Author Topic: Carol's family income bracket  (Read 1054 times)

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 113
  • The Drugly American
    • Choronzon
Carol's family income bracket
« on: April 24, 2012, 11:02:19 PM »
This short was made somewhere in Los Angeles.  More like, somewhere in Bel Air or Brentwood, egads.  Did you notice the size of that back yard? Carol looks like she's a fairly spoiled little girl.  Giant backyard, her own duck hutch, pond in the middle of the lawn, great big canopied yard swing.  Jeepers.  The affluent days of the 1970s - how I miss them.

Or maybe I just miss being a spoiled little girl myself.  I grew up in LA too (in a suburb that used to be considered part of it but is now called Santa Clarita) and we had a fairly large yard (half the size of Carol's tho') and a small fish pond and garden swing too.

But ducks would have bored me.  Instead, I had a wall-to-wall 8-compartment reptile enclosure full of things that slither in my bedroom. I would take the garter snakes out to the fish pool and let them feed on the zillions of little goldfish and tadpoles in it.

BUT I WOULD NOT BE CAUGHT DEAD IN A DRESS LIKE CAROL'S.

OK, nostalgia break over.

Why does everything filmed in the late sixties/early seventies make people look jaundiced?
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline Darkwalker

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 5
Re: Carol's family income bracket
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 06:57:16 PM »
The sun was yellower then? Ozone layer depletion? Don't know, I missed all but the last 4 months of the 70's