Author Topic: New Short "Beginning Responsibility: Broken Bookshop" Now Available!!!  (Read 4640 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 627
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/beginning-responsibility-broken-bookshop

Every community needs a Broken Bookshop. You’ll find it in town square, over by the Moth-Ridden Mattress Hut, just around the corner from Shaky Sam’s Shattered Stemware Emporium. Because it’s not enough to buy a used book, what you really want is a book that’s been abused, stained, made damp, shredded, and then painstakingly reconstructed into something you would still rather not touch, let alone buy. That’s the sound business model featured in our new short, Beginning Responsibility: Broken Bookshop. It focuses on the sweet old man who owns the shop and happens to secretly BELIEVE THAT BOOKS TALK TO HIM. His delusional senility may seem folksy and charming, until he brings an innocent boy into his world of pointless book repair. When he aggressively insists to young Andy “My books talk to me, and maybe they’ll talk to you too!” you know that this shop deals not only in broken books, but also broken hopes and dreams for the future.

At first glance we thought this short was a documentary on Borders, then we realized the title says “Broken,” not “Broke.” Join Mike, Kevin and Bill as they take a brief rest from their busy book-destroying schedule to riff Beginning Responsibility: Broken Bookshop!

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/beginning-responsibility-broken-bookshop
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3654
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: New Short "Beginning Responsibility: Broken Bookshop" Now Available!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 04:09:48 AM »
This wraps up my Volume 20 shorts disc just before my trip to Mexico :o
Thanks for that Thrash! :highfive:

Offline Chimental

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:37:12 AM »
Anyone else think Mr. Chewed Up Paperback was on his way straight to the furnace? What was creepy book man gonna do, graft new paper onto him?

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 646
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »
Yeah, where does he get all the printing that's outright missing? Cut it out of another copy of the same book?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5534
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 07:55:55 PM »
Yeah, where does he get all the printing that's outright missing? Cut it out of another copy of the same book?
Not to mention, what exactly is the point of fixing books that are MASS PRODUCED! it's not like any of the books he had that were talking to him were old or rare or irreplaceable or anything.

I also thought it was funny the fact that the books talk to the old guy is some major secret that he had to be wary of telling the little kid (in front of witnesses, though). Yet nobody bats an eye when the book MOVE in front of people! Specifically the little kid who poured jam on the book, and the book was struggling in front of him.

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 05:06:18 PM »
Not to mention, what exactly is the point of fixing books that are MASS PRODUCED! it's not like any of the books he had that were talking to him were old or rare or irreplaceable or anything.

I also thought it was funny the fact that the books talk to the old guy is some major secret that he had to be wary of telling the little kid (in front of witnesses, though). Yet nobody bats an eye when the book MOVE in front of people! Specifically the little kid who poured jam on the book, and the book was struggling in front of him.

Yeah,good night!  I am pretty sure those moving books are going to be in my nightmares from now on.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline MST3Kgirl

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 3
what was up with the creepy girl in the background at the end??

Offline screamingskull47

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3
what was up with the creepy girl in the background at the end??

The Broken Bookshop Owner's girlfriend.  She came into the shop with chew marks and covered in jam.  After that is was love.

Jeff