login

Author Topic: The Awesome Pictures Thread  (Read 406166 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3996
Re: The Awesome Pictures Thread
« Reply #4860 on: December 27, 2017, 01:39:21 AM »
This was captioned, "where there's a will, there's a way."
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #4861 on: December 31, 2017, 11:55:15 PM »

[This could also have gone into either 'Funny Pictures' or 'Adorable Pictures', but I chose to put it here.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 4067
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #4862 on: January 01, 2018, 04:55:07 PM »
If this suddenly happened to me, awesome or funny wouldn't come to mind.  Horrifying would be my word of choice.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #4863 on: February 13, 2018, 09:07:52 PM »
Picture of Single Trapped Atom Wins UK Science Photography Prize

Can't see it all that well in there?  Here's a close-up (well... a 'closer' up) picture:

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2236
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #4864 on: February 14, 2018, 06:59:32 AM »
Now I'm going to have The Pointer Sisters singing in my head all day.....

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2236
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #4865 on: February 14, 2018, 07:46:45 AM »
On second thought, the song that should be playing in my head is by Frankie Goes To Hollywood...   
Because that's what you are actually seeing.   ;D

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5120
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4866 on: March 10, 2018, 04:26:23 PM »

I went to Monster Mania convention in NJ today with my friend Shiela to see Tim Curry. We got there two hours early, but were the first people in line so it was worth it. He wasn't very responsive, he noticed Shiela more than me. But it was still cool to meet him. I didn't get to ask him if the headpiece of the Darkness costume from Legend was heavy. I have to imagine that it was.
(I have a picture of the photo because I let her keep the real photo to hang in her house.)

As for the convention itself, that was WAY too packed! Just crowded to the point where you could barely move in the hallways, or the selling booths areas. This is partly because they allowed so many people in I'm surprised they didn't get in trouble with the fire department for capacity regulations. And they had a lot more big name celebrities there this year. In addition to Time Curry, they had Elvira, Pee Wee Herman, several of the kids from the It movie, Richard Dreyfuss, John Carpenter, The Chiodo Brothers, Sean Astin, and several others. It was insane. I really wanted to get Pee Wee Herman's autograph as a gift for my brother Eric because he was such a fan as a kid. But after spending so much time waiting for Tim Curry, that wasn't practical.
I'm glad I went this time, but I don't think I'll go to this convention again unless they put it in a much bigger venue.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3102
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4867 on: March 10, 2018, 04:52:37 PM »
I went to Monster Mania convention in NJ today with my friend Shiela to see Tim Curry. We got there two hours early, but were the first people in line so it was worth it. He wasn't very responsive, he noticed Shiela more than me. But it was still cool to meet him.
He still looks pretty rough from his stroke.. Maybe that had something to do with it :-\

Offline Russoguru

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 134
  • "They belong here more than we"
« Reply #4868 on: March 10, 2018, 05:03:07 PM »
Last time I met big celebs was George Takei and Walter Koenig way back in 2006.

After all the trouble I went through renting a car then driving to Denver to see Duran Duran, I promised myself... no more musical acts, no internet celebrities or other celebrities unless I can see them within state bounds. Now if somebody else is doing the driving, that's something different but honestly I can't afford anymore excursions out of state anymore. If I want to meet James Rolfe, Doug Walker, Brad Jones, Commander Holly, Dodger, or see any of my favorite musical acts they're just gonna have to come to Albuquerque annnnnndd yes I know that's a snowball's chance in hell.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 4067
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #4869 on: March 22, 2018, 11:30:52 AM »

Extra points if you get the pun.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5120
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4870 on: March 22, 2018, 12:20:08 PM »

Extra points if you get the pun.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Russoguru

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 134
  • "They belong here more than we"
« Reply #4871 on: March 22, 2018, 08:52:13 PM »
Hah hah, what a funny pun Johnny.  ;D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)