Author Topic: LoC Top 50 iRiffs  (Read 13011 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6297
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
LoC Top 50 iRiffs
« on: January 21, 2012, 03:19:35 PM »
This is a supplementory LoC to the typical Top 50 lists, and won't be counted with them. I haven't set a deadline on this, as I will need to wait till February when I have time to compile them anyway. I will update this post when I decide on a deadline for submissions. Deadline for submissions is midnight (EST) of February 20thWednesday the 22nd, midnight Eastern Standard Time.

The Rules: Any movie, TV or short riff made by non members of Best Brains or thier direct offshoots. No Rifftrax, no Rifftrax Presents, no Cinematic Titanic. The riff does not have to necessarily have been sold on the Rifftrax site as an iRiff. However, it needs to have been sold somewhere.

So, for example, the That Guy With The Glasses riff of Lion King would count, their Rifftrax Presents of Batman Forever does not, and their That Guy Riffs short riffs seen for free on their website also do not count.

Also, I have been told that The Soup, a TV show on E! does some form of riffing, and that will not be included in this, either.

Please PM me with lists, and any questions.

Lists can be 25 submissions, or shorter if you don't have that many.

Also, feel free to submit any side lists as you want. "Worst riffs", "runners up", etc. Be creative.

P.S. Note to previous hosts of LoC, what do you do for lists that have more than 25  on them?

EDIT: You are allowed to vote for ones that you submitted riffs for, but didn't perform on.

EDIT: If you performed only a few lines, say a limit of four, as a cameo in a riff, then you can include that in your list.
I am allowing a supplemantary list of "favorite riffs I've worked on" for iRiffs you had cameos in, if applicable.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:27:03 AM by Darth Geek »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: LoC Top 25 iRiffs
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 04:00:30 PM »
You send the submitter a pm reminding them that only 1-25 count.

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 294
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 05:44:12 PM »
List sent.  I was quite surprised by what ended up at #1 on my list.
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 08:15:13 PM »
Okay, I'll bite.

Like I said in the "Vote for..." thread, mine's gonna be mostly Quiptracks (thank you for introducing me to them BTW), but I'll think of other stuff to fill it up.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 06:11:26 PM »
Here is a list of all (as far as I can tell) of the iRiffs released, as of a few months ago.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=102531&seasonid=87951&lid=7

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 06:17:39 PM »
It is incomplete unfortunately. There are riffs that came out after our G.I. Joe one listed, while ours isn't on there.  But it is a good place to start!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1442
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 07:05:18 PM »
Hmmmm
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 09:00:05 PM »
Hey, I just had a thought. Can somebody here who does photoshop and that type of stuff make me some kind of "Darth Geek Seal of Approval" graphic?
I'm not sure what I want, maybe come up with a few ideas and I'll se what I like.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 01:43:55 AM »
It is incomplete unfortunately. There are riffs that came out after our G.I. Joe one listed, while ours isn't on there.  But it is a good place to start!

Ironically, GI Joe is one of few non-Quiptracks iRiffs I've seen. I can safely say it will be on my list.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 08:51:48 AM »
Well, there are some excellent riffs I'd like to vote for, but I don't think it would be good for me to be a part of the list.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 09:39:59 AM »
Well, there are some excellent riffs I'd like to vote for, but I don't think it would be good for me to be a part of the list.

I don't see why not... >.>

I assume you can't vote for your own material, right?

Also, I don't think we should use the old "shorter lists are worth fewer points" rule since a lot of people haven't seen very many iRiffs. I know you didn't actually put that in the rules; I'm just clarifying.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:47:28 AM by Asbestos Bill »

anais.jude

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 09:43:50 AM »

I don't see why not... >.>

Yea why not? I am voting the riffs I worked on as number 1  ;D

I only worked on, like, 5 iriffs, so that is 20 non-Anais iRiffs to add to my list :)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 11:52:49 AM »
Okay, I added a rule in my original post. You are allowed to list iRiffs that you submitted riffs for, but not ones that you actively performed on. How about that? I certainly don't want to stop anyone from submitting a list, however long or short. I just don't want gratuitous self promotion.

Also, when I am done compiling the lists and find the winners, I plan on contacting the iRiffers to find out information about it, including submitors.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 11:55:08 AM »
Yeah, ok. I was underestimating how many members here were part of a riff. If you didn't let riffers submit a list, almost nobody could.

I'm in, then. I'll need to check out some new riffs real quick so as to make a more informed list.

Okay, I added a rule in my original post. You are allowed to list iRiffs that you submitted riffs for, but not ones that you actively performed on.
Good. I can include Speed, then.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 12:45:38 PM »
I would like to clarify the performing rule if that's ok. Special guests who only provide a few lines (not main or co-riffers): should they be able to vote for a riff they have spoken lines in? (we had a bunch of guests on GI Joe who briefly appeared and were quickly killed off*.

*No actual people were harmed too severely in the making of that riff.