login

Author Topic: (Star Wars) And a choir of Angels descended from the heavens...  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: (Star Wars) And a choir of Angels descended from the heavens...
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »
I would like to hear how relieved he would be that Hayden Christensen is not playing him in his younger years.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 01:40:23 AM »
I don't blame Hayden Christensen, I blame unspeakably awful writing.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Starman!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 03:50:04 PM »
I would like to request a good blu-ray release of THX 1138. I have yet to get the BD released as some reviews have stated the DVD special edition is actually better.

I hate that Blu Ray. I rented it on Netflix and it never got past the loading screen. I thought "ok maybe it's just this disc", so I wrote to Netflix about it and they sent me another copy on Blu Ray. This new disc did the same thing. It would never get past the loading screen. The disc logo just kept spinning. So I'll have to rent it yet again but on DVD (haven't gotten around to it yet).

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 11:37:24 PM »
I *AM* excited about the Indiana Jones Blu-Rays. I just saw a trailer on Youtube, and they look great.

I just can't shake off the fear that he screwed it up! Yeah, Crystal Skull was a let-down, but I can live with that because so far, to the best of my knowledge, he has NOT tampered with the GOOD movies. Speilberg had to put him in a Hannibal Lector restraint, but the movies have thus far remained untouched (and rest assured, it would be a "bad touch").

But if I see that dude with the scimitar shoot first, I'm going to be upset.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 05:17:21 AM »
Yeah I didn't get the DvDs because I already had the laser discs burned to DvDs so I can't wait for the Blu Rays.  I am also looking forward to Jaws,that is suppose to come out some time this year too.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 08:58:04 AM »
But if I see that dude with the scimitar shoot first, I'm going to be upset.

So you haven't heard about the CGI addition of a 3rd arm that comes out of the guys back, holding a machine gun?  He then fires off about 50 rounds that all miss, then Indy gets off his shot.  Because we all know that big angry scimitar guys are not threatening enough to allow for self defense.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 09:56:20 AM »
I don't blame Hayden Christensen, I blame unspeakably awful writing.

I do. Well, I blame him for Episode III. The whiny teenager thing would've worked in Ep. II if he had been better directed (see Life as a House). But with the more mature content of Ep. III, they needed an actor that could convey the requisite rage rather than a constant "it's not fair!" face.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:19:40 PM by MSTJedi »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 11:38:27 AM »
I can only hope that her first act is to release the theatrical editions of the original trilogy on BluRay. With commentary by Mark Hamill.

As good as that sounds, not likely. At best it'll be a few years down the road, so her first act wouldn't be seen as a show of disrespect by going back on something Lucas was maintaining couldn't be done. Doing this now would be like Kennedy calling Lucas a liar. Doing it in a few years she could say "we've tried a new restorative technique on the previosly thought destroyed masters and had a breakthrough" or some similar explanation.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing