login

Author Topic: we have lost Barnabas  (Read 1410 times)

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Re: we have lost Barnabas
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 09:14:45 AM »
:o Wow, I had no idea the show was done live! I've never seen any of it (probably if I had I would have figured that out). That is interesting, given that it's not like it was made in the era when TV had to be live.

I'm not sure about the later seasons (the ones in the past) but the earlier seasons (at least up TO when they (occasionally) were in colour) were done live.  I've noticed some later seasons having voice-overs for thought, so I'm not sure if that means it was done in post, or if they pre-recorded the voice-overs and the actors just reacted in real-time to them.......  but you'll notice in earlier seasons that they do a LOT of thinking aloud; even when someone else is in the room, they'll walk off to the side of the "stage" and talk aloud to themselves.  This is due to trying to convey thought on live TV.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 09:25:07 AM »
:o Wow, I had no idea the show was done live! I've never seen any of it (probably if I had I would have figured that out). That is interesting, given that it's not like it was made in the era when TV had to be live.

They sell DVDs that have the famous error bits in them!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 12:41:55 PM »
And..........since Netflix instant watching has 1000 of these available to watch on TV, ugh, I have started.

I guess there were 1250 shows and I wondered why they did not have all of them on instant watch.  Turns out the first 250 episodes of the 1966 soap opera were just that, a soap opera.  They did not put the vampire on it until 250 episodes in the season.  I bet that FREAKED everyone out watching a soap opera, then it turned into a vampire and werewolf thing.  That is pretty cool.

I have finished 180 of them, 820 to go!  Fortunately, each episode is only 22 mintues.  But, it will be several months before I finish the travel plan.