login

Author Topic: Baseball: The Thread  (Read 61197 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: Baseball 2012, The Thread
« Reply #210 on: October 05, 2012, 05:19:08 PM »
They called the Infield fly really late (and on the replay it looks like at the point they called it he had no chance to catch it)

Zombie Monty

« Reply #211 on: October 05, 2012, 05:24:10 PM »
I see. 

Atlanta fans gonna riot!  These single game wild card play-in's are too intense!

Go O's!!!!!!  Beat Texas!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #212 on: October 05, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »
And that's the game! NOPE! Infield hit for Chipper.

Exciting game.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #213 on: October 05, 2012, 05:39:19 PM »
Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My team, whew!

And the "classy asshole" fans.    Haha

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #214 on: October 05, 2012, 09:29:27 PM »
O's made it in!  What an exciting day of baseball (and I don't say that often).  I really love the new wild card system.  One and done type of games like that are usually fun to watch.

Yankees are up next.  We split the regular season series 9-9.  Should be a great match up.  I just really hope we can get the 2 wins at home before going to NY (which makes no sense that the division winner has to play on the road for the first 2 games, but it benefits my team so I'll take it  8)).

Zombie Monty

« Reply #215 on: October 05, 2012, 10:07:43 PM »
O's made it in!  What an exciting day of baseball (and I don't say that often).  I really love the new wild card system.  One and done type of games like that are usually fun to watch.

Yankees are up next.  We split the regular season series 9-9.  Should be a great match up.  I just really hope we can get the 2 wins at home before going to NY (which makes no sense that the division winner has to play on the road for the first 2 games, but it benefits my team so I'll take it  8)).

Go O's!!!

Bet on them when I was in Vegas back in May.  I've got $40 on them to win it all at 35-1.  Pays $1440 if they can pull it off.   8)

:highfive: 

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #216 on: October 05, 2012, 10:20:02 PM »

Go O's!!!

Bet on them when I was in Vegas back in May.  I've got $40 on them to win it all at 35-1.  Pays $1440 if they can pull it off.   8)

:highfive: 

Nice.  It would be amazing if they did.  I'm just happy they got past the one game playoff and I get to see them in a playoff series for the first time since I was 11 years old.  I'm also glad that the Ravens game will be over before game 1 starts on Sunday.  Hopefully both Baltimore birds can get a W.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #217 on: October 06, 2012, 05:00:38 AM »
I am not sure that the next payoff schedule is really fair to the two teams with the best records.   They both play their next two games on the road at the wild card sites.    Washington, in a first to win three games series, has to play their next two games in St Louis?   As a cardinal fan I find this nice......but is that fair?

Zombie Monty

« Reply #218 on: October 06, 2012, 07:27:38 AM »
I am not sure that the next payoff schedule is really fair to the two teams with the best records.   They both play their next two games on the road at the wild card sites.    Washington, in a first to win three games series, has to play their next two games in St Louis?   As a cardinal fan I find this nice......but is that fair?

Don't know why it isn't 2-2-1, but I ain't complaining.  If the O's can take both of their home games, then they only have to win one of three at NY.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #219 on: October 06, 2012, 07:41:23 AM »
I think next year it is 2-2-1, but not this year.   Oh well.

So, since Josh Hamilton is done in Texas, where does he go?   I could not believe the home fans booing and yelling insults at him like that.   Terrible fans.....

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #220 on: October 06, 2012, 07:56:15 AM »
Yeah safe bet with them booing and insulting him he probably won't be back there despite him saying he will give TX the chance to match any offer he gets.  Stupid. I just hope he doesn't relapse because of the stupid fans.

I have no idea where he'll end up.  I assume an AL team so he can eventually DH, but I'm not sure where.  He's going to take a good chunk of dough, so KC, TB, SEA are out.  Maybe Houston will do something crazy and go after him as their way of attempting to "compete" in the AL?

Maybe the Giants to erase the bad taste of Melky & his awesome second career in web design?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #221 on: October 06, 2012, 09:16:49 AM »
If he was smart, he would pick a city with real baseball fans.....and not a lot of easy to get drugs. 

Houston sux so he needs to avoid those bums.    Gonna be hard to find a good match at the money he wants.   The Cards would work but we got enough outfielders and don't spend that much.   If he ends with a west coast big team, might as well get his rehab room ready.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #222 on: October 06, 2012, 09:22:53 AM »
And with all the bars in Boston (and the insane fans) I really don't think he'd be a good fit here.  Same with Anxiety Disorder Greinke.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2012, 09:30:13 AM »
Wonder if the Reds can afford him?

I'm just afraid his agent does not care about his life and just wants the most agent tip.   Speaking of that problem, wonder how Pujols is enjoying his free falls now?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 09:32:47 AM by Bob »

Zombie Monty

« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2012, 05:42:37 PM »
Well it was a great season for the O's.  Looking forward to next year!