Author Topic: How REAL Is Reality TV?  (Read 3269 times)

MontyServo

Re: How REAL Is Reality TV?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 04:07:10 AM »
Hell's Kitchen is back, one of my many guilty pleasures

I heart Gordon Ramsey.

Whole bunch of crazy women on the show this year.  I love how quickly they are just flying off the handle.  Don't they do psych profiles on these people before casting them?

I think with this show they put three or four "ringers" in there, meaning people actually qualified to win the show, and then stock the rest of the cast with folks over their heads just to make the show entertaining.

Still love it though.  Nice to see this back to back with Masterchef.  But my favorite cooking reality show is still Top Chef Masters.  Can't wait for the next season of that.

And regarding reality shows in general, I have always wanted to apply to be on Big Brother, even though I prefer the UK version of the show to the US version.  I am afraid I am not allowed to apply for the UK version (already looked into it, you have to be a resident.)  That plus it would be hard to get the time off from work to commit to a three month show.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:10:51 AM by Monty »

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Re: How REAL Is Reality TV?
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 04:58:41 PM »
Hell's Kitchen is back, one of my many guilty pleasures

I heart Gordon Ramsey.

Whole bunch of crazy women on the show this year.  I love how quickly they are just flying off the handle.  Don't they do psych profiles on these people before casting them?

I think with this show they put three or four "ringers" in there, meaning people actually qualified to win the show, and then stock the rest of the cast with folks over their heads just to make the show entertaining.

Still love it though.  Nice to see this back to back with Masterchef.  But my favorite cooking reality show is still Top Chef Masters.  Can't wait for the next season of that.

And regarding reality shows in general, I have always wanted to apply to be on Big Brother, even though I prefer the UK version of the show to the US version.  I am afraid I am not allowed to apply for the UK version (already looked into it, you have to be a resident.)  That plus it would be hard to get the time off from work to commit to a three month show.

Also, this might happen to you:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HQjq639WPiU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HQjq639WPiU</a>
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien