Author Topic: Top 50 iRiffs  (Read 99897 times)

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 460
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
Re: Top 50 iRiffs
« Reply #285 on: March 11, 2012, 12:23:21 PM »

And a cooked goose! For Everyone! Ah ha ha!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #286 on: March 11, 2012, 12:37:25 PM »
#8a
Ronin Fox Trax - A Nightmare on Elm Street 3
(Total Points: 74    Number of Lists: 5  Highest Ranking: #1 Anais.whatever)

My favorite of the Nightmare riffs. Well-written and well-performed throughout.

NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET PART III REVIEW – Seven Voyages of Bill Maar…RATED R!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ice on Mars - The Lizzie McGuire Movie
(Total Points: 108    Number of Lists: 6  Highest Ranking: #1 LucasM)

I can't even put into words how awesome and unexpected it is to see this come in at #2. I had it at #2 and seriously considered putting it at #1. Hive fives to everyone who recognized the genius of this riff.  :highfive: Simply awesome. Oh, and I declare this the winner of the Highest Degree of Difficulty Award.

THE LIZZY MCGUIRE MOVIE REVIEW - This Movie Could Really Use a Montage or Two

And the winner...number one with a bullet laserblast to the crotch...is:
Ronin Fox Trax - Masters of the Universe
(Total Points: 112    Number of Lists: 5  Highest Ranking: #1 Artie)

Wow! This is unexpected...but incredibly awesome and very much deserved. Easily my favorite of all the RFT riffs. It was the perfect storm of having the right movie and the right riffers come together for pure comedy gold.

Having written extensively for this riff, imma take a moment to bask in the glory just a little...*bask* *bask* *bask* - DAT BASK!!!

Huge congrats to Ronin, anais, DraCCu, and all the writers.

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE REVIEW - Darth Fabulous!!!

Massive props to DG for driving the bus on this one. You went above and beyond the call of duty throughout the whole process. Awesome job!!!  :clap:
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #287 on: March 11, 2012, 12:43:06 PM »
Just ask DG to send it to you. I'm sure he has it.
Yes, I just got mine back...

1. Quiptracks - Van Helsing.
2. Hor-Riff-ic  Productions - Leprechaun.
3. Riff Raff Theater - Die Hard.
4. Mr. B. Natural - Cat Women of the Moon.
5. Corny Commentaries - The Phantom Empire Chapter 4.
6. Heated Seats Presents - Marked for Death.
7. The Turkey Shoot with Scott Zee - Spooks Run Wild.
8. Ronin Fox Trax - Nightmare on Elm Street 3.
9. J.C. Walsh - Red Riding Hood.
10. Josh Way - Laser Mission.
11. Cinester Theater - Back to the Future

I had thought I had placed the G.I. Joe by OneWallCinema on my list.  I had intended to, but its exclusion was an oversight.  Still, it made the list anyway, so no harm done, right?  Right?  :speechless:

We are revoking your cartoon life insurance policy and sending over a laser rifle.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5919
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2012, 12:46:13 PM »
We are revoking your cartoon life insurance policy and sending over a laser rifle.
Given how effective those proved to be...I don't see the issue.

Offline Scott_Zee

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 68
« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2012, 12:51:56 PM »
Also, also wik..

My congratulations to everyone and all their hard work creating all these great riffs. It's certainly not the easiest gig in the world.  But you kinda feel like you're cleaning up after somebody else's mess so that no others should be offended by it. Or at least not have to smell it so much.

Keep'em coming folks.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2012, 12:54:13 PM »
Also, also wik..

My congratulations to everyone and all their hard work creating all these great riffs. It's certainly not the easiest gig in the world.  But you kinda feel like you're cleaning up after somebody else's mess so that no others should be offended by it. Or at least not have to smell it so much.

Keep'em coming folks.
Yes! That's right. We are the Febreeze of the movie industry.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #291 on: March 11, 2012, 12:55:24 PM »
Oh yeah, da' list.

1. Lady in the Water - AWARD: Best Introductory iRiff for N00bs
2. The Lizzy McGuire Movie - AWARD: Highest Degree of Difficulty
3. Ice Pirates
4. Masters of the Universe
5. Friday the 13th: Part III
6. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
7. BURN-E - AWARD: Most Creative Use of the Medium
8. HULK
9. Gremlins

10. AVP   
11. The Snow Creature   
12. G.I. JOE: The Movie
13. Nightmare on Elm Street Part III
14. FROGS
15. The Happening

16. Lost In Space         
17. Friday the 13th: Part IV

18. Terminator: Salvation
19. Minority Report
20. Halloween III
21. The Last Airbender   
22. Nightmare on Elm Street Part V
23. Halloween II
24. Congo
25. Bunny

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #292 on: March 11, 2012, 12:58:53 PM »
25. Bunny

When I saw that on your list, my first thought was "Oh please God tell me noone riffed The Brown Bunny!"

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2012, 01:03:05 PM »
Also, also wik..

Keep'em coming folks.

Yes! That's right. We are the Febreeze of the movie industry.

"I thought I smelled something down here."

Offline zenmichael

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
    • Holy Nightmare Productions
« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2012, 01:19:21 PM »
Seriously, thanks to everyone who voted for our stuff. I know we haven't come out with anything in quite awhile, and I'm so seriously stoked that people still dig our stuff after such a long hiatus. If anyone's curious, we DO have items in the works, there are just ... many things ... stopping them from getting done. Mostly my own laziness, I freely admit, and the fact that YouTube shut down our page and blah blah blah. I've been doing incredibly geeky book reviews etc. on YouTube under the new name of rolereviewsal so if anyone is like, 'man, *I* want to listen to Michael blather on about geeky subjects for hours and hours,' YOUR MOMENT HAS ARRIVED.

