next Dragon Age title.

“The other staff that are not core team leads, the artists, programmers, audio, writers, animators, QA, etc move between projects when they are needed for the workload. Someone already mentioned Patrick Weekes. He's a good example. He was a writer on the Mass Effect series, now he is writing on Dragon Age Inquisition. Same with many staff here,” he adds.

“When DA3 is done, much of the DA3 team will move on to the next Mass Effect game or the new IP depending on where they are needed. That is kind of how we do things here at BioWare.”

Mass Effect 4 is said to incorporate a lot of changes, and among them is the speculation that the game, this time around, will not feature Commander Shepard because the game’s plot, supposedly, could be set before or after the events of the original trilogy.

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/6992/20130529/mass-effect-4-development-details-revealed.htm

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 07:57:50 PM »

Yankic Roy has revealed the results of his brief fans survey in regards to the debut trailer of the next “Mass Effect” video game, which could end up being “Mass Effect 4” on the PS4 and Xbox One. According to several messages from his Twitter page on June 14, the studio director at Bioware disclosed that most of the fans would like the footage to answer some story questions about the timeline and main character of the upcoming title. You can take a look at some screens from the previously-released “Mass Effect 3” in the slideshow at the top of this article and the full comments from Yankic Roy below:

When the game takes place and who you get to play are very strong trends in your answers. And while I'm sure you'd want both, I'm getting more requests about story than gameplay. It makes sense, it's core to a BioWare game!

The Montreal branch of Bioware is in charge of the development of the tentatively-titled “Mass Effect 4.” They are also simultaneously working on the “Dragon Age 3: Inquisition” game that is coming out in the fall of 2014. “Mass Effect 4,” which currently does not have a release date, is being built on the Frostbite 3 (a game engine that supports the PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One). You can pre-order the next-generation systems from Amazon in the following links: PS4 and Xbox One

http://www.examiner.com/article/mass-effect-4-ps4-and-xbox-one-trailer-contents-hinted

"Mass Effect 4" has been known as the assumed title for the untitled fourth installment in the "Mass Effect" franchise, but from what BioWare has been saying, it looks like people can start thinking about another name for the next game.

According to a report from EL33O on Thursday, BioWare community manager, Chris Priestly, said people should not call the next title "Mass Effect 4," but did not offer up any other potential names.

"To call the next game 'Mass Effect 4' or 'ME4' is doing it a disservice and seems to cause a lot of confusion here.

"We have already said that the Commander Shepard trilogy is over and that the next game will not feature him/her. That is the only detail you have on the game.

"I see people saying 'well, they’ll have to pick a canon ending.' No, because the game does not have to come after.

What do you think?
What do you think?

Photo credit: 

whatculture.com
  . .
"Or before. Or off to the side. Or with characters you know. Or yaddayaddayadda. Wherever, whenever, whoever, etc will all be revealed years down the road when we actually start talking about it.

"I do not call the game ME4 when I talk about it ever, [because] that makes people think of it more as 'what happens after 'Mass Effect 3' rather than 'what game happens next set in the 'Mass Effect' Universe.

"Obviously fans are going to speculate content, character and story until we actually reveal details in the years or months to come as you have almost no actual details, just don’t get bogged down in 'well how are they going to continue ME3,'" Priestly said.

BioWare Edmonton chief Yanick Roy then decided to further elaborate on what Priestly had said before.

"What Chris is saying is that thinking of the next 'Mass Effect' game as 'Mass Effect 4' would imply a certain linearity, a straight evolution of the gameplay and story of the first three games.

"Story-wise, the arc of the first trilogy has also been concluded, and what we will do is tell a new story set in the 'Mass Effect' universe.

"That doesn’t mean that events of the first three games and the choices you made won’t get recognized, but they likely won’t be what this new story will focus on.

"I apologize for being cryptic right now, but it’s early enough in development that we don’t have much to share – things still fluctuate quite a bit," Roy said.

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-mass-effect-4-details-point-to-reboot?cid=taboola_inbound
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:59:52 PM by Henry88 »

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2013, 07:56:09 AM »
A number of BioWare employees have taken to Twitter to mentioned that the next "Mass Effect" game is well under way and is already being shown internally to BioWare employees. Unfortunately, they haven't revealed much else about the upcoming title.

"Mass Effect" executive producer Casey Hudson said on Sept. 10 "in a milestone review for next Mass Effect game. Team is doing outstanding work. Looks beautiful, fun, ambitious, and Mass Effect-y!"

According to IGN, that was soon followed by a tweet from BioWare's community manager Jessica Merizan which read: "Watching absolutely stunning work from @masseffect team. Goosebumps. Such a passionate, talented group of devs! Can't wait to say more."

Fans have been worried that the new "Mass Effect" game will take a while before it is available to the public. Back in June, Yanick Roy, the studio director of BioWare's Montreal studio that is currently developing the next game, game users a little hope.

"Don't worry: we have a large and talented team, we started a awhile ago, and we are 'borrowing' a lot of game systems from [Dragon Age: Inquisition]." He later clarified this statement by saying "since we share engine, we can start from some of [Inquisition]'s core systems instead of from scratch."

