login

Author Topic: RVR II's Star Trek thread.. Cause it's sure to veer off course!  (Read 275538 times)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5010
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: RVR II's Star Trek thread.. Cause it's sure to veer off course!
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2013, 08:18:30 AM »
AND, looks like Season 4 along with the 2 part episode 'Redemption' will be released in 3 months (July 30) :o

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3100
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2013, 10:13:37 AM »
I forgot it was being released today.  Had to get some other stuff from Amazon so I added it to that order, should get it Thursday.

I'm just getting season 3, will wait for the next set to complete Best of Both Worlds.  I think I'll be doing that with all of them, sounds like they are changing things a bit when combining the season ending cliffhangers with the next season openers.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2013, 12:11:17 PM »
I proly should have ordered Season 3 from Amazon cause I discovered it was $20 more at Best Buy than Amazon and when I tried to go back to get them to do a price match, they said it had to be an actual store price match and Not an online store price match
 :grr: I'll remember that in 3 months!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2013, 05:06:20 PM »
I forgot just how many good episodes were in season 3, man does Yesterday's Enterprise look great in HD.
The commentary track for that episode is also great, you really understand how overworked and how much pressure they were under that season, they had no idea they were putting out such great stuff at the time they were doing it.

Also just watched Deja Q, while most stuff looks great in HD the species down on the planet looked pretty bad.  They were only ever meant to be seen on the bridge view screen so I guess they didn't try very hard to get the makeup perfect.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2013, 06:09:51 PM »
Agreed! I didn't get a chance to play the commentary yet and I let a friend of mine borrow the season so I have to wait a bit longer :-[

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2013, 05:13:53 PM »
I've been rewatching quite a bit of Enterprise lately, avoiding season 3, didn't care for that when it aired but I may watch some of the better ones once I'm done with all the others I remember liking. 

I still really like the show starting about half way though season 1 up to the end of season 2, and then again the last half of the last season (excluding the terrible season ending episode).

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2013, 05:35:07 PM »
My favorite line on any show's season ending was............"Fire".

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2013, 10:11:50 AM »
Just snapped up Season 4 TNG on BluRay along with the 2-part episode 'Redemption' :highfive:

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2013, 02:44:40 PM »
Just got my season 4 set from Amazon, will be going through all the extras tonight.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2013, 02:55:54 PM »
Just got my season 4 set from Amazon, will be going through all the extras tonight.
Watched Redemption first night, then discs 1 & 2.. Disc 3 is tonight 8)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2013, 11:50:39 PM »
After watching all the extras on disc 6 I went to disc 3 first.  I've been waiting until this set to watch Best of Both Worlds part I, so I've got to go back and watch that before disc one of this set.

As for the extras:  The art department people sitting on couches talking was not quite as interesting as the cast doing the same on the last set, but still some pretty good stories.  The other 2 featurettes were OK.  Blooper reel was kind of mediocre.  Pretty much all of the deleted scenes were interesting, I guess they were cut for time because I think all of them added a little bit to the stories.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2013, 05:43:16 AM »
Yeah I haven't gotten to the extras yet but will get to them this weekend.. Still got disc 4 and 5 to go, then the extras.. ;D

Offline Locuststakethesky

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 121
  • Just because you CAN edit doesn't mean you should.
    • Book of Face
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2013, 07:30:41 AM »
Heads up, Star Trek TOS, TNG, and Enterprise on Blu Ray are on sale on Amazon this week.  Only $81.66 for the complete original series, seasons of TNG are $49.99.  I would jump on this in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2013, 07:37:35 AM »
Figures the TNG blurays would drop some $20 - $30 dollars after I buy them  :-[

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
Circle the date: November 19. That’s when both Star Trek: The Next Generation – The Fifth Season and Star Trek: The Next Generation – Unification will arrive on Blu-ray via CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution.

Star Trek: The Next Generation

There’s no hyperbole necessary in discussing these two releases. Season five of TNG ranked amongst the series’ best, with episodes including “Redemption Part II, “Cause And Effect,” “Darmok,” “The Inner Light,” “The First Duty,” the Hugo Award-winning “Time’s Arrow, Part 1” and, of course, “Unification I and II,” which heralded the returns to Star Trek of Leonard Nimoy as Spock and Mark Lenard as Sarek.

The Fifth Season Blu-ray features all 26 episodes in high-definition and a multiple-part documentary, “REQUIEM: A Remembrance of Star Trek: The Next Generation,” which examines the evolution of season five and the impact of Trek creator Gene Roddenberry’s death on the production.

Meanwhile, Unification transforms the landmark two-parter into an epic feature-length presentation complemented by an audio commentary and an exclusive documentary, “From One Generation to the Next,” which details the making of the episodes and the introduction of Spock to TNG.

The Fifth Season will cost $130 in the U.S. and $150 in Canada, and Unification will cost $28.28 in the U.S. and $32 in Canada.
WOOT WOOOOOOT!!! :highfive:
Yeah pretty sure that price will be dropping.. 8)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 04:08:59 PM by RVR II »