Author Topic: ahmadinejad new york  (Read 4449 times)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: ahmadinejad new york
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2011, 03:26:13 PM »
An interesting side on china from the Sipri website

The resulting SIPRI estimates for Chinese military spending come to roughly 1.4–1.5 times the official defence budget for most years. SIPRI's current estimate for R&D spending is quite high, suggesting a share of R&D in overall military spending close to that of the USA, and considerably higher than for major European arms producers. In contrast, SIPRI estimates do not at present include estimates for local government funding of the PLA.

A 2006 report by the US–China Policy Foundation, based on a analysis of available Chinese-language sources, broadly concurs with the list of items included by SIPRI, but also adds various forms of funding to the PLA from local government, as well as some higher education expenses for PLA officers and compensation for disaster relief activities. The report concludes, however, that there is not at present enough information to make a reasonable estimate of total Chinese defence-related spending.

While details of some elements of Chinese military spending outside the official defence budget are publicly available (such as the PAP budget) others—most importantly R&D spending—are not, and can at present only be the subject of educated guesswork. Further research based on publicly available Chinese-language sources could provide improved estimates, but without greater transparency on the part of the Chinese Government, a completely accurate figure is not currently possible

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2011, 11:16:16 PM »
BTW, Ludicrous Theocratic Puppetry is the name of my Lamb of God cover band.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

shodan

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2011, 12:08:52 AM »
*kicks the thread* nope sorry beenie it's dead now