login

Author Topic: Ninja The Mission Force  (Read 1232 times)

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
Ninja The Mission Force
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:20:58 PM »
A new webseries from Ed Glaser and Brad Jones, parodying the cut-and-paste ninja flicks of yore.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oR5KMWKcMy8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oR5KMWKcMy8</a>

Why, yes, I *was* giggling through the entire trailer. And RiffTrax fans should recognize a few of those public domain clips...

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Re: Ninja The Mission Force
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 08:34:02 PM »
Nice. I like the attention to detail, what with the aged film look and all. They really nailed the audio with that retro reverb and the whole two voices in the same scene sounding like they were recorded in completely different studios thing. That is a thing, right? 
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline doggans

• doggans.com
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:39:45 PM »
"First Look" promo! The amount of fun Ed and Brad have with this genre is positively infectious.

Offline doggans

• doggans.com
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:09:31 PM »
Episode One is out, in all its Laser Mission-y glory!

Loved the awful puns and the incongruity between the new footage and the old. I hope as the series goes on, there's more fun and creative interactions with the stock clips.

Offline MeaganRachelle

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
    • Ninja The Mission Force
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 09:44:40 AM »
Thanks for the shout-out!  There are guaranteed to be ten episodes, as we shot the season and are putting it together if only for our own satisfaction.  Just love these movies too much not too.

Fun fact: I had to watch the public domain movies so many times to write this, that I did indeed often pop in the rifftrax version of boy in the plastic bubble, NOLD, planet of the dinosaurs.  After I'd written the laser mission episode, they riff'd it, so now I watch that one too.  I'm a huge MST3K and rifftrax nerd, so I took HUGE pains to make sure that there was no humor crossover. 

Love to hear how you like the series now that we're up to ep 3. 
Ninjas, gladiator midgets and Orson Welles on one series- only at NinjaTheMissionForce.com

Offline doggans

• doggans.com
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 12:54:24 PM »
The series keeps getting better and better. VERY excited for next week's Plastic Bubble episode!