Author Topic: Top 50 Deaths! (Entire thread has been marked NSFW)  (Read 49264 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4928
Re: Top 50 Deaths! (Entire thread has been marked NSFW)
« Reply #225 on: October 30, 2011, 06:52:07 PM »
also i'm the only person i know who laughs at the exorcist.

;D  Well, now you know someone else!

When it first came out I went to it alone, and I had smoked a joint on the drive there.  When Linda Blair's head started to rotate, the rest of the theater was gasping, and I burst out laughing.  A good 1/3-1/2 of the theater turned to see who the sociopath was.  ::)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5879
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #226 on: October 30, 2011, 06:59:57 PM »
9 Vizzinni –  The Princess Bride (1987) – 64 points
(4 of 14 lists. (Highest ranking - #3 Cole Stratton)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_eZmEiyTo0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/U_eZmEiyTo0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
Almost made my list.  Very funny scene, but I didn't put it on because... I dunno, it lacked something that the others didn't.  Plus it got in a fight with the death of Christopher Guest's character and somehow neither made it.

Russell

« Reply #227 on: October 30, 2011, 07:06:45 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VclFEwUGdY0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VclFEwUGdY0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
(FYI: Super NSFW)
Well isn't this nice? A scene from Robocop, that's--OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT WAS DISGUSTING!!!! BLAAAHHHH!!!!! *curls up into a ball and rocks back and forth* this is not happening... this is not happening... this is not happening... ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:11:44 PM by Gunflyer »

shodan

« Reply #228 on: October 30, 2011, 07:18:38 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VclFEwUGdY0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VclFEwUGdY0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
(FYI: Super NSFW)
Well isn't this nice? A scene from Robocop, that's--OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT WAS DISGUSTING!!!! BLAAAHHHH!!!!! *curls up into a ball and rocks back and forth* this is not happening... this is not happening... this is not happening... ;D
red got weird after eric left.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #229 on: October 30, 2011, 07:40:04 PM »
I wonder how they dealt with the HORRIFICLY GRAPHIC AND VIOLENT MURDER of Alex Murphy for the childerens cartoon version of Robocop?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #230 on: October 30, 2011, 07:43:54 PM »
I just like to think they cut to the movie and then went back to the show.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6257
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #231 on: October 30, 2011, 08:43:58 PM »
8 Roy Batty  –  Blade Runner (1982) – 64 points
(3 of 14 lists. (Highest ranking - #1 Darth Geek)
Uh, no, not me. I didn't have that on my list at all (I don't even like this movie).

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #232 on: October 30, 2011, 09:18:20 PM »
(3 of 14 lists. (Highest ranking - #1 Darth Geek)
Uh, no, not me. I didn't have that on my list at all (I don't even like this movie).

YOU VOTED FOR ROY BATTY. YOU LOVE BLADE RUNNER.

I had Batty at #9. What a moment!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Watchman

« Reply #233 on: October 30, 2011, 10:33:46 PM »
Tsathoggua!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also i'm the only person i know who laughs at the exorcist.

;D  Well, now you know someone else!

I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT!!!

Watchman

« Reply #234 on: October 30, 2011, 11:32:24 PM »
Is it okay to be sincere in these threads? I'm not sure whether or not I should volunteer the info that this scene has made me tear up many times.

And, Anais, thank you for not taking the clip from the '82 theatrical cut! Just at the height of this powerful, moving scene, Ford's narration comes in & kills it flat. The studios couldn't trust audiences to understand that Deckard was contemplating what just happened, so they forced him to add some boneheaded narration stating the obvious. "And that's when I understood..."

Sad Factor: High. Much like my opinion of HAL (of which Compound’s write up was great, but I stand by my view) Roy was a machine that got feelings.

Don't think me nitpicky, but Roy & his gang were replicants, not machines. The difference being, as I understand it, replicants are organic beings, not mechanical or A.I.. They were built, "but not to last". Before Roy crushes his skull, his maker Tyrell refers to him as a "prodigal son" and describes his strength & lifespan with: "The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long."

Basically they're built to be disposable ubermenches for various forms of slave labor. Roy's story, before Deckard butts in, is that of a man who seeks to meet his maker, and when he finally comes to the truth that his life can't be prolonged, kills his maker. The big difference between the '91 director's cut & the 2006 version is that Tyrell's changed metaphorically from a Creator to a father figure. Personally, I think there's more resonance in the idea of killing your god, but when there's multiple versions of a film we tend to stick with the version we grew up watching. One major line change as Roy's confronting Tyrell:

1991 cut: "I want more life, fucker."
2006 cut: "I want more life, father."

I neglected to put Tyrell's death on my list, but it gives me goosebumps every time.

TYRELL: "Go, revel in your time!"
ROY: "Nothing the god of biomechanics won't let you in heaven for?"

And Roy proceeds, violently & movingly, to revel in his time.

Hope you don't mind me making serious points about Blade Runner. I've been on a run of too many cheap bad jokes lately.

One thing that def happens when you give robots feelings…they want to LIVE!!!!!!!!!

Please don't tell me that last line is alluding to Michael Clarke Duncan in The Island! "The island, *SOB* YOU PROMISED!!! *SOB* IWannaLive!!!*SOB DROOL*"

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 164
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #235 on: October 31, 2011, 03:03:21 AM »
Speaking of Rutger being awesome in Blade Runner, a reminder to anyone who hasn't seen Hobo With A Shotgun, check it out! So freakin' excellent.

Very groovy list so far, I didn't submit one missed it, but I'm digging it. Ha and "Pudface" is truly a great name for an action figure.

shodan

« Reply #236 on: October 31, 2011, 03:11:05 AM »
Speaking of Rutger being awesome in Blade Runner, a reminder to anyone who hasn't seen Hobo With A Shotgun, check it out! So freakin' excellent.

Very groovy list so far, I didn't submit one missed it, but I'm digging it. Ha and "Pudface" is truly a great name for an action figure.
machete was good, didn't know they made hobo with a shotgun. gonna watch it now.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #237 on: October 31, 2011, 06:27:42 AM »
They're not robots in Blade Runner.

Which reminds me, if I were Deckard, when I met Roy Batty I'd like to have said "Don't be a replicant, be a replican!"  I would then be killed.  Still: WORTH IT!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1384
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #238 on: October 31, 2011, 10:12:21 AM »
I can't think of an instance in which someone's brains are accidentally blown out all over the rear windshield of a car would ever be funny.

Fair enough, I can't think how it couldn't be.  Takes all sorts.

Also, if I'd remembered to vote I'd have voted for Batty
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

anais.jude

« Reply #239 on: October 31, 2011, 04:20:51 PM »
6 Carl Showalter  –  Fargo (1996) – 67 points
(6 of 14 lists. (Highest ranking - #6 CJ Jones)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8qWFhDvURLg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8qWFhDvURLg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Director: Joel Cohen
Starring: Francis Mcdormand, the male half of Filliam H. Muffman, and Steve Buscemi (currently featured in the wood chipper)
Gore Factor: Believe it or not, disposing of a body in a wood chipper is pretty gory
Sad Factor: Minimal….come on, he was a bad guy. It’s not like when Walter died in The Big Lebowski
Wow/Kickass Factor: SUPER SUPER HIGH. (I told you guys).

Synopsis:

All Carl Showalter wanted was to kidnap some bitch, get some money, and bone some bitches. It was going pretty well for the majority of the film until that damn nihilist decided to kill Carl and shove him in a wood chipper. Don’t worry, he got what was coming to him and Steve Buscemi got to go down in movie history