login

Author Topic: "The Crater Lake Monster" Now Available!!!  (Read 5572 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
"The Crater Lake Monster" Now Available!!!
« on: May 25, 2011, 09:48:01 AM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/crater-lake-monster

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cnUwfoAu9Ps?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cnUwfoAu9Ps?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Are you a giant, cheaply-made monster looking for a nice place to terrorize? Your search is over: Crater Lake is the spot for you! Get your limp rubbery body down here, you’ll be feasting on mustachioed creeps quicker than you can say “AaaUUurgghh, I’m a monster!!” This small, sleepy community has everything you’re looking for. A sheriff who will refuse to believe in you until it’s too late. Uptight scientists that DO believe in you, for the sheriff to ignore. A pair of drunken hicks to provide aimless, misguided comic relief, and also be ignored by the sheriff. All this, and random unlikable tourists for you to snack on along the way! Just avoid choking to death on all the hideous 1970s facial hair, and you’ll have the time of your life.

Mike, Kevin, and Bill became the laughingstock of the scientific community for their fervent belief in The Crater Lake Monster. But they’ll show them, yes, soon they’ll show them all!!

http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/crater-lake-monster

ENJOY!

EDIT: File format verification - The VOD option is for those who want a video file that can be downloaded and watched on your computer.
                                                      (Gives you mp4, mpg, divx, and wmv file options)
                                                    - The download to burn option is for those who want to burn the movie to a DVD and watch it from that. It contains an
                                                       ISO that needs to be burned to a disc or mounted to be viewed.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:11:33 AM by Thrashalla »
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Re: "The Crater Lake Monster" Now Available!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:19:07 PM »
I am looking forward to this and am watching my download tell me I have a couple hours left.  I have a feeling I'll be watching this tomorrow.... No worries. Fun is fun when it's fun.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline CJones

• Liked: 733
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 12:52:34 PM »
Watching right now (too impatient for D2B).

Wow, this movie should have been called The Two Crater Lake Rednecks. The movie seems to focus most of it's attention on these two dumbasses. And I was pretty much sick of them after the first 10 seconds of them being on screen.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:18:40 PM »
Be watching this tonight! ;D

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 04:49:33 PM »
Can you get the source and riff audio files with the burnable DVD image?

I want to get the best quality video AND the ability to mix my own audio if I'm not thrilled with the provided mix. In the past, you only got the audio files if you bought the VOD but the download to burn option had better quality video.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 04:51:48 PM »

I want to get the best quality video AND the ability to mix my own audio if I'm not thrilled with the provided mix. In the past, you only got the audio files if you bought the VOD but the download to burn option had better quality video.

The mpg2 VOD was encoded at a similar bitrate as the D2B (actually, the same - but with different software, so I can't call it exactly the same in quality)
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 04:53:42 PM »

The mpg2 VOD was encoded at a similar bitrate as the D2B (actually, the same - but with different software, so I can't call it exactly the same in quality)

Cool. Thanks!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 05:23:46 PM »
Glad to read about the "big" mpg2!

I like to convert those via dvdflick to DVDs as well

Offline CJones

• Liked: 733
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 05:48:47 PM »
THIS IS A FULL COCK SITUATION!

I'm embarrassed at how hard I laughed at that.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 10:01:54 PM »
Downloaded - will hopefully be watching it tonight!
FINE

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 05:06:47 PM »
I was very happy with the audio mix, BTW (if anyone cares).

Just out of curiousity, why no widescreen? Is the full screen version the only public domain version?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 05:22:38 AM by eegah »

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »
The video quality on the 4x3 was way better than the widescreen versions that we saw, so we went with that.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 10:11:53 AM »
The video quality on the 4x3 was way better than the widescreen versions that we saw, so we went with that.

This is one of the movies that is better off never being seen in HD either.   The ugly face quotient is too high.

The MPG coverted to a DVD (using DVD Flick) came out looking very good.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 10:14:13 AM »

This is one of the movies that is better off never being seen in HD either.   The ugly face quotient is too high.

The MPG coverted to a DVD (using DVD Flick) came out looking very good.
I just used Nero 9 to burn the ISO file and yeah, it was quite good quality wise.. Unlike the plot of this movie :scared: