Author Topic: Total Recall Release Date:Aug 3, 2012  (Read 2303 times)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1244
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: Total Recall Release Date:Aug 3, 2012
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 06:58:39 AM »
I like I, Robot & Minority Report and this seems in the same vein but it's Bill Nighy and Bryan Cranston that pretty much make this must-see for me
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 07:09:08 AM »
I like I, Robot & Minority Report and this seems in the same vein but it's Bill Nighy and Bryan Cranston that pretty much make this must-see for me

I looked at the cast and it is pretty great.....who know, it might be good.

Russell

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
I am sorry but I must Disagree. Colin Ferrel is a useless, worthless pathetic excuse for an actor and he doesn't have 1/1000th the wit, charm or screen presence of Arnold. The movie looks to be more effects oriented than story-oriented. Whereas the original had a very unique and creepy atmosphere, this one just reeks of "been there, done that".

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 10:16:19 AM »
I am sorry but I must Disagree. Colin Ferrel is a useless, worthless pathetic excuse for an actor and he doesn't have 1/1000th the wit, charm or screen presence of Arnold. The movie looks to be more effects oriented than story-oriented. Whereas the original had a very unique and creepy atmosphere, this one just reeks of "been there, done that".

Fair enough, don't bother with the new adaption and give those people some air
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

MontyServo

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 10:22:38 AM »
Colin Ferrel is a useless, worthless pathetic excuse for an actor

See In Bruges and tell me if you still feel the same.

The movie looks to be more effects oriented than story-oriented. Whereas the original had a very unique and creepy atmosphere, this one just reeks of "been there, done that".

I wonder if people in the '70s got this bent out of shape about Donald Sutherland starring in a remake of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (also made 22 years after the original)?

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 10:33:02 AM »

The movie looks to be more effects oriented than story-oriented. Whereas the original had a very unique and creepy atmosphere, this one just reeks of "been there, done that".

I wonder if people in the '70s got this bent out of shape about Donald Sutherland starring in a remake of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (also made 22 years after the original)?

:clap:
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2487
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 10:37:45 AM »
My complaint about these types of remakes is that if you are going to change the story that much, change the darn title also.  Looks like this story could have easily been made as a sequel.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 12:52:52 PM »
My main complaint with the movie is that it just looks genericly dull.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Russell

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 03:31:44 PM »

My biggest problem is that Colin Ferrel is supposed to replace Arnold... no. Just... NO. That's like replacing Bacon with a Brussel sprout. The original is shameless, juicy, meaty, and delivers a delicious performance that's not meant to be taken seriously but it's also the greatest thing ever. What the hell you going to do with a fucking brussel sprout? It's green, it's not nice to look at, it's not fun to eat, it's quite possibly going to make you queasy for hours on end.

I've seen In Bruges and Colin Ferrel was okay for that, but that was a serious dramedy, but this is an intense sci-fi adventure, unless I'm wrong, which I could be.