Author Topic: RiffPlayer and HDMI  (Read 2212 times)

Offline makphisto

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • Is corn a grass?
    • RiffWatchers
RiffPlayer and HDMI
« on: February 25, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »
So in about... an hour... I have some friends coming over to watch The Phantom Menace. Got it all loaded up and everything looks great on my laptop. RiffPlayer works fine, I have audio and video. Brilliant!
Then I stick in my HDMI cable into my laptop and "clone" the screen (so I see it on both my laptop and TV). Everything clones perfectly, I can see the desktop, the Riffplayer, etc. I know the Riff is playing as I can hear audio. However, I have NO video on my TV (but I can see it playing on my laptop).
Any thoughts?

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
Re: RiffPlayer and HDMI
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 01:30:37 PM »
So in about... an hour... I have some friends coming over to watch The Phantom Menace. Got it all loaded up and everything looks great on my laptop. RiffPlayer works fine, I have audio and video. Brilliant!
Then I stick in my HDMI cable into my laptop and "clone" the screen (so I see it on both my laptop and TV). Everything clones perfectly, I can see the desktop, the Riffplayer, etc. I know the Riff is playing as I can hear audio. However, I have NO video on my TV (but I can see it playing on my laptop).
Any thoughts?

that happened to me when i connected my desktop to my TV using a VGA cable.

I wonder what is up.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 249
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 01:33:52 PM »
Hmm, usually it's the other way around. (Not all HDMI cables can transmit audio... or is it the ports? For instance on my Macbook Pro, it will send video without audio... lame.)

I know people have done this successfully in the past, though. Have you tried other methods? What about making the HDMI-connected monitor the primary monitor rather than cloning it? I would play with some of your display settings - it's probably something lame, but it should work, since I'm pretty sure there are others who've done it successfully. (Though, I could be wrong...)

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 02:11:04 PM »
I can only tell you what i did with my VGA cable but I did try that and nothing.  I get the sound through the TV and the window for the Riffplayer is there but the inside of the window in just a completely black screen. It's weird.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline makphisto

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • Is corn a grass?
    • RiffWatchers
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 06:15:03 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I was able to make the HDMI TV a second "monitor" and that made everything peachy. Thanks!

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 249
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 11:07:55 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I was able to make the HDMI TV a second "monitor" and that made everything peachy. Thanks!

Excellent! Enjoy!

Offline pstokely

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »
Do you have the display cloned or do you have it configured as an extended display? My TV Tuner software only allows me to display video on my main display but it will display it on both monitors when cloned