Author Topic: TV News Thread  (Read 156023 times)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Re: TV News Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2012, 05:19:08 PM »
Michael J. Fox Plots TV Comeback With Comedy From 'Arrested Development' Writer

Michael J. Fox is ready to go back to … television full time.

The Family Ties and Back to the Future star is shopping a single-camera comedy project inspired by his life, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. As first reported by Vulture, Fox is teaming with Arrested Development and Cougar Town scribe Sam Laybourne and Easy A director Will Gluck for the Sony Pictures Television comedy. Fox would star.

SPT is shopping the series to broadcast networks, with all four network bosses said to have heard the pitch, which the studio is eyeing for a launch next year.
Fox, who was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1991, of late has booked gigs on CBS' The Good Wife, HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm and FX's Rescue Me. His credits also include Boston Legal, Spin City and voice work on the Stuart Little animated features.

Sounds like a cool idea. I loved his guest shot on Curb.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Zombie Monty

« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2012, 10:56:37 PM »
Holy Shit!  Scooby Doo saves Wrestlemania!

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Warner Bros. and WWE Studios (WWE) announced they will co-produce a Scooby-Doo animated feature that will find Scooby and the gang solving a mystery at WrestleMania®. The announcement was made today by Jeff Brown, Executive Vice President and General Manager, TV, Family & Animation, Warner Home Video and Michael Luisi, President, WWE Studios.

WWE Superstars and Divas including Triple H®, John Cena®, Kane, The Miz®, Brodus Clay™, Santino Marella®, Sin Cara™ and AJ™ will appear in animated form and lend their voices to the project. WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon® will also lend his voice and appear in animated form.

“We are excited to partner with Warner Bros. on this wonderful animated film,” said WWE Studios President Michael Luisi. “Kids and adults are going to enjoy seeing their favorite WWE Superstars in animated form join forces with an icon like Scooby-Doo to solve a mystery at the biggest pop-culture event of the year – WrestleMania.”

“Warner Bros. is thrilled to get into the ring with WWE Studios to bring fans an unprecedented animated adventure,” said Jeff Brown, Executive Vice President and General Manager, TV, Warner Home Video. “We’re excited to leverage the WWE’s family-friendly brand and passionate fan base and integrate some of the most popular WWE Superstars and Divas within the Scooby-Doo gang.”

When Shaggy and Scooby win tickets to WrestleMania, the entire gang travels in the Mystery Machine to WWE City to attend the epic event. However, when a mysterious ghostly bear appears and threatens to ruin the show, Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne and Fred work with WWE Superstars to solve the case.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will handle worldwide distribution on Blu-ray, DVD, VOD and digital download. The film will be produced by Warner Bros. Animation. WWE will utilize its extensive global reach through its television, digital media and print assets to market the release of the film.

This reminds me of back when Scooby Doo would have adventures with The Harlem Globetrotters and other celebrities on the New Scooby Doo Movies.  This has the potential to be spectacular!

Offline bigheadtodd82

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 33
  • Ich ben ein Berliner...
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »
Holy Shit!  Scooby Doo saves Wrestlemania!

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Warner Bros. and WWE Studios (WWE) announced they will co-produce a Scooby-Doo animated feature that will find Scooby and the gang solving a mystery at WrestleMania®. The announcement was made today by Jeff Brown, Executive Vice President and General Manager, TV, Family & Animation, Warner Home Video and Michael Luisi, President, WWE Studios.

WWE Superstars and Divas including Triple H®, John Cena®, Kane, The Miz®, Brodus Clay™, Santino Marella®, Sin Cara™ and AJ™ will appear in animated form and lend their voices to the project. WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon® will also lend his voice and appear in animated form.

“We are excited to partner with Warner Bros. on this wonderful animated film,” said WWE Studios President Michael Luisi. “Kids and adults are going to enjoy seeing their favorite WWE Superstars in animated form join forces with an icon like Scooby-Doo to solve a mystery at the biggest pop-culture event of the year – WrestleMania.”

“Warner Bros. is thrilled to get into the ring with WWE Studios to bring fans an unprecedented animated adventure,” said Jeff Brown, Executive Vice President and General Manager, TV, Warner Home Video. “We’re excited to leverage the WWE’s family-friendly brand and passionate fan base and integrate some of the most popular WWE Superstars and Divas within the Scooby-Doo gang.”

When Shaggy and Scooby win tickets to WrestleMania, the entire gang travels in the Mystery Machine to WWE City to attend the epic event. However, when a mysterious ghostly bear appears and threatens to ruin the show, Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne and Fred work with WWE Superstars to solve the case.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will handle worldwide distribution on Blu-ray, DVD, VOD and digital download. The film will be produced by Warner Bros. Animation. WWE will utilize its extensive global reach through its television, digital media and print assets to market the release of the film.

