login

Author Topic: Where are the blockbuster movie riffs????  (Read 69509 times)

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Re: Where are the blockbuster movie riffs????
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2012, 10:37:33 AM »
Who was it that did the Twilight riff about the same time the guys did??  I really enjoyed that one enough I made a second riff audio track on the same DVD as my normal riff.  I just mostly remember the long drawn out "kiss" scene: "I've always wondered what it was like to see you from 3 inches away...... niiiiiiiiiice..... Aw dammit, you moved!"

Actually, there were two Iriff groups who did excellent riffs of Twilight about the same time the Guys did it.  Both were hilarious and I still listen to them as well as the the "official" riff.

One of them was done by Ice On Mars.  I can't remember who did the other off the top of my head and I'm not near that computer right now.  I'll be back when I have that info.
Raven's Riffs was the other one
http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/ravens-riffs/ravens-riffs-twilight

Ice on Mars also did an excellent riff of New Moon, too.

I think Raven's Riffs was the one I got.  I'll have to check out Ice On Mars riffs for Twilight when I am done being sick of riffs on that entire franchise.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »
We wouldn't even be having this discussion if people weren't so lazy and cheap and not willing to pollute their collection with Karate Kid 3.

Hey Conor! When are you and Sean going to do a RiffTrax Presents??

Really the only thing I miss with the MP3 is the picture quality. I pretty much just do HD MKV files for all my riffs now and I am completely spoiled (when oh when will CROSSROADS come out on blu??). Also I like mixing the riffs for my home system. A couple of the VODs particularly Bloody Pit Of Horror had the movie audio too low and the riffing too loud for my setup. I was always having to adjust my volume.

I agree on the Bloody Pit audio.

Also the HD version of Crater Lake Monster looks spectacular.

Danecho1967

« Reply #182 on: August 27, 2012, 11:40:13 AM »
I enjoyed the Casablanca riff so much, I'd love for the guys to take on a challenging and good movie again.  I'll bet the Casablanca riff didn't sell well either, though.  My sister and I did an impromptu riff of "The African Queen" many years ago.

Me:  Now they're getting along?  They did it.
Her:  No, they didn't. 
Me:  Uh, yes they did.
Her:  Look, they would never have that as a subplot for a movie way back then.
Me:  I'm telling you, they got their freak on.
Her:  Get your mind out of the gutter!
Me:  :::doing my best impression of Bogey and Katherine Hepburn in "the act", as it were:::
Her:  :::Throwing popcorn at me and yelling, "shut up.":::

I'm not saying we were entertaining enough for a large audience, I'm just saying you can riff just about anything.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2012, 12:00:23 PM »
I enjoyed the Casablanca riff so much, I'd love for the guys to take on a challenging and good movie again.  I'll bet the Casablanca riff didn't sell well either, though.

That's one of my top faves.  I LOOOOOVE the Casablanca riff.  I wish they had tried Citizen Kane first though, because I think the general peoples would have been a bit more welcoming to a riff of that one...
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3115
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2012, 12:14:17 PM »
As a side-note, I don't know how well Birdemic and The Room sold, but I'd really appreciate it if Rifftrax would keep introducing me to these modern oddities. Just as a public service. :^)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5649
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #185 on: August 27, 2012, 12:32:43 PM »
As a side-note, I don't know how well Birdemic and The Room sold, but I'd really appreciate it if Rifftrax would keep introducing me to these modern oddities. Just as a public service. :^)
I'm not sure how many relatives Disembaudio has left to traumatize.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2012, 01:19:40 PM »
If it is a revenue issue with why we aren't having so many modern movies riffed...does that mean that having guest celebrities isn't lucrative either? Because they haven't had one of those in a while too.
I would have thought that doing that would boost sales significantly! And if somebody like Wierd Al is too expensive for the amount of money it brings in, surely Bruce Campbell or somebody else really cool on our LoC can't be very expensive.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 294
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2012, 01:22:15 PM »
Yes, Citizen Kane! They should do it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2012, 01:25:15 PM »
The only guest riffer I've heard whom I want to come back again was NPH. He was hilarious.
Yeah, NPH did a really good job. I also loved Wierd Al riffing.
As much as I like Fred Willard, he didn't seem like he was all that comfortable with it for some reason. I wouldn't mind seeing him back if he would practice some more, though.

But really, Bruce Campbell riffing would be AWESOME. And given this kind of crowd, I have to beleive it would be a huge seller.

Danecho1967

« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2012, 01:38:10 PM »
Yeah, Bruce Campbell was the reason I started watching "Burn Notice".  I actually like it for a lot of reasons now and became a big fan - I even put an homage to it in my last Intro Video - but Bruce got me started watching.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2012, 01:52:24 PM »
Yes, Citizen Kane! They should do it.

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see a MKB riff of Citizen Kane. Only Rifftrax fans would be buying it, so it wouldn't sell enough.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2012, 04:34:29 PM »
As much as I like Fred Willard, he didn't seem like he was all that comfortable with it for some reason. I wouldn't mind seeing him back if he would practice some more, though.

That would be worth doing just for the masturbation jokes.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2012, 05:15:06 PM »
As much as I like Fred Willard, he didn't seem like he was all that comfortable with it for some reason.

He's probably not used to watching movies with his pants on.

Offline AdamCerious

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 47
  • Dohhhh ho ho ho ho!
    • Cerious Software
« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2012, 08:54:53 PM »
The only guest riffer I've heard whom I want to come back again was NPH. He was hilarious.
"I swear to God, Salt, I will CUT YOU!" is one of my biggest Rifftrax laughs ever. NPH and Joel McHale both need to come back. Donald Glover would be awesome too.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:00:08 AM by AdamCerious »

Offline Wernski

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #194 on: August 28, 2012, 04:08:40 AM »
I've talked about the guest riffers I liked in the guest riffer thread we had recently, but I have to admit, in general... a guest riffer (or riffers) is more likely to make me wary of buying a riff than entice me.  Like, I know MKB are essentially the masters... and if it's a guest riffer I've enjoyed in the past, or any of the CinTan crew, that's great.  But if they're just going to get some sitcom actor or podcaster, I'd just worry that they're going to be out of their element, and detract more than they contribute.  With MKB, they've pretty well mastered the formula to perfection, so anything else is going to look like "New Coke."