Author Topic: House, MD  (Read 45390 times)

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
Re: House, MD
« Reply #210 on: October 08, 2007, 07:10:53 PM »
I would love to see that too, but unfortunately it probably won't happen. Laurie and Fry work great together, but despite being the main character, it's not "Laurie's Show." I don't think the producers have the insight to throw this pair together even for one episode... shame really.

Maybe if Hugh suggests it? It COULD happen. It would certainly be a kickin' episode if it ever did! :)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Katie

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
    • Myspace
« Reply #211 on: October 08, 2007, 07:29:11 PM »
I'd guess that'll probably happen around the time they get Ricky Gervais to guest star on the American version of the Office.
From what I heard.. they are actually trying to work that out.
"I don't know if you've noticed, but we suck." "10-4"

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #212 on: October 08, 2007, 07:32:54 PM »
I think it'd be hilarious if they got Stephen Fry in as just a clinic patient who House dismisses within 30 seconds.  Maybe not satisfying, but hilarious.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #213 on: October 08, 2007, 07:55:18 PM »
I think it'd be hilarious if they got Stephen Fry in as just a clinic patient who House dismisses within 30 seconds.  Maybe not satisfying, but hilarious.

That would be funny (and infuriating) merely because 87% of the people watching it wouldn't even realize what had just happened. ;)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 25
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #214 on: October 09, 2007, 07:01:17 AM »
A brief scene in a bar where house pours out his soul with the Barman finishing his sentences?

Love that one...

[yt=425,350]s_yXtaICt3Y[/yt]
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #215 on: October 09, 2007, 07:05:56 AM »
I knew someone would get it.

Offline The Televator

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #216 on: October 09, 2007, 06:08:05 PM »
lol cutthroat bitch.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #217 on: October 09, 2007, 07:06:58 PM »
Oh wow that was a hard one to watch. My godson has SMA (type III just like the patient). And the guy's helper dog had the same name as his mother's dog when she was little. :'(
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 07:25:48 PM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline The Televator

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #218 on: October 09, 2007, 07:12:11 PM »
Oh wow that was a hard one to watch. My godson has SMA (type III just like the patient). And the guy's helper dog had the same name as his mother's dog when she was little. :'(
The ending was quite sad and it does raise the debate if the dog accidentally swallowed them or if they knocked them down in hopes of the dog swallowing them (i.e. suicide). I don't think it was 13's fault, there was really no way that she could have seen that from happening.

Also, poor Foreman. He should not have gotten fired like that, he did the right thing. I guess that means he's coming back to Princeton. But still, I am still loling over the cutthroat bitch name.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #219 on: October 09, 2007, 07:13:29 PM »
Yeah you know I think I'll wait a while before discussing the episode from the point of view of narrative, in fact I might sit this one out.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #220 on: October 09, 2007, 08:05:58 PM »
Holy crap, that was a good episode. Second best episode ever (Three Stories is still the best). Very hard to watch towards the end. I'm not usually an emotional person (especially when it comes to television), but when he asked for the dog to be brought over, and that whole scene - it really got to me.

Scenes like that are exactly why my wife refuses to watch House with me. Well, that, and dying babies.

The administrator that fired Foreman did exactly what any admin in the real world would do. House works for the only hospital in the universe where he could get away with the shit he pulls. In the real world, if a doctor breaks the rules for any reason, they are toast. My mother and stepfather are both doctors, and on more than one occasion they have seen doctors lose their jobs for doing something completely unacceptable that ended up saving the patient's life. Because the thing is, sooner or later doing that WILL get someone killed that shouldn't have died, and then the entire hospital is in jeopardy.

Anyway... really good episode. I hope the writing for the rest of the season stays as sharp as it has been so far.

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • BEERx
« Reply #221 on: October 10, 2007, 07:24:36 AM »
I haven't watched it yet, but I don't mind spoilers.... tell me, as a dog lover, is this episode gonna break my heart?

Offline The Televator

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2007, 07:43:21 AM »
I haven't watched it yet, but I don't mind spoilers.... tell me, as a dog lover, is this episode gonna break my heart?
I think it will, it was just a sad episode at the very end...but makes you leave with the debate on if the guy wanted to die or the dog swallowed the pills by accident, you have to see it to make your own judgment. But it was a very good episode that got to a lot people, including myself.

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • BEERx
« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2007, 07:47:52 AM »
Sounds like a dead dog to me... see, that bothers me more than a dead person (I'm weird that way).

Offline The Televator

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #224 on: October 10, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »
Sounds like a dead dog to me... see, that bothers me more than a dead person (I'm weird that way).
A little off topic, but it relates, I can't stand rape scenes and fights when it comes to parents. I always end up changing the channel or walking out of the theater for that one scene and come back in. Everyone has something that just rubs them the wrong way. But yeah the dog did die with its master at the same time. :'(