login

Author Topic: Star Trek 2009 sucks!  (Read 23806 times)

anais.jude

Re: Star Trek 2009 sucks!
« Reply #240 on: October 14, 2011, 09:29:18 AM »
Gunflyer, I hear what you are saying and I understand where you are coming from. I hope you continue to respect Dr. Who and I hope you try to reach out to him and if you want backup then I will reach out to him with you.

Me? I will continue to be rational with him expect when I talk about my drinking (which is just a veiled cry for help for my alcoholism which no one seems to care about  :'()

Just kidding, my alcoholism is not veiled

Russell

« Reply #241 on: October 14, 2011, 09:31:18 AM »
Gunflyer, I hear what you are saying and I understand where you are coming from. I hope you continue to respect Dr. Who and I hope you try to reach out to him and if you want backup then I will reach out to him with you.
Me? I will continue to be rational with him expect when I talk about my drinking (which is just a veiled cry for help for my alcoholism which no one seems to care about  :'()
If you ever want to talk, I'm here for you too. :)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2011, 10:15:43 AM »
Via E-Mail or private message?  No.  But we have tried reasoning with the man.  I once very politely told him that his frequent outbursts seemed like someone who needed mental help, and provided links to several social services that could help him free of charge. 
How would you feel Thrifty if somebody sent you links like that? It also strikes me that there's not really any
polite way of telling anybody they need mental help. I guess the best thing to say would be we're here for you,
I don't know, I'm not an expert and I admit I'm not privy to everything that went on before.

You can check out the post where I did it here, or read the whole thread in context here and note how we started trying to be polite, but he very quickly jumped off the rails.

Or cruise through the Brand Spanking New Political Thread or The Economic Downturn thread, and get some context, then come back and judge us.  As D. B. Barnes said, "The sympathetic, reasonable, patience train left the station a long, long time ago."

It's a lot like what the justice system does with people arrested on drug offenses.  They will try to show leniency and put them in drug treatment programs instead of jail, even going so far as to withhold putting a felony conviction on their records.  Except that the offenders are often known to skip out on the drug treatment programs multiple times.  After being given a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th chance, the judges eventually run out of patience and impose the stiffer penalties.

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 739
  • Sort this; deliver that; I'll make 'em all pay.
« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2011, 10:36:20 AM »

I'll reach-around to you if you need that, Anais.
\()/ 3~ \()/

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #244 on: October 14, 2011, 10:36:40 AM »
Gunflyer, I want you to stop thinking about poor Doctor Who? and the people who provoke him without cause for a moment and read this:

Also yeah many people believe that knowledge = intelligence.  They are wrong.  
Be that as it may....
intelligence, knowledge, wisdom  and reason form the foundation of most thought and are interrelated in many ways but they are separate entities and the presence of one does not necessitate the presence of the other, though sometimes one is found through one or more of the other

Stop tossing your big words around, because you still sound like a moron. You are congratulating yourself for being smart in spite of your poor command of the English language, and you are ignoring the fact that other people view your claims of intelligence with skepticism because of your poor command of the English language. You are missing the entire point of communication -- if you cannot communicate properly, your words are likely to fall on deaf ears. And at that point, who cares how smart you are?

At this point I'm done. If you want to continue to write illegibly in a medium in which the entire point is to make yourself understood, then have at it.

So the first time you misspell something or use bad gamer are you going to live up to the standard you have set for the rest of the world?  Will you declare yourself a worthless moron and kill yourself because you are too stupid to live and the world would be better off with out you? People like you should be forced by law to live to the standards they set for others. If I ran things the first time you misspelled something you would be taken out and shot. You have said that people that make spelling mistakes are stupid and have no right to live,I say that same standard should apply to you.

That's the GRAMMAR who cares thread. HE was the one who jumped in here. Before this post Doctor Who? had contributed nothing to the conversation, nor was he mentioned prior to this post. I called sarcasm a moron but there's a big difference between that and "kill yourself", "the world would be better off without you" and "you should be taken out and shot." Besides, sarcasm's a big boy, I'm sure he's been called worse by more intelligent people than me. Had someone said, "Yeah, that Doctor Who?, he's a real dumbass who likes to bone farm animals and ritually sacrifice kittens to Baal, then maybe he could have responded with that sort of vitriol, but my comment wasn't even directed at him. Can you see why dealing with him, "Aspbergers Syndrome" or no, is an exercise in utter frustration and futility?

