Author Topic: New Short "Borrowed Power" Now Available!  (Read 4174 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 596
New Short "Borrowed Power" Now Available!
« on: July 29, 2011, 02:16:53 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/borrowed-power

A cutting, thoughtful, and sober analysis of the coming world energy crisis, Borrowed Power affirms -- WAIT WAIT DON’T GO just kidding!! It’s really about an extaordinarily ugly teenager killing someone with his car! Or did he? That question is the raw mystery of this driving scare film, which brings to life the character of young, reckless, hideous Jerry, and his equally unpleasant friends. In his hurry to get to a sock hop, or a malt shop, or some other dull and awful thing old-timey teenagers did to pass the time until video games and psychedelic drugs became available, Jerry drives his giant car like a gosh-darned fool. After his (potentially) lethal ride, he’s scolded by a vaguely governmental official who calls in Jerry’s parents, who somehow take the ugly levels EVEN HIGHER! You won’t believe your eyes!

Mike, Kevin, and Bill have taken the key lesson of Borrowed Power to heart, namely, whatever you do, try not to be outrageously ugly while doing it.
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/borrowed-power

Now with guitar-free outro!
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 443
Re: New Short "Borrowed Power" Now Available!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 02:57:58 PM »
So, wait, driving a little stupidly but not really doing anything illegal and NOT hitting someone with your car gets you a 6-month suspended license and a verbal ass-spanking by a judge?  Did you have no boundaries at all 1950s?!

Offline kjpod

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 4
  • The "It's" man vs. his mortal enemy the "Its" man
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
Well now, it wasn't just that.  He did contribute to a dangerous situation by knowingly being the general vicinity of an impaired driver. Plus, he was already under suspended sentence for aggravating an officer, i.e. not taking Sergeant Holdagrudge's stopping distance demonstration seriously. Then there's Driving While Ugly, Driving While Under Eighteen, Having Stupid Friends, and Possession of Dangerously Hideous Parents. And to top it off, the drunk driver himself turned out to have diplomatic immunity, so the judge had to take out his frustrations on someone.

Oh, and fare thee well, jarring closing guitar chord played at twice the volume level of the film. You will be missed.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »
Guess I didn't notice the dropped guitar chord. it never made an impact on me either way.

I'm a bit disappointed, based on its title I would've expected this short to be about managing to get power from your neighbor when you default on your utility bill.

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 327
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 10:55:59 AM »
"He got so much ass that week."

I LOLed at that.

Man, the audio in this short is horrible (the movie audio, not the riffing). I can barely understand what they're saying half the time.

And I miss the guitar chord. I tend to hum along with it obsessively.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 01:26:19 PM »
Wow the ugly factor on this short was massive.

"Her boyfriend is the kid from Deliverance." :D