Author Topic: RiffTrax Presents "Sherlock Holmes" Featuring Matthew J. Elliott Now Available!  (Read 6703 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax-presents/sherlock-holmes

The English—inventors of the internet and the language you're reading right now. But what have they ever done for us?

Well, stretching a point, there's the famous English detective Sherlock Holmes (who was created by a Scotsman, but what the hell). Holmes has been depicted onscreen more times than any other fictional character, with the possible exception of the Wilhelm Scream Guy. For a hundred years, filmmakers have taken a reverential approach to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's beloved creation. Welcome to the 21st Century.

Join Sherlockian Film Expert* Matthew J. Elliott as he guides you through Guy Ritchie's epic without the aid of a magnifying glass. This commentary is also available in 2-D for those who get a headache wearing the special glasses.

*Yes, really. Who knew there was such a thing? Or that “Sherlockian” was a word?

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax-presents/sherlock-holmes
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Exciting! Now to wait for the disc from Netflix.

I really like this movie and am excited for the riff.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline kjpod

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 4
  • The "It's" man vs. his mortal enemy the "Its" man
Well the opening joke has aged about as well as the corpse of its subject (that whole business at Penn St probably not helping), and then we appeared to be exploring the question, "what if original Disembaudio sang ALL the time?"

But then came the callback to the Grasses short and all was forgiven.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
"Hey Jude."  Oh Lord! ::) 
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline matthew j elliott

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 30
  • England - It's Totally a Place.
    • RiffTrax Profile
May I take this opportunity to wish everyone on this forum a very merry Christmas.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
Merry Christmas to you, Matthew.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
Merry Christmas Matthew J. Elliot.  Thanks for a great riff of this movie.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
I have to say the line about Beethoven was my favourite thing I have ever heard, period.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • RiffTrax Profile
A Happy New Year to everyone, and just a quick plug for my new book, Sherlock Holmes on the Air...

http://www.amazon.com/Sherlock-Holmes-Air-Matthew-Elliott/dp/1780921039/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325541093&sr=8-1

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
Loved it this riff... I think this is my favorite RiffTrax Presents of Matthews so far. I got many of chuckle out of the one liners. And secret be told, one of my guilty pleasures is that I actually like this movie. So having the Riffing commentary along side it was a bonus.

Offline Prince of Space 5049

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
  • Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha
Thank you MJE for another fantastic offering!

I have a few questions, if they have already been posted I appologize.

1) Do you do all the writing yourself?  I think you have fantastic wit and timming.

2) Why haven't you worked with Mike, Kevin, or Bill?  I think you riffing is tailor made to bounce off of, or have back and forth with another riffer.

Very funny stuff.  Keep 'em comming.
[

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
I know I'm in the wrong area of the forum for this, but since this thread is active:

Just showed Janelle (my lady friend) and her brother the Dark Water riff (we're in a chronological riff marathon), and they both really enjoyed your style... which made me happy.

The brother's words:  "This movie is horrible... but the commentary is hillarious! I'm loving this guy!"

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • RiffTrax Profile

1) Do you do all the writing yourself?  I think you have fantastic wit and timming.

2) Why haven't you worked with Mike, Kevin, or Bill?  I think you riffing is tailor made to bounce off of, or have back and forth with another riffer.

My liege

Thanks so much for the kind words - I had to check to make sure I hadn't written it under an alias. Again.

To answer your questions:

1) Yes, I do all the writing alone, with the exception of Armageddon, which was nearly three damn hours long. Working solo is one of the reasons I don't get to record as many riffs as I'd like - my other writing commitments take up a lot of my time (and yes, I did have to check my DVD of The Commitments to be sure there was only one "T" in it. 

2) That's something you'll have to ask Mike, Kevin and Bill. They're my heroes, and of course I'd love to riff with them on something, but I have no idea what financial outlay or technical preparation that would require at the US end of operations. Maybe if you wrote your congressman...

Offline Prince of Space 5049

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
  • Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha

My liege

Thanks so much for the kind words - I had to check to make sure I hadn't written it under an alias. Again.

To answer your questions:

1) Yes, I do all the writing alone, with the exception of Armageddon, which was nearly three damn hours long. Working solo is one of the reasons I don't get to record as many riffs as I'd like - my other writing commitments take up a lot of my time (and yes, I did have to check my DVD of The Commitments to be sure there was only one "T" in it. 

2) That's something you'll have to ask Mike, Kevin and Bill. They're my heroes, and of course I'd love to riff with them on something, but I have no idea what financial outlay or technical preparation that would require at the US end of operations. Maybe if you wrote your congressman...

Composing letter to said Congressperson..........................
[

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • RiffTrax Profile
2012, by the way, will be my fifth year with RiffTrax Presents. I'm not saying I want anyone to organize a street party or a parade... not a big one, anyway. Do it if you must, but don't embarass yourselves.