This reminds me of back when Scooby Doo would have adventures with The Harlem Globetrotters and other celebrities on the New Scooby Doo Movies.  This has the potential to be spectacular!
If this isn't WWE "jumping the shark" I don't know what is.....
" height="110" class="bbc_img resized" style="cursor: pointer;

Offline NashaWriter

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 276
  • Watch what you say MONKEY BOY!
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2012, 07:35:31 PM »
Anyone else have that.....sense of loss feeling when they realize their favorite show will no longer be coming on at it's usual time/date?

For the first time in eight years, I will not be looking forward to the 'House M.D" season premier. I've made myself sad.
No Matter Where you go, there you are.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2012, 05:03:24 AM »
I know that feel...

pretty much ANY time a new show that I like is on FOX.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2012, 05:50:19 AM »
I know that feel...

pretty much ANY time a new show that I like is on FOX.

That is why I trust AMC and FX these days rather than the 4 "lets put on stupid shows and cancel the good ones" networks.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2012, 06:06:58 AM »
This is one of the big reasons that I really don;t watch TV; it's easier to watch the complete series boxset of so many shows rather than hunt for them in the schedule and then not find them at all.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2012, 05:10:03 PM »
The Office is finally going to be ending.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/season-9-to-be-the-last-for-the-office/
“This will be the last season of The Office, the series’ developer/executive producer Greg Daniels just announced. Daniels, who ran the veteran NBC comedy from season one through five and has returned for the upcoming season nine, made the announcement on a conference call this morning. “It was a hard decision but this is going to be a real gangbuster season,” added Daniels. The producer stressed that creative closure was the primary reason behind the decision to end the series. “Certainly we’re not leaving for any reason other than that one,” said Daniels. “This year feels like the last chance” for The Office to have “an artistic ending.” With The Office still ranking as NBC’s highest-rated scripted series, Daniels said he feared the network might want to “cling to it” when he approached NBC executives with the idea of ending the show. “It’s actually a big surprise to me that NBC was so supportive of this decision,” he said. “We all had a lot of passion for it and persuaded them.”

The Emmy-winning comedy struggled to recover from the exit of its leading man Steve Carell at the end of Season 7. After his anointed successor James Spader exited this May, word was that Daniels had a plan to reboot the long-running series heading into Season 9, which premieres Sept. 20. The series was able to secure its core cast, with Ed Helms, John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer all coming back, joined by Rainn Wilson, who will reprise his role with an eye toward jumping onto spinoff The Farm, which the actor created with former Office showrunner Paul Lieberstein.

Daniels said that a lot of stories would be wrapped up and the identity of the documentary camera crew that been filming the employees of Scranton, Penn. would be revealed. To bookend the series, Daniels said he wanted to get Ken Kwapis, who directed the pilot, to also direct the finale. “There is so much to pay off from nine seasons of great characters and the core cast are all going to be there,” he said. “Now that we know we have an end date, we can take some chances and blow things up.”

As for Carell and his character Michael Scott, “we certainly wish Michael Scott would return,” Daniels said. “But we’re not going to put pressure on Steve to write something only he could do.” Daniels wouldn’t be pinned down on any specifics on Carell or the end of The Office. “We’ll see, we haven’t written anything, we just have some ideas for the ending,” he said.

The Office joins NBC’s other Emmy-winning Thursday comedy series, 30 Rock, which also will end its run this coming season after the final 13 episodes. The Office has a full-season 22-episode order.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7353
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2012, 01:29:48 PM »
so remember how seth green was making a star wars tv show...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-yRNXFhboBI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-yRNXFhboBI</a>

yeah...  :speechless:
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2012, 01:36:18 PM »
Wow, whats the point?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2012, 01:37:13 PM »
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3892
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2012, 02:00:40 PM »
Well I got a chuckle or two out of it. Looks hit-and-miss, like its cousin, Robot Chicken...

Offline a pretty girl is like

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 450
  • I hast had enow of thine effrontery!
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2012, 03:17:07 PM »
More like Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Eh-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Meh-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Hit-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss.
I'm all out for kicks...and every inch of me spells EXCITEMENT!

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2012, 03:23:06 PM »
More like Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Eh-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Meh-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Hit-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss-Miss.

i might agree with you. i just need to find a pen, paper, and the pause button to be sure.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5529
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2012, 09:03:40 PM »
Voice of 'Sesame Street's' The Count dies at 78

Puppeteer Jerry Nelson, famous for lending his voice to Muppets on “Sesame Street,” “The Muppet Show” and “Fraggle Rock,” died Thursday, according to People. He was 78.

The cast and crew of “Sesame Street,” and the staff of Sesame Workshop, released the following statement in memoriam: “A member of the ‘Sesame Street’ family for more than 40 years, [Nelson] will forever be in our hearts and remembered for the artistry in his puppetry, his music, and the laughter he brought to children worldwide…”

Nelson is, perhaps, best recognized as the voice of Count von Count, a friendly vampire with an unmistakable laugh and an affinity for numbers