Top 50 classic rock albums (pre 1990)
8 (28.6%)
Top 50 Sports Movies
0 (0%)
Top 50 Beverages
10 (35.7%)
Top 50 Novels
2 (7.1%)
Top 50 Rifftrax- 5th Anniversary Edition (Shorts, Features and Rifftrax Presents)
8 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Vote for LoC #51 - Poll 2 of 2. (Read On)  (Read 1653 times)

anais.jude

Re: Vote for LoC #51 - Poll 2 of 2. (Read On)
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 12:51:03 PM »
I just realized what a bitch it's gonna be to cut sci-fi characters down to 25. I mean, you could take just a handful of movies and shows and fill a list.

Should be a pretty elite roster.

yeah I think my inter list could just be characters from Doctor Who.

That's why it's so awesome. The truly best one will show up on multiple lists. It shall truly be narrowed down to one....

Watchman

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 07:01:31 PM »
I will have to check them out.  Is there a commentary by them for Escape From LA?  That movie is ridiculous and I imagine the commentary would be awesome.

Nope, Escape From LA was released on DVD bare-bones. They do commentary for Escape From NY, though it's probably the weakest of the Carpenter/Russell commentaries. At this point I'd definitely suggest The Thing the most. Russell's laughter is infectious, especially when he's reacting to Wilford Brimley or the famous "You've got to be fucking kidding."

Quote from: Darth Geek
Check out the commentaries for Gremilns. Joe Dante is a lot of fun, and very informative. There are actually two, one with him and the producer and special effects guy, as well as one with him and the main actors. The commentary for Gremlins 2 is awesome as well.
Dante's great. I think his Piranha commentary may have been the first I ever listened to. I also highly enjoyed the commentary for his Masters of Horror episode "The Screwfly Solution".

Quote from: D.B. Barnes
I just realized what a bitch it's gonna be to cut sci-fi characters down to 25. I mean, you could take just a handful of movies and shows and fill a list.

Should be a pretty elite roster.

I ain't gonna make things any easier by leaving Luke Skywalker off my list. I'll keep my mouth shut if Skywalker ends up #1.

You can count on me including some Cronenberg characters on my list. :)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 10:17:37 PM »
We have our winner! Top 50 Sci-Fi characters will be the next topic. Anais, take a bow. :^)