0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (Terrible)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Rank a Riff - Help Community By Voting :D  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Bang

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 4
Rank a Riff - Help Community By Voting :D
« on: July 02, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »
Sooo, what did you think? 

I feel the Rank a Riff thread is very useful in determining the quality of a rifftrax. So I ask users that have downloaded this Riff, please let your voice be heard by the poll and by the comments!

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Re: Rank a Riff - Help Community By Voting :D
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 11:24:07 AM »
I gave it a 7.  I may pop it up to 8 after another watch... as I really get the feeling I need to watch it again to let it grow on me.

It's a good solid riff, but I reeeeally think they ruin these things by constantly comparing them to the Ice Cream Bunny and weird stuff like that.  When they do that, I really expect something just effing bizarre and just.... insanely dumbfounding.  Yet this movie was a fairly average foreign "horror" film of the era, and not all that "wtf?!" inducing.

I've had the same issue with the last few they've said are "The 'Ice Cream Bunny' of (genre)"  ... They've all seemed fairly normal, so they never even remotely live up to expectations.  While others that they DON'T compare to bizarre shit end up being friggin weird.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 11:31:07 AM »
Don't you mean "help THE Community"?  The way you keep phrasing it sounds like you're bringing that NBC show into this.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 11:45:49 AM »
I gave it a very rare 10

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 12:50:21 PM »
Don't you mean "help THE Community"?  The way you keep phrasing it sounds like you're bringing that NBC show into this.

Maybe he's just trying to piss off Lionel Twain?

I'll go with 8 on this, pretty consistant laughs, but nothing side splitting.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 06:40:26 PM »
I reeeeally think they ruin these things by constantly comparing them to the Ice Cream Bunny and weird stuff like that. 

It's Mexico's "Plan 9"!

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 06:44:02 PM »
I reeeeally think they ruin these things by constantly comparing them to the Ice Cream Bunny and weird stuff like that. 

It's Mexico's "Plan 9"!

Yeah, it's probably closer to Plan 9 than the Ice Cream Bunny.  Just dumb with bad 'effects' ....  but it didn't leave me staring dumbfounded thinking "what the hell am I watching?!" even once, which is what their promotions made me expect.

I guess it's my fault considering they've said that about the past 5 VOD releases too...
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 301
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 04:28:04 PM »
I gave it an eight. It's a very high eight however, so close to a nine. In other words an 8.9 or 8 and a half stars with just a little bit more jagged pieces protruding to subtly suggest it is in fact very close to a 9 but not quite. Almost.

What a bizarre film. My girlfriend and I had a lot of fun puzzling over the plot afterward. A brain cabinet. Yes. We need one of those....because like The Braniac we suck...hah. I'm going to go tongue myself to death now.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 06:21:08 PM »
I gave it an 8. I love black & white, poorly dubbed sci-fi/horror films like this.