Author Topic: Sad news: There will be a Transformers 4  (Read 29984 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Sad news: There will be a Transformers 4
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2011, 09:17:39 PM »
I seem to remember an interview where Bay said he'd never do Grimlock.  Have to admit some enjoyable curiosity at how Bay would do Unicron.
it is butchering a beloved childhood cartoon

Those faces are fucking creepy as shit.
COMPLETELY agree! Absolutely unapealing. Just really shitty artwork.

shodan

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
I seem to remember an interview where Bay said he'd never do Grimlock.  Have to admit some enjoyable curiosity at how Bay would do Unicron.

i concur, i have no idea why anybody likes my little pony today.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2011, 09:58:31 PM »

Darth, this has been explained to you before. These are rage comics. It's an internet meme. They're supposed to look simple and crude, or as you put it, shitty. It's not about the quality of the artwork; it's about the familiarity of the expressions.

If you're interested in learning more about it, you can check this out.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

shodan

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2011, 10:00:26 PM »

Darth, this has been explained to you before. These are rage comics. It's an internet meme. They're supposed to look simple and crude, or as you put it, shitty. It's not about the quality of the artwork; it's about the familiarity of the expressions.

If you're interested in learning more about it, you can check this out.
meme? was ist meme?

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2011, 10:29:28 PM »
All I know is memes sure can has cheeseburgers.

Danecho1967

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2011, 09:25:37 AM »
You have to love the internet.  Sure, it looks like half assed shit thrown together by a talentless hack.  It's supposed to look like half assed shit thrown together by a talentless hack.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2011, 09:27:22 AM »
You have to love the internet Transformers movies.  Sure, it looks like half assed shit thrown together by a talentless hack.  It's supposed to look like half assed shit thrown together by a talentless hack.

Dovetails nicely back to the thread subject!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2011, 09:40:00 AM »
You have to love the internet Transformers movies.  Sure, it looks like half assed shit thrown together by a talentless hack.  It's supposed to look like half assed shit thrown together by a talentless hack.

Dovetails nicely back to the thread subject!
:D But Michael Bay used his whole ass.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2011, 10:05:55 AM »
You have to love the internet.  Sure, it looks like half assed shit thrown together by a talentless hack.  It's supposed to look like half assed shit thrown together by a talentless hack.

VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Russell

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2011, 06:18:43 PM »
I'm wondering when I'm going to grow up and not give a shit about any of the things I liked as a child. It's only a matter of time. :(

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2011, 10:19:28 AM »
I just watched a few episodes of the original Transformers.  And I was wondering: the original cartoon is less stupid than the Michael Bay movies how, exactly?

Just to pick one example: the introduction of the dinobots.

Basically what happens is the autobots discover some dinosaur bones around the Ark, and because they've never seen dinosaurs before, they ask Spike to explain them.  So Spike takes the Jeep guy to a museum where Jeep guy takes out a device that to all appearances is a gun, and takes holographic pictures of the dinosaur exhibit, and no one even thinks to stop him at any point.  Then back at the Ark, Spike gives a grade-school explanation of dinosaurs that contained information that I think even at the time the episode was made was laughably outdated.  Because of Spike's description of how powerful the dinosaurs were (I believe his exact words were "the dinosaurs were powerful"), the medic autobot and one of the other ones decide that they should have some dinosaurs, you know, to do manual labor and such.  So they ask Optimus's permission, and Optimus basically says "I can't think of any reason that building robots based on creatures we've only just found out exist and know practically nothing about would be a bad idea.  Go ahead."

Unfortunately, since Jurassic Park would not come out for several years, the autobots didn't realize that recreating dinosaurs would inevitably result in the dinosaurs turning on their creators and wreaking havoc, which they do almost immediately.  So Optimus orders the dinobots to be deactivated, sealed in a cave, and never reactivated.  But then Optimus and the autobots are caught in a trap by the decepticons, and so they have to, surprise surprise, reactivate the dinobots to save them.  Only they're given just enough of a memory upgrade that they'll know not to attack the autobots and speak in sentence fragments.

Yeah, that's MUCH better than any of the live-action movies.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2011, 01:58:09 PM »
I just watched a few episodes of the original Transformers.  And I was wondering: the original cartoon is less stupid than the Michael Bay movies how, exactly?
Well, I notice several things. First, there is no mention of Spike (ie. Sam) stammering like a coked up baboon. No mention of humping dogs, racist robot stereotypes who can't read, or unfunny slapstick (although I don't deny there may have been ufunny slapstick in the cartoon, and some of the characters were stereotypes). I particularly notice that you mention that Spike is actually useful in some way towards the plot. Also, unless this is a multi-episode story, IT ONLY TOOK ~25 MINUTES! The robot were distinguishable from each other, and when they actually do fight, you can tell what they are doing (whether you care, or it makes sense, is debatable).

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 739
  • Sort this; deliver that; I'll make 'em all pay.
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2011, 03:10:51 PM »
Wait, no humping dogs in the cartoon?  I'm out.
\()/ 3~ \()/

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2011, 06:38:35 PM »
Well, I notice several things. First, there is no mention of Spike (ie. Sam) stammering like a coked up baboon. No mention of humping dogs, racist robot stereotypes who can't read, or unfunny slapstick (although I don't deny there may have been ufunny slapstick in the cartoon, and some of the characters were stereotypes). I particularly notice that you mention that Spike is actually useful in some way towards the plot. Also, unless this is a multi-episode story, IT ONLY TOOK ~25 MINUTES! The robot were distinguishable from each other, and when they actually do fight, you can tell what they are doing (whether you care, or it makes sense, is debatable).

The robots were distinguishable from each other only in the sense that they looked slightly different and they had different voices.  Otherwise they were totally interchangable.  The only ones with anything resembling a personality were Optimus, Bumblebee, Starscream, and Megatron.  And Spike doesn't have a personality at all.  I would welcome a stammer or even an accent, or something that even vaguely resembles characterization. 
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2012, 07:02:58 PM »
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/