Also, I've been helping out with some QuipTracks stuff on the side. Who could forget all my additions to "Signs"? (read: "bears." Literally the word "bears")

A big thing this list did was make me sad all over again that Ari's not my friend anymore ... but c'est la vie. And we've been raiding even more high schools with promise of drink and stardom if--I mean, uh ... HARVESTING NEW TALENT ... so all should be good in the future!
Michael T Bradley
Ice on Mars

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 759
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #295 on: March 11, 2012, 01:43:14 PM »
For what it's worth, here's mine

1 Jurassic Park, 5th anniversery, Absolutely the Last One Edition, by Quiptracks. Easily one of my all time favorite riffs, by anybody. "You don't see too many three stall unisex bathrooms anymore.", "I'm more upset by the fact that those toilets weren't hooked up to anything." Also, "Bow down before Coragale, God of Boxes!", "May he return us to Sender...
2 Star Trek: The motion Picture, by Ronin Fox (thank you to Anais for recommending this. I forgot how slow this movie was, but the riff is excellent) "Ah, finally, the fanboy equivalent of a Playboy centerfold","With the scaffolding as those annoying staples.", "Spock had more charisma in that episode where he lost his brain.", and "It's impossibe to get lost if you have no idea where you're going."
3 GI Joe, by One Wall Cinema. "THEY SET, THE SNOW, ON FIRE!", and "Keep splicing! We need a tomato that tastes like a cornish game hen!" (Hey, is that a laser gun?)
4 Signs, by Quiptracks "Why can't the nerds get girlfriends?", "Because they never put the high rolls on Charisma. Geeks FTW!"
5 Friday the 13th (the new version), by Hor-RIFF-ic Productions. "Come on stud, I want you to Kum in my Bayah", "Eww.."
6 Van Helsing, by Quiptracks. "Who lights these things.. and why", "Oh it's Ye old missile silo."
7 Red Riding Hood, by JC Walsh. "...where as in Twilight... Billy Burke had a mustashe." Also, "Let me get my hammer, then we'll have three tools."
8 Voyager: Eye of the Neddle, by Quiptracks. "Arms at maximum akimbosity!". Plus: "A Room with a moose!"[/b]
9 Drive Angry (in 2D), by JC Walsh "Did really only one guy have a gun? This is Oklahoma!", and "It's a good thing the Rapture was yesterday." <---- I'm surprised this didn't make it
10 The Forgotten, by Quiptracks
11 Dune, by Ronin Fox
"It's an army of M. Bisons", "OF COURSE! two three four..."
12 The Core, by Quiptracks "Was that a fish?"
13 Lady in the Water, by Quiptracks
14 Equilibrium, by Quiptraks.
"Here's your Melancholy Meal."
15 The last Airbender, by Quiptracks. "They lost him already!?"
16 Voyager: Pilot, by Ice on Mars
17 Dragonball Evolution, by Quiptracks
18 Sky Captain, and the World of Tomorrow, by Quiptracks
19 Godzilla, by QT
20 Hulk, by QT
21 Legend of Chun-Li, by QT
22 GATTACA, by QT
23 Mission Impossible 2, by QT
24 The Happening, by QT

25 Dune, by Spoony

I'd never even heard of Turkey Shoot before this. That's another one I'll have to try. I guess that was the whole point of this list though, to find out what's worth trying.

I wanted to try Masters of the Universe. I bought the track, but I couldn't find a copy of the DVD. I tried downloading it, but it just didn't sync up.

Anyway, this was a fantastic LoC. My favorite to date in fact. Great job Darth Geek!  :clap: :clap: And thank you to the surprisingly high number of people who participated.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 460
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #296 on: March 11, 2012, 01:56:58 PM »
I'd never even heard of Turkey Shoot before this. That's another one I'll have to try. I guess that was the whole point of this list though, to find out what's worth trying.

You know what...I think I might just send out coupons to all the QuipTracks customers to urge everyone to try a group they haven't before. I'll have to check with all of them, but I doubt they'll mind...

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 759
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #297 on: March 11, 2012, 04:46:33 PM »
9 Drive Angry (in 2D), by JC Walsh "Did really only one guy have a gun? This is Oklahoma!"  <---- I'm surprised this didn't make it

"It's a good thing the Rapture was yesterday."

The Accountant (who's awesome BTW), is driving on the wrong side of the road, on a two lane highway... on a BRIDGE. And there is absolutely no one else on the road.

And there was a similar riff earlier "Apparently Colorado is deserted"

Also: "Denny's BACONLOCOST!"

Offline the amazing zero

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #298 on: March 11, 2012, 06:29:32 PM »
just curious.... basically i hope i'm not starting anything buttt. did you llimit your list to stuff you watched or where there other people involved. just curious because i saw a lot of similar types of flix on this list ad thought to myself i saw a lot of good stuff that might been not in your the areas that came up. so I was wandering what was the selection process for your pics. i'm just asking because i am curiouds to know how i can end up on the list next time. I mean i have several iriffs and want to improve my work. now i am rambeling and so I will stop.
i'll survive... even if it kills me... lol

Coragale

« Reply #299 on: March 11, 2012, 09:17:31 PM »
"Bow down before Coragale, God of Boxes!"

My favorite line in that entire track, and I *THINK* it's been there since the old first edition. Hence my name on this and many games.