login

Author Topic: Top 50 Deaths! (Entire thread has been marked NSFW)  (Read 50485 times)

spaceforarent

Re: Top 50 Deaths! (Entire thread has been marked NSFW)
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2011, 04:04:04 PM »
Enough talk, on with the death!

anais.jude

« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2011, 04:04:32 PM »

Jeez, some of us have places to be

Television counts as a place, right?

spaceforarent

« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »

Only in America.

I was just hoping to see some more entries before I had to sleep. Oh well, it'll be something to wake up to then.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1096
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2011, 04:19:14 PM »
I don't remember where I was when I saw Pulp Fiction, presumably some British analogue of Im since I'm two weeks older than him, I just remember thinking it was hacknyed crap. :)

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I missed it in the theater, but when it came out on VHS, there was actually a waiting list to rent it. I eventually got a copy of the movie everyone was raving about, watched about 20-30 minutes of it, and returned it.

10 or so years later I re-rented it and watched the whole thing. Yep, still crap, but at least I can say that I've seen it, and get references to it.

anais.jude

« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2011, 04:43:15 PM »

Only in America.

I was just hoping to see some more entries before I had to sleep. Oh well, it'll be something to wake up to then.

When are you going bed, I am about to post. Well in about 10 min

anais.jude

« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2011, 04:51:41 PM »
38. Dude Get his Heart Ripped Out (aka The Final Sacrifice) - Raiders of the Lost Ark (1984) - 38 points
(2 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #4 Doctor Who?)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBIdcUxdgo0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KBIdcUxdgo0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Director: I have run out of funny names for him already
Starring: Some pot smoking hippie and Short Round
Gore Factor: Mid – I would say high, but there wasn’t enough blood squirting out of the still beating heart
Sad Factor: Minimal (who was that dude and why should I care about him…The death of Kate Capshaw’s character….still would not be sad)
Wow/Kickass Factor: He RIPS out a dude’s FUCKING HEART….yea, that was pretty kick ass

Synopsis:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Up until 2008, this film was highly considered to be the worst Indiana Jones film, but what did this movie have? It had a dude’s heart getting ripped out while it was still beating.

How did this movie come to be? Perhaps this transcript will help.

Steven Spielberg: I want a movie where this hot actress I have a crush on can be the love interest and a dude gets his heart ripped out
Producer: Harrison Ford ran out of pot, he could use a new gig
Steven Spielberg: A sequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark it is!

anais.jude

« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2011, 04:52:12 PM »

37. Maggie – Million Dollar Baby (2004) - 39 points
(2 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #6 A Pretty Girl is Like)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/o4SUU7XoRl8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/o4SUU7XoRl8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Director: Clint Eastwood (you wouldn’t think this, of all the death’s he has been a part of to make the list, but the world is full of surprises)
Starring: Morgan Freeman, Clint Eastwood, and….ugh do I have to say it? Fine…Hilary Swank
Gore Factor: Minimal
Sad Factor: High. I have never seen Million Dollar Baby, but my brother told me what happened. It was a sad and beautiful moment in a film I am quite positive I should watch but the fact that Annette Benning lost the Oscar to Hilary Swank for the SECOND time makes me really angry.
Wow/Kickass Factor: I am not sure how to rank this one. On the one hand this scene represents the kind of issues that even South Park won’t touch with a 20 foot pole and it was made in such a way that the audience is content and satisfied. On the other hand, Clint DIDN’T ripe her still beating heart out….ya know what I’m saying

Synopsis:

Maggie always wanted to be a boxer…..like Rocky, not like a dog or anything (although that would make for a great family comedy from Disney coming just in time for the Holidays). She trained and trained and trained and got to listen to Morgan Freeman’s awesome voice while she did. Then she got paralyzed in a SUPER fucked up way (it seems that your manage would be smart enough NOT to leave furniture lying around a boxing ring). Now paralyzed, her manager is faced with one of the hardest decision anyone will ever have to make.

And then he won lots of awards, so it turned out ok in the end

anais.jude

« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2011, 04:52:44 PM »
36 Bill – Kill Bill Vol 2 (2004) - 39 points
(3 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #4 Shodan)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kf0D_X7uFE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2kf0D_X7uFE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Director: Quentin Tarantino
Starring: Uma Thurman and David Carradine
Gore Factor: Minimal (as opposed to the other deaths)
Sad Factor: High….although that just might be me personally because HE WAS DEAD IN FUCKING SECONDS….maybe I should say “Anais’s annoyance factor”
Wow/Kickass Factor: High. Although the death happens rather quickly (in my opinion) the build up to the death and the fact that Beatrice (aka The Bride) got to use something Bill could only dream of mastering was pretty satisfying

Synopsis:

*Note: Read the following scene like when Mike and the Bots did their intro to “Where of Werewolf” (in other words like they are about to burst into a 50s girl group song)

Quentin: Hey Uma, what’s the matter?
Uma: Oh nothing, I guess
Quentin: Come on Uma, you can tell me
Uma: Well girls, ok it’s like this.

*Music plays*
My stupid no talent hack of a husband cheated on me, ME! Fucking gorgeous Uma Thurman and now I want to kick some major ass, but all the parts I’m getting just want me to be a big blonde bimbo

Quentin: Well Uma, what you said really didn’t go with the music that was playing, but I can write a movie where you can completely destroy a handful of people

anais.jude

« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2011, 04:55:08 PM »
I have to head out, but I plan to do 2-3 more when I get home tonight :)

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2011, 05:37:01 PM »
Finally one of mine makes the list! I forget where I had Maggie from Million Dollar Baby but so far she's the only one. The Indiana Jones one was great, though. I thought about putting that on my list but then just didn't.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Watchman

« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2011, 08:21:41 PM »
38. Dude Get his Heart Ripped Out (aka The Final Sacrifice) - Raiders of the Lost Ark (1984) - 38 points
(2 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #4 Doctor Who?)

Not Raiders, but Temple of Doom.

Well, even if the title's wrong, 1984 is the year of this film.  ;)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2011, 08:37:53 PM »
I can only hope if doctor who had his way, I would make the list.

sorry for bringing him up again.  I'll leave now.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

shodan

« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2011, 08:52:26 PM »

you know what to do in the corner.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1007
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2011, 08:54:04 PM »

you know what to do in the corner.

This?

shodan

« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2011, 08:55:07 PM »
no it involves wolves.