login

Author Topic: Adventure Time  (Read 15481 times)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5181
  • Mr. Robot
Re: Adventure Time
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 02:33:51 AM »
The Great Bird Man

Nice one.  I love it when seemingly one note characters are presented with extra depth, and this turned out to be a fun episode.  With male nursing. *shudder*

I love PB's cruel laughter at the mermaid's plight.  "Turns out their just lonely.  Haha!"

Next episode is called Simon and Marcy.  Man, am I looking forward to that.

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2013, 02:02:10 PM »
Are you serious with this last episode? Wow. One of the best the series has ever produced. Such a great companion piece to "I Remember You". Simply brilliant stuff. If it wasn't already, this cemented itself as one of the best shows on television. Also, it didn't air with a title card (for me at least) but this is it:

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:09:24 PM by iv3rdawG »
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3569
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2013, 02:04:13 PM »
I love the Simon and Marcy stuff too.

My wife is going to make a couple of those stuffed animals for my daughters.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2013, 09:22:56 PM »

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2013, 04:39:50 AM »
Yeah, it was one of the best they've made.  Not as out and out sad as I Remember You, but still very touching and sad.  Also lots of hints at the origins of Ooo (So PB was basically the dad from the Super Mario Bros movie?  That's neat).

Also, who wants a visit from the Clambulance?

Also, also, how jarring was it that not only did the show make an out and out pop culture reference, they used the Cheers theme as a plot point.

Next episode is "A Glitch is a Glitch"  So it that a BMO episode or a NEPTR episode?  Or a Futball episode (I don't know why, but I think it should be spelled that way).

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2013, 11:52:09 AM »
My wife just made a couple of these:

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2013, 05:32:32 AM »
Sell it... to a witch!

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2013, 09:41:48 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NX_vcjZmQ9w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NX_vcjZmQ9w</a>
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »
one second later.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2013, 07:05:19 AM »
Finally caught up.  Great episode.  Not the first time they've used 3D, but this one is more ambitious and out and out crazy (keeping in mind I really liked Guardians of Sunshine).  My favourite bits were the aforementioned One Second Later, "Still into it" and Jake remembering his hand.  Oh, and PB kissing her own hand, which, now that I think about it, is a pretty naughty metaphor.

Nice to have the Ice King in a straight forward villain role again too.  He might be sad and goofy, but he's unstable, dangerous and he nearly destroyed the universe.  Hell, the Lich wasn't even able to accomplish that, and that's his raison d'etre.  Still, it's hard to stay mad at him when he's trapped in a house being bitten by a hideous snake-scorpion.  Oh, Ice King, you so crazy!

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2013, 03:10:28 AM »
Puhoy

This was a great episode.  I think this is going to be one of those episodes that people will forget how good it is.  It isn't as dark and unsettling like "All the Little People", as emotionally powerful as "I Remember You", as nuts as "Sons of Mars or as laugh out loud funny as "Hug Wolf" or as fan pleasing as "Fionna and Cake" but it is a really strong, interesting episode.  It is an emotionally satisfying, gently sweet episode with a lot going for it.  I also like the episode, which was a bit sad, but also quite funny.

Also Adventure Time continues it's tradition of awesome guest stars with Jonothan Frakes and Wallace Shawn.

"THERE'S NO GOOD KIND OF FESTERING!"

Oh, and I love misremembered Jake the Dog.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2013, 03:51:43 AM »
BMO Lost

I didn't care for the last two more kid friendly Treetrunks stories, but I love this kid-friendly BMO story.  Like the Treetrunks stories, it feels a bit more appropriate for a juvenile audience, but there seemed to be a dark element to these ones while feeling gentle and sweet.  There's still a lot of comedy (BMO's turns of phrase and the final minute), but it feels more in the vein of Winnie the Pooh (particularly the dialogue of the Bubble) and fairy tales.

Maybe I'm looking for metaphors where there aren't, but do you think this feels like a melancholy story of a tragic relationship.  2 people meet, have a child, lose a child, decide to move in together, then the husband suddenly dies and then the wife turns to religion.  Hmm... maybe I'm just thinking to hard.

Oh, and another Star Trek alumni in this one with Levarr Burton.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2013, 01:32:34 AM »
Shh

OK, that was adorable.  It's a very slight episode, but also sort of gentle and fun.  That's what I like about this show: it can have a different feel from episode to episode and though there are some great visuals, this is a very easy going episode.  Even the "fight" at the very end feels sort of mellow.  Oh, and I totally knew that's how they were going to use Jake's "the Jam?" sign.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4512
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2013, 07:54:10 AM »

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »
Frost & Fire

A great episodes.  One of the few episodes where Finn really pays for being a selfish kid.  He's done stuff like that before, but he's usually forgiven or justified at the end, but now he's done something he can't take back.  Great episode, with some great visual gags.  I love Ice King's snow warriors.

"I dunno.  Why does anyone do anything?"
"...why do they?"