login

Author Topic: New TMNT movie?  (Read 7317 times)

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
Re: New TMNT movie?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2007, 06:08:24 AM »
i would of bought it  ;D but im still 20 so maybe that doesnt count.   :rimshot:

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2007, 09:47:08 AM »
Adult [snicker]

I almost bought a TMNT blanket yesterday.  Talk about lame.  I talked myself out of it, "Holy crap, you're almost 30 and you're seriously thinking about buying a TMNT blanket? You're a moron."

Don't beat yourself up. I was excited to see the TMNT bedding too.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3892
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2007, 11:04:44 AM »
The adult in me appreciated it greatly, and the kid in me loved it too. :^) The movie looks awesome, the team dynamic of the turtles is well-played, and the characterization is right on. It was everything I wanted it to be, and is undeniably the best Turtles movie ever (Not that that's a high bar to jump. :^))

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2007, 05:13:21 PM »
My favorite moment was in one of the trailers.  It's when Mikey reveals that he makes extra cash by performing at kids' birthday parties in a ninja turtle character costume. (complete with oversized head and giant foam 'chucks...)

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2007, 05:25:58 PM »
I haven't seen the film but I loved that trailer too.  Then it goes to the scene where one of the turtles say, "Looks like your mom." and Leo says, with a sigh, "that'd be your mom too, dufus."  That trailer makes me even more excited about it.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2007, 07:06:03 AM »
OMG - awesome movie.

Go see it everyone, NOW.... okay not NOW if you're doing something real busy-like, but you get my point.

It was right on (Raph is the man), and the story was actually really cool! And! Dare I say it.....sequel possibility? I think so....

Freaking awesome! We need more 3D ACTION movies. This definitely breaks the 3D animation mold of Scottish ogres and talking fish!
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 07:50:56 AM »
I haven't seen the film but I loved that trailer too.  Then it goes to the scene where one of the turtles say, "Looks like your mom." and Leo says, with a sigh, "that'd be your mom too, dufus."  That trailer makes me even more excited about it.
Yeah I like that scene too, but if you take a closer look, I'm pretty sure that's Donny who says that (or maybe it's just because he's reading a big, thick, leather bound hardcover book...)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2007, 09:50:48 AM »
I saw it and I'm not going to lie to you, I didn't regret it at all.  It was a good movie, and in my opinion holds its own against most of the new movies I have seen lately.  The filmakers make good use out of the CGI with excellent sweeping camera moves and fluid motion.  Anyone who was dissapointed it wasn't live action needs to see Michaelangelo's skateboarding scene, it was awesome.  I liked the story and the development, and at 25 years old, it didn't feel like just a kids movie to me.  All in all a movie worth seeing, and if a sequel is made by the same filmakers I will probably see that one too.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2007, 09:52:28 AM »
Yeah I like that scene too, but if you take a closer look, I'm pretty sure that's Donny who says that (or maybe it's just because he's reading a big, thick, leather bound hardcover book...)

You're probably right. I only saw the commercial once.  Everyone knows Leo can't read.  Those who can't read lead.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2007, 06:16:05 PM »
ah it sounds like its still a good time to be a nerd,  i cant wait to see it. 

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3892
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2007, 06:54:28 PM »
If you ever had any love for Ninja Turtles (Or those freaky "Hero" turtles over there. :^)) then see this movie. It's required viewing for anyone who ever proclaimed to be a Turtles fan. Even if it was once upon a time. :^)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2007, 07:01:21 PM »
sounds good, i just hope its still playing in the states when i get back ..

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2007, 11:17:47 PM »

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 02:56:19 AM »

You're probably right. I only saw the commercial once.  Everyone knows Leo can't read.  Those who can't read lead.
lol... Nah, I just meant most of the time Leo's either meditating or practicing with his katana....

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2007, 06:27:30 AM »
I was a couple years too old to really catch the initial TMNT fever when they first became popular in the mainstream... I watched the original animated show here and there and saw the Jim Henson creature-suit movies... but never really had any attachment to the franchise.

I went to see this because a couple of friends were really interested in it. My expectations were low and I didn't really have any interest in seeing it beyond an eventual rental. Still, with the wife and baby out for the day, I had nothing to lose but a few bucks. I'm very glad I decided to go. Having nothing but a basic understanding of the franchise, I really enjoyed it. Just an enjoyable 'action comedy' that  was always interesting to look at and listen to. I thought it did a pretty good job of playing for both kids and adults without ever seeming to pander to either side. I was pleasantly surprised and it was definitely more enjoyable than my prior plans of re-authoring my rifftrax backlog would have been.