login

Author Topic: D#mn....  (Read 11555 times)

Offline AvestheFox

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
  • The Fox Hath Spoken!
    • The Bullock Gallery
D#mn....
« on: February 16, 2007, 01:36:30 PM »
this movie....

made me sick....

i watched it without the riffs....

i (being honest) have never felt hate towards any movie like i felt towards this piece of $#!+

stupid ending.... horrible acting.... not my type of media (I generally never cared for horror flicks... too depressing) and many MANY other problems!

oh... dont get me wrong... i laughed at some of the badness... but the rest of the film, i was clutching my gut in agony... and had to throw up halfway through....

i dont think i could handle it... even with the riffs....

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: D#mn....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »
Watching this movie without the riffrax is a bit like using a chain saw without a chain guard.   You COULD do it, but we dont recommend it.

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 06:31:39 AM »
We told you guys this is almost Manos bad..... >:D

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
COMPLETELY off-topic
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 10:55:33 AM »
BTW, PSLOwner, I LOVE your icon. SCREW edutainment!
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: COMPLETELY off-topic
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 11:47:39 AM »

Angel the Vampire Puppet.   One of their funniest episodes.   Thanks UPN for cancelling the show and replacing it with crap!   :grr:

[yt=425,350]Qw2xe7ZRfho[/yt]

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Re: COMPLETELY off-topic
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 08:46:26 PM »

Angel the Vampire Puppet.   One of their funniest episodes.   Thanks UPN for cancelling the show and replacing it with crap!   :grr:

Actually, it was WB, who replaced it the following season with Supernatural (and where does a shitty show like that get off having a vampire episode?).
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 06:35:39 PM »
I wonder which film was more thoroughly incompetent, Troll 2, Hobgoblins, or Werewolf.  ???

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 05:24:07 AM »
I wonder which film was more thoroughly incompetent, Troll 2, Hobgoblins, or Werewolf.  ???

Wow, that is a tough one.   I dont think there is a proper answer for that question!

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 10:54:33 AM »

Easily Troll 2.

While Hobgoblins was more intentially wretched and morally bankrupt from a script perspective and Werewolf featured the incomparable eastern european leading lady, at least the plots could be followed and the happenings on screen tended to make sense for the most part. Troll 2 just had complete scenes thrown in that had nothing to do with anything. It was like huge chunks of film that might have helped tie things together were just missing. What the hell was going on with the popcorn scene, for example? I don't remember either Hobgoblins or Werewolf being so fundamentally sloppy.

Offline mistermistie75

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 08:33:09 PM »
Troll 2 is the worst thing ever invented by people, and yes I know about TNT, and the atomic bomb. Misguided evil always sickens me more than the non-imaginative kinds of evil out there.

Things that propels this into 'Crime Against Aesthetics' territory:

The downer ending.
The weird Call of Cthulhu Ghost Granddad helping out the little proto-Arch Hall Jr. Kid
Arch Hall Jr. Jr.'s line delivery
The weird lactose fixation of the director/writer.
"Nilbog is Goblin Spelled Backwards!" Oh, and this is what I said when I sounded out the name of the town from its sign. Nilbo--wait, that's Goblin backwards.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 08:01:25 AM »
Yeah, you gotta wonder about a director and/or writer that thought the "Nilbog" thing was exceptionally clever. A third grader could probably figure that out in a couple of minutes. The amount of stupidity that was required for the adults, teenage boys, and girl to not get that is so immense that it boggles the mind. Definitely on par with Hobgoblins in inanity. If the sound was off by half a second and the picture quality looked like it was shot with a camera lens covered with vaseline, I'd say it was Manos bad . . . just not quite.

Offline zaxxon25

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • BoC Thurs
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 03:33:51 AM »
Truthfully I didn't have much difficulty getting through the film.  Given all the hype I was expecting disaster on a Manos level.  Instead it's just incompetently written and acted.  Overall the plot is easy enough to follow, the premise is similar to something like Species and about as believable.  There were only two moments where I really felt it veered into the Manos "stunningly incomprehensibly bad" category; the popcorn scene and the forced attempt at a shocking ending.  Otherwise if given a choice to watch this or Firewall sans Rifftrax I'd take Troll 2 every time.

Offline Hobbit

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 07:14:30 PM »
As bad as it was, there are worse.  Head over to Netflix and get Feeders and Feeders 2 for a double feature.  If you haven't killed yourself by the end of Feeders, you may want to stop there.  If you make it through Feeders 2, you have a high pain tolerance.  If you can watch those two and Nukie all in a row without denouncing all religion and losing all will to live, you're probably not human.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 04:07:14 AM »
As bad as it was, there are worse.  Head over to Netflix and get Feeders and Feeders 2 for a double feature.  If you haven't killed yourself by the end of Feeders, you may want to stop there.  If you make it through Feeders 2, you have a high pain tolerance.  If you can watch those two and Nukie all in a row without denouncing all religion and losing all will to live, you're probably not human.

I picked up Feeders/Feeders2 from Amazon.com, some friends and I watched it, and we are still in therapy to this day.   Honestly, those movies cannot be described.     :scared:  :scared:  :gouge:  :gouge:

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2007, 03:58:48 AM »

Of the three, I would have to go with Troll 2 just based on the overall incompetenece of all the actors.  Hobgoblins is 2nd.

Werewolf is not even the worst werewolf movie out there.  That movie is an Academy award winner compaired to "Howling - New Moon Rising" (which is movie number 7 in the series, I think).  Look this up on imdb.com to see what I mean........I have watched it and I think it is actually worse than all three of the movies listed.