However, that was later followed by a pair of tweets from Roy that said this doesn't mean the game will be too far ahead of schedule.

"Yesterday, the rest of BioWare finally got to get a first look at the next Mass Effect. Their reaction tells me we're on the right track!" when asked if this means people will be seeing a trailer or something soon he responded. "Sadly, it probably will still be a while before we show anything publicly. Sorry!"

What we do know about the new game is that it likely won't be titled "Mass Effect 4." As fans of the franchise know, the main character, Commander Shepard, had his/her storyline come to an end at the conclusion of the last game. The company has said that calling it that would doing both the old game and the new game a disservice.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/12425/20130914/mass-effect-4-tweets-bioware-indicate-new-game-being-shown.htm

darn they are working rather fast.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2013, 03:26:15 PM »
Mass Effect 4 To Feature Single/Multiplayer, DLC And Social Network Stuff?
http://www.gamepur.com/news/12572-mass-effect-4-feature-singlemultiplayer-dlc-and-social-network-stuff.html

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 07:58:39 PM by Henry88 »

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2013, 12:26:29 PM »
The Mass Effect 4 might be released sooner rather than later when Bioware’s staff had been tweeting pictures of themselves while they were working on the game. These tweets was in conjunction of the N7 Day celebration, which of course celebrated on the 7th of November.

Other than those tweets, there had been a story told by StickSkills. The story was regarding the release date of the Mass Effect 4. StickSkill said Bioware told them that the Mass Effect 4 might be released during VGA this December. StickSkills even said that the Mass Effect 4 game would have the same reveal like its predecessor, the Mass Effect 3. Bioware would announce its title along with a CGI trailer.

As rumoured before, gamers would still not be playing as Commander Shepard. Shepard’s story ended on the Mass Effect 3 and that was confirmed. However, Bioware didn’t reveal any information regarding this matter. What they did mentioned was the Mass Effect game would go into a completely different way from the previous Mass Effect game series. The upcoming Mass Effect instalment would take place in a new vast universe.

The Mass Effect 4 is expected to hit PS4 and Xbox One early next year. Bioware was also said to be planning to make a PC version of the game which was also speculated due early next year but not yet confirmed. Are you excited to see the Mass Effect 4

http://motoringcrunch.com/news/mass-effect-4-release-date/1001502/

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2013, 08:35:44 PM »

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2013, 07:36:47 PM »
Mass Effect will almost certainly arrive sooner rather than later, at least fans hope so, if pics that staff at Bioware has been Tweeting are anything to go by. The Tweets were sent out on Twitter on 7th November.

We also heard a story about the release date of Mass Effect 4, which came from StickSkills. They said that we could see Mass Effect 4 in Decemebr at the VGA and that Bioware may announce it with a CGI trailer as they did with Mass Effect 3.

Don’t expect to see Commander Shepard as his story seems to have finished with Mass Effect 3 and this is something that has been confirmed. Bioware have not given away anything at the moment, but they have said that the new game would take a different direction. It is thought that Mass Effect 4 could take place in a new universe.

Mass Effect 4 should be making its way out onto the Xbox One and PS4 during early 2014. It is thought that a version will come out for the PC later on that year.

http://www.sidhtech.com/news/mass-effect-4-gameplay-teaser-features-vga/10025321/

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2013, 12:24:08 PM »
Mass Effect 4 is going to be big. The fourth instalment to the highly successful franchise is currently in developments and will be coming for a release very soon. Game developer BioWare has made it clear that Commander Shepard, along with anyone who is related to him, has been retired from Mass Effect.

Studio Director for BioWare Montreal, Yanick Roy, assures fans that the game will still be great, even without Commander Shepard. Despite the removal of many characters in the upcoming Mass Effect 4, Roy said that the future of the game will still carry that distinct traditional gameplay. This provided fans with a sigh of relief.

As for the story line, Roy promised that Mass Effect 4 will deliver a rich, cinematic storytelling that would appeal the fans of the game. Indeed Commander Shepard is missed by many but it has to be done or Bioware might spoil the already great trilogy.

Mass Effect 4 will be a great game but what kind of new features can it offer? Roy revealed the alien race to be more diverse and a huge galaxy to explore. We are not sure on when the game is set on. Is it after or before Shepard? It could also be during the time of Shepard.

Last but not least, we are confident that BioWare will deliver a more exciting game to play for us to enjoy. Fans too are eagerly waiting for the release of Mass Effect 4.

http://www.sidhtech.com/news/mass-effect-4-aliens/10025764/

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2013, 08:48:49 AM »
Mass Effect 4 is “fresh yet recognisable” and already playable, says Bioware
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/mass-effect-4-is-fresh-yet-recognisable-and-already-playable-says-bioware

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2014, 07:22:58 PM »
Bioware: Mass Effect 4 Release Date Will Be Around Christmas 2014 If Not Later
http://motoringcrunch.com/news/bioware-mass-effect-4-release-date-christmas/1003576/