login

Author Topic: The Awesome Pictures Thread  (Read 532729 times)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
Re: The Awesome Pictures Thread
« Reply #1230 on: May 25, 2012, 02:51:09 PM »
This picture is actually called "Nightmads" not Night Bots as you have labeled it. It was done by Jean Jackson who has done a lot of MST3K art.

And oh yeah, when you steal my pictures, I tend to get annoyed. Cropping it doesn't change it to yours.

You're right.  I shouldn't have posted it.  I didn't think you'd be upset or even care.  I didn't mean to steal it, and didn't mean any disrespect.  My main intention was to bring it to people's attention that may have never seen it.

I've seen a lot of Jean's work, and it's great.  I couldn't think of her name to give her the proper credit, nor did I have the time.  But if I don't have the time, perhaps I just shouldn't post.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #1231 on: May 25, 2012, 02:54:51 PM »
This picture is actually called "Nightmads" not Night Bots as you have labeled it. It was done by Jean Jackson who has done a lot of MST3K art.

And oh yeah, when you steal my pictures, I tend to get annoyed. Cropping it doesn't change it to yours.

You're right.  I shouldn't have posted it.  I didn't think you'd be upset or even care.  I didn't mean to steal it, and didn't mean any disrespect.  My main intention was to bring it to people's attention that may have never seen it.

I've seen a lot of Jean's work, and it's great.  I couldn't think of her name to give her the proper credit, nor did I have the time.  But if I don't have the time, perhaps I just shouldn't post.

Am I crazy, or did you never call it "Madbots"? I never saw that anywhere. Also, did this member paint the picture or did Jean Jackson? Is this member Jean Jackson? Because you're not wording your post like they are. If this person is Jean Jackson, the hell is their problem?

I'm very confused.

deueltl

« Reply #1232 on: May 25, 2012, 02:56:29 PM »

The thing was, if you had asked, I would have had no problem with you posting it if you'd made the proper attributions. It's not a shot I use professionally, however with you stealing it and modifying it, you've taken my shot of Jean's work and made it yours. Not cool.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #1233 on: May 25, 2012, 02:57:45 PM »

Am I crazy, or did you never call it "Madbots"? I never saw that anywhere. Also, did this member paint the picture or did Jean Jackson? Is this member Jean Jackson? Because you're not wording your post like they are. If this person is Jean Jackson, the hell is their problem?

I'm very confused.
The file name is what's being referred to here.

deueltl

« Reply #1234 on: May 25, 2012, 02:58:45 PM »

I'm very confused.

The problem is he took my picture of Jean's painting, cropped it and posted it. Given my photos are all clearly labeled as copyrighted and not able to be copied, he knowingly circumvented my wishes about the picture. The "Night Bots" label is in the metadata.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #1235 on: May 25, 2012, 02:59:08 PM »
Fine. Here's a different image of the same thing. Holy cow...

By the way, nobody gives a crap who took the photo of the painting. They care about the painting.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #1236 on: May 25, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »
Apparently they are friends with Jean Jackson, and I got the picture from this person's Flickr feed.  It was the only version that I could find through my work's filter, and decided to use it.  I didn't think they would even care.  Going back to the Flickr feed, it does say to not use their photos without permission.  I didn't notice this before.

I cropped the photo to match the preceding theme, hosted it to image shack, and incorrectly named it "Night Bots".

Jean Jackson is a great artist who has done a lot of painting incorporating MST3K characters into various works of art.  She has an ebay store here where you can view and buy them.

deueltl

« Reply #1237 on: May 25, 2012, 03:07:02 PM »

By the way, nobody gives a crap who took the photo of the painting. They care about the painting.

Why would it bother me? Because I have things stolen on a regular basis when it comes to photos. Sure, that one was a shot of a friend's work that I would have happily share had I been asked, but I wasn't.

When you see something and like it online, if you take it is is stealing. This happens to me all of the time and I've tended to become a little sensitive about it. I don't walk into your house, see something I like and declare it mine because it's something I want to use.

deueltl

« Reply #1238 on: May 25, 2012, 03:07:38 PM »
For someone who makes a living inserting other people's copyrighted creations into her works, she sure does get touchy...

Jean is a friend and knows about the picture. *I* don't post someone else's work without attribution.

deueltl

« Reply #1239 on: May 25, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »

Why would it bother me? Because I have things stolen on a regular basis when it comes to photos. Sure, that one was a shot of a friend's work that I would have happily share had I been asked, but I wasn't.

When you see something and like it online, if you take it is is stealing. This happens to me all of the time and I've tended to become a little sensitive about it. I don't walk into your house, see something I like and declare it mine because it's something I want to use.

You can easily make your flickr photostream disallow sharing.  It gives people a "spaceball" when they try to save a file.

I have and he went around it. That says he knows that I don't allow sharing without permission.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #1240 on: May 25, 2012, 03:20:36 PM »

Nobody declared it theirs. I'm sure it's annoying when people take credit for your other artistic photos (I'm assuming you have some), but this is a kinda-crooked photo of a painting that you didn't paint. Pick your battles more wisely and you won't be so stressed, methinks.

Coragale

« Reply #1241 on: May 25, 2012, 05:06:09 PM »

I particularly like this version of the painting.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #1242 on: May 25, 2012, 07:17:22 PM »

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #1243 on: May 26, 2012, 03:22:40 AM »

Photo taken in the late 1940s-early 1950s. Yet take notice of the fellow on the middle right.
The sunglasses, t-shirt, and what appears to be modern camera.
Photoshop or Irresponsible time traveler caught on film???

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #1244 on: May 26, 2012, 04:31:56 AM »
I have an old 1950 Stl beer event photo with my grandfather in it.   Everyone looks like an older German person except this one guy wearing a newer suit, younger and modern hair.