Author Topic: Star Trek 2009 sucks!  (Read 24285 times)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: Star Trek 2009 sucks!
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2011, 08:59:18 PM »
Since when do people usually respond with reason to anything?

Which brings this back to religion.

Actually it describes how people go about their entire day beginning to end for the most part.  I mean hell this thread is why a movie is good or bad, which on the face of it, is not a rational topic.  

both you and Sideswipe have now made clear your aversion to
all things religious, and yet you are also giving Doctor a hard time because of his perceived
paranoia about religious ridicule on the forum?

Pretty much nailed it.  

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 739
  • Sort this; deliver that; I'll make 'em all pay.
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2011, 09:00:17 PM »
Nailed it if you can't think very well.
\()/ 3~ \()/

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2011, 09:01:13 PM »
Well I am clearly not wanted here and I know you will not believe me but this time I am gone for good because there is no room in Rifftrax for Christians or anyone else who questions the users who rune this unfriendly forum.  I will say thing in going I will not put one penny towards keeping this forum running so you people who do the books by letting a few bullies run wild you have lost money.  If anyone else is sick of how they are treated on this forum I urge them to boycott it to this forum is full of the worst people on the planet.

You're a ridiculous person.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Russell

« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2011, 09:02:02 PM »
Well I am clearly not wanted here and I know you will not believe me but this time I am gone for good because there is no room in Rifftrax for Christians or anyone else who questions the users who rune this unfriendly forum.  I will say thing in going I will not put one penny towards keeping this forum running so you people who do the books by letting a few bullies run wild you have lost money.  If anyone else is sick of how they are treated on this forum I urge them to boycott it to this forum is full of the worst people on the planet.
Doctor I can't address all your issues, but I am still in your corner, don't leave.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »
Nailed it if you can't think very well.

Please you some sort of actual reasoning to back this unsubstantiated assertion up or we are just back to,
Since when do people usually respond with reason to anything?

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2011, 09:03:29 PM »
Where are the churches on the Enterprise???  Next to the bathrooms I guess?
\()/ 3~ \()/

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2011, 09:03:52 PM »
It's more like excited anticipation that an annoying house guest will finally leave.
I have a philosophy Thrifty. If somebody is annoying, I will go out of my way to make sure that I didn't do anything
to hurt them or make them feel like they have reason to be aggravated. And I sure as hell believe there's no cause
to keep pushing people by picking on them further. That doesn't usually make people more pleasant in my
experience. It usually just puts them on the defensive and I don't see any reason to make people feel like that.

Oh, I thought you were talking about leaving this forum.
No, I don't see any reason to do that. I do regret leaving TSE though because there were a lot
of people on there I cared about and even one friendship I totally screwed over by leaving the
forum and not telling somebody who was on that forum who I formed a bond with.
You're new here, aren't you?  Doctor Who is CONSTANTLY throwing temper tantrums with little or no provocation.  He is CONSTANTLY derailing threads and attempts by the actual adults here to discuss things normally.  He is like a 4 year old on a sugar high while you're at a nice restaurant.  I've tried to be nice, but my patience ran out a long time ago.

How come it's always my fault someone calls me a name instead of debating.

Because your debate style is full of overblown ridiculous rhetoric and strawmen.  You "debate" about as well as I sculpt; in other words, terribly.

Well I am clearly not wanted here and I know you will not believe me but this time I am gone for good because there is no room in Rifftrax for Christians or anyone else who questions the users who rune this unfriendly forum.  I will say thing in going I will not put one penny towards keeping this forum running so you people who do the books by letting a few bullies run wild you have lost money.  If anyone else is sick of how they are treated on this forum I urge them to boycott it to this forum is full of the worst people on the planet.
Okay see you tomorrow.  I'll quote this back to you when you do.

You know, if you could even stay away for one month I might believe you had some trace of sincerity in your desire to change.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:05:34 PM by Thrifty "Seventy Sheds" Jackson »

Russell

« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »
There is clearly religion in the future. Spock even mentioned God, the Bajorans believe
in the Prophets. Hell, even that Dumbass Sybok believed in God, and he found.... well,
not God, but if there's a Devil...

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2011, 09:07:43 PM »
There is clearly religion in the future. Spock even mentioned God, the Bajorans believe
in the Prophets. Hell, even that Dumbass Sybok believed in God, and he found.... well,

Again, where are the churches on the Enterprise?
\()/ 3~ \()/

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2011, 09:08:47 PM »
How come it's always my fault someone calls me a name instead of debating.

Because your debate style is full of overblown ridiculous rhetoric and strawmen.  You "debate" about as well as I sculpt; in other words, terribly.
[/quote]

Exactally right.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2011, 09:09:27 PM »
If Christ is the true God, and the only real God, then where are the churches on the Enterprise?
\()/ 3~ \()/

Russell

« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »
If Christ is the true God, and the only real God, then where are the churches on the Enterprise?
I don't know RVR, aside from the ONE marriage that took placing during ALL of TNG, was
there any reason to show churches on the Enterprise?

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2011, 09:11:43 PM »

In the holodeck. Duh.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2011, 09:12:15 PM »

The Prophets are noncoporeal aliens
Sybock's god was a pissed off super power alien.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2011, 09:12:28 PM »

Bringing up Star Trek V...yeah not the best idea in most discussions.  I remember reading Nimoy's book (The "I Am Spock" one, not the other) where he talks about trying to talk everyone out of using that script and that mixing Star Trek and religion that closely was a bad idea.  To paraphrase how he put it (since I don't remember the exact quote), "if we find God at the end, the audience will never buy it.  If we don't find God, there's no story."

But yeah, there's religion all over Star Trek in bits and pieces.  Sometimes its a just a detail for the characters, sometimes it becomes a big part of the plot or theme, like the episode where Picard was mistaken for the god of a planet.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing