Poll

What should be the topic for LOC 52?

Top 50 High School Movies
Top 50 Rifftrax - 2011 Edition
Top 50 iRiffs
Top 50 Adventure Movies
Top 50 Songs from Movies
Top 50 Beverages
Top 50 Comic Strips (Including Webcomics)

Author Topic: List of Crap number 52: Vote now or be lame  (Read 2986 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: List of Crap number 52: Vote now or be lame
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »
That's only with In2- pretty sure the laxative application uses/d H2In. But I suppose it would depend on how acidic ones poop is really.

Watchman

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 12:05:57 AM »
Wish I could work in a Road to Wellville joke. Post-mortem flatulence, yes. Dana Carvey throwing boxes of shit at members of high society, yes. But alas, no diarrhea that I can recall of.

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5086
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 10:27:33 AM »
People here are WAY too familiar with the Road to Wellville.

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 12:25:32 PM »
I remember it first coming out and wanting to see it (I liked Dana Carvey and it looked fun), but then hearing only that it was pretty terrible and no one should watch it.  I might try it if it ever pops up at the local

BTW, the upcoming movie Hysteria seems to be in a similar vein (it's about the invention of the vibrator) and looks interesting.

Remember when people wanted to see Dana Carvey?  Will the Dana Carvey Show ever come out on DVD?  It was an awesome show.  I loved "Skinheads from Maine".

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 12:47:23 PM »
Remember when people wanted to see Dana Carvey?  Will the Dana Carvey Show ever come out on DVD?  It was an awesome show.  I loved "Skinheads from Maine".

Looks like Shout Factory has it.

I loved that show.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SkhwiuRbOEE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SkhwiuRbOEE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3K7Qc6vW5Q?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3K7Qc6vW5Q?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Whatever became of these two guys?
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 07:25:34 PM »
Come on beverages! Songs suck! Death to the arts!

"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

anais.jude

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 07:37:35 PM »
It is getting close. Two more votes and its beverages. Do you have the cajones to vote?

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »
Come on beverages! Songs suck! Death to the arts!

I wanted the other part of this but oh well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0xE4nyCD6U

Watchman

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2011, 11:28:51 PM »
I remember it first coming out and wanting to see it (I liked Dana Carvey and it looked fun), but then hearing only that it was pretty terrible and no one should watch it.  I might try it if it ever pops up at the local

It depends on how much you appreciate the misguided ambitious of "WTF were they thinking?!" movies. Or, to put it another way, it's a fascinating failure, not a boring failure. How many other times has Anthony Hopkins shared the marquee with Dana Carvey? How many other Victorian period pieces are as utterly obsessed with sex & bowel movements? Seriously, the film plays off like if you mixed Masterpiece Theater with the Farrelly Brothers or Tom Green. And we haven't even gotten into John Cusack's zany corn flakes subplot.

(It's also the hardest I've laughed at anything featuring Matthew Broderick).

I'll conclude with one of Anthony Hopkins' most dignified movie quotes: "An erection is a flagpole on your grave."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:33:24 PM by Katonic »

Watchman

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »
I remember it first coming out and wanting to see it (I liked Dana Carvey and it looked fun), but then hearing only that it was pretty terrible and no one should watch it.  I might try it if it ever pops up at the local

It depends on how much you appreciate the misguided ambitious of "WTF were they thinking?!" movies. Or, to put it another way, it's a fascinating failure, not a boring failure. How many other times has Anthony Hopkins shared the marquee with Dana Carvey? How many other Victorian period pieces are as utterly obsessed with sex & bowel movements? Seriously, the film plays off like if you mixed Masterpiece Theater with the Farrelly Brothers or Tom Green. And we haven't even gotten into John Cusack's zany corn flakes subplot.

I'll conclude with one of Anthony Hopkins' most dignified movie quotes: "An erection is a flagpole on your grave."

How is it a failure? The point of the movie is to highlight the absurdity of Kellogg and his "sanitorium" from the point of view of a modern, post sexual-revolution audience.  It does this very well.

I mean in the sense of AV Club's "My Year of Flops". Perhaps "flop" is a better word.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 06:02:41 AM »
Remember when people wanted to see Dana Carvey?  Will the Dana Carvey Show ever come out on DVD?  It was an awesome show.  I loved "Skinheads from Maine".

Looks like Shout Factory has it.

I loved that show.

It's also on Hulu, I think.

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 06:15:38 AM »
So we are now past the deadline and it's a tie.  Hmm...

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 06:19:13 AM »
I'd suggest the 12 who didn't vote for either of the ties change their votes to whichever one of those they prefer. The potential for a tie still exists of course but it might break it.

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 09:07:09 AM »
Hmm... well, I'm the potential host of the movie songs list and sarcasm is the potential host o beverages, so I talked to him and told him that I'd be willing to host the drinks list and drop the movie songs list (or postpone it until November).  Is that cool with everyone?  If people desperately want to see songs more, I'm willing to host that instead (though I really do want to see the beverage list myself).

Either way, it looks like I'm going to host whatever happens next, unless sarcasm suddenly changes his mind about the beverage list.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2011, 09:39:19 AM »
I would be totally fine with that option, especially since i will be hard to reach the next week since ill be in Florida on vacation.