login

Author Topic: Deborah Reed from Troll 2  (Read 3504 times)

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
Deborah Reed from Troll 2
« on: October 01, 2013, 11:25:08 PM »
Allow me to just vent some odd emotions after finding out a little bit about Deborah Reed/Holman.  A couple days ago I popped Troll 2 in for a reviewing (this probably makes the 5th time as a Rifftrax plus I suffered through it during a Troll / Troll 2 marathon before Rifftrax).  I then searched around regarding the movie to find out three years late that "Best Worst Movie", a documentary made by the now grown up lead actor kid in Troll 2, had been released.  Netflix streaming had it so I sat through that.  I was surprised to find out that the very standoutish woman who played Creedence the druid/witch type character was not even mentioned, while the doc went on to follow many other minor characters in surprising detail.

I then started searching her out as I felt she was perhaps the best AND campiest thing about the movie :-) only to find precious little info on her.

As it seems, Deborah has stayed in some form of acting or production capacity since her appearance in T2.  In fact, she still embraces the "iconic" roll of Creedence, as seen in some of her Youtube video uploads:

http://www.youtube.com/user/troll2queen

...and her website:

http://gogreenwiththetroll2queen.com/

What captivated me was the goofy local ads with her husband Randy.  These are cheeseball low rent productions paid for by local blue collar companies.  Despite the cheese, there's something charming about them.

Then I basically stumbled upon this highschool reunion update:

http://www.easthighleopards69.com/class_profile.cfm?member_id=1677358

And again some photos and text really drove home how grounded and happy she was with her life and marriage, albeit the lasting "drama queen" persona that might be considered offputting or perhaps an attempt at reliving the past.  I have come to the conclusion that she just had so much fun with it that she couldn't stop playing Creedence.

What made me post this set of observations was the next page I ran across:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/deseretnews/obituary.aspx?pid=159256759#fbLoggedOut

For someone I didn't know personally, this news was about as shocking as it can get.  The sinking feeling of someone I "knew" suffering such a painful loss was very real, if unexplainable, as an otherwise relatively emotionless fellow.  I guess the reason I'm sharing here is that we are mostly a community of people who care about the "extended Rifftrax family" and thought this might be important news to pass on, despite being over one year late discovering it.

Deborah seems like a genuinely nice and positive person that happens to be semi-immortalized through one of the worst movies ever made.  She definitely gave her character the ride of its lifetime so one can't blame her for the movie's poor reception; in fact one may consider her effort one of the charms in an otherwise craptastic production.  I hope that she has made or eventually will make it through the emotional tragedy that is the loss of her husband.

I'll leave you with this goofy image to lighten the mood: popcorn.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
Re: Deborah Reed from Troll 2
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 07:01:16 AM »
I love popcorn!

But seriously, thanks for this... it was an interesting read. I'll also occasionally get lost in following internet bread crumbs about relatively obscure actors / production folks from the b-movies featured on MST3K and Rifftrax. Maybe not anything lately with the gravitas of this poor woman becoming a widow... but I've always been a bit of a "where are they now?" dork... Sometimes that leads you into fun little discoveries... Like every time I watch Fairly OddParents with my kids, I get a kick knowing that Timmy's dad / Cosmo is the same actor who was the Club Scum MC in Hobgoblins... and sometimes it's darker... As every time I watch Manos I have at least one moment where it hits me that the actor that played Torgo took his own head off with a shotgun and that possibly his involvement with the movie contributed.

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
Re: Deborah Reed from Troll 2
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 05:06:59 PM »
Yeah, that's what leads me to learning more about the people behind these low budget enterprises.  You just have to have your ears or eyes working to find out about a Kardashian's latest exploits, in fact not learning more about the Kardashuans is more difficult than learning about them.  Checking up on folks who made one movie in the 80's is a lot more time consuming.

IIRC the Club Scum MC is the only person from Hobgoblins who gets consistent work; he's a professional voice talent, right?  Speaking of another movie that had a documentary made about it... MST3K and Rifftrax should start getting royalties when these turds get rediscovered.