Whatever he claims has been done to him on this forum, he's done to himself. I am willing to bet that most of us here are not practiced therapists, nor are we members of Doctor Who?'s family. Why should we have to deal with this? He does nothing to add to the conversation and instead fills it up with hate speech, bigotry and willful ignorance. He makes posts claiming that he's had it with this place and Rifftrax will never see another cent of his money, and then he's back for round one billion the next day. He bemoans his lack of employment and money while at the same time making posts about which console should he buy, the xbox or the PS3. It's ridiculous, and frankly it's enough already.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2011, 10:41:01 AM »
Gunflyer, I want you to stop thinking about poor Doctor Who? and the people who provoke him without cause for a moment and read this:

Also yeah many people believe that knowledge = intelligence.  They are wrong.  
Be that as it may....
intelligence, knowledge, wisdom  and reason form the foundation of most thought and are interrelated in many ways but they are separate entities and the presence of one does not necessitate the presence of the other, though sometimes one is found through one or more of the other

Stop tossing your big words around, because you still sound like a moron. You are congratulating yourself for being smart in spite of your poor command of the English language, and you are ignoring the fact that other people view your claims of intelligence with skepticism because of your poor command of the English language. You are missing the entire point of communication -- if you cannot communicate properly, your words are likely to fall on deaf ears. And at that point, who cares how smart you are?

At this point I'm done. If you want to continue to write illegibly in a medium in which the entire point is to make yourself understood, then have at it.

So the first time you misspell something or use bad gamer are you going to live up to the standard you have set for the rest of the world?  Will you declare yourself a worthless moron and kill yourself because you are too stupid to live and the world would be better off with out you? People like you should be forced by law to live to the standards they set for others. If I ran things the first time you misspelled something you would be taken out and shot. You have said that people that make spelling mistakes are stupid and have no right to live,I say that same standard should apply to you.

That's the GRAMMAR who cares thread. HE was the one who jumped in here. Before this post Doctor Who? had contributed nothing to the conversation, nor was he mentioned prior to this post. I called sarcasm a moron but there's a big difference between that and "kill yourself", "the world would be better off without you" and "you should be taken out and shot." Besides, sarcasm's a big boy, I'm sure he's been called worse by more intelligent people than me. Had someone said, "Yeah, that Doctor Who?, he's a real dumbass who likes to bone farm animals and ritually sacrifice kittens to Baal, then maybe he could have responded with that sort of vitriol, but my comment wasn't even directed at him. Can you see why dealing with him, "Aspbergers Syndrome" or no, is an exercise in utter frustration and futility?

Whatever he claims has been done to him on this forum, he's done to himself. I am willing to bet that most of us here are not practiced therapists, nor are we members of Doctor Who?'s family. Why should we have to deal with this? He does nothing to add to the conversation and instead fills it up with hate speech, bigotry and willful ignorance. He makes posts claiming that he's had it with this place and Rifftrax will never see another cent of his money, and then he's back for round one billion the next day. He bemoans his lack of employment and money while at the same time making posts about which console should he buy, the xbox or the PS3. It's ridiculous, and frankly it's enough already.

VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

anais.jude

« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2011, 11:46:40 AM »
Also, go to the RARGH thread and the Economic Downturn thread and see the reactions us forum members have to his current economic news. We may mock him because we are tired, but we do still care. Why? because despite it all, he is one of us!  :highfive:

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2011, 11:58:34 AM »
Also, go to the RARGH thread and the Economic Downturn thread and see the reactions us forum members have to his current economic news. We may mock him because we are tired, but we do still care. Why? because despite it all, he is one of us!  :highfive:

I completely disagree with this statement. Don't include me in this broad assessment.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2011, 12:04:08 PM »
I completely disagree that wurwolf disagrees.   I aim to prove it too.  I will begin typing my manifesto. 

anais.jude

« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2011, 12:18:47 PM »
Also, go to the RARGH thread and the Economic Downturn thread and see the reactions us forum members have to his current economic news. We may mock him because we are tired, but we some of us do still care. Why? because despite it all, he is one of us!  :highfive:

I completely disagree with this statement. Don't include me in this broad assessment.

My apologies. Is this better?

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #250 on: October 14, 2011, 12:28:41 PM »
wtf is this shit?

anais.jude

« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2011, 12:30:37 PM »
wtf is this shit?

JC, do you enjoy trainwreks and seeing people's flailng bodies all mutated and bleeding while people in the background are vomiting their Olive Garden and screaming "Oh the humanity!!!!!"

If the answer is "no," I suggest you walk away....slowly

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #252 on: October 14, 2011, 12:32:24 PM »
That was my reaction after skimming through all of it.

anais.jude

« Reply #253 on: October 14, 2011, 12:34:35 PM »
Oh...well then I don't have an answer for you

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #254 on: October 14, 2011, 12:35:47 PM »
Also, go to the RARGH thread and the Economic Downturn thread and see the reactions us forum members have to his current economic news. We may mock him because we are tired, but we some of us do still care. Why? because despite it all, he is one of us!  :highfive:

My apologies. Is this better?

I guess, except I was really disagreeing with the "he is one of us" thing. He's not.
Bonhead #2
fs!!