Author Topic: Theme songs  (Read 709 times)

Offline Cassandra1982

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Theme songs
« on: May 06, 2011, 12:09:03 AM »
What has happened to all the intros?  I mean who can hear the first 2 seconds of the Buffy theme song and not know what it is from?  It was epic.  I used to love hearing the theme song to The Gilmore Girls, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dawsons Creek (which if you buy the seasons is replaced by some shitty thing that no one ever heard in their whole life and then comes back for the last episode), Roswell... wait... I am sure there are some that did not happen on the WB... Fullhouse, Saved by the Bell, Kids Incorporated. 

Trueblood is a new one that has one.  Big Love had one and then changed it to something else.  Gray's Anatomy had one, but shortened it to nothing, so did Desperate House Wives.  '

Can you imagine watching Buffy, or Sailormoon and not hearing the theme song?  It would not be the same at all. 

I remember watching the first episode of Lost and thinking, was that the theme song?  The word Lost floating to whispy nothings?  I think they all just would rather us watch commercials so they can make more money than make the effort of coming up with something as epic as some that I have mentioned.  Anyone have any thoughts or other theme songs that made a hit?

Doctor Who?

Re: Theme songs
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 02:22:41 AM »
Yeah I miss the days of the good theme song.  The theme is what got me interested in a lot of shows I like to begin with.  I didn't watch the first episode of An Unearthly Child on purpose,it was just this weird theme tune that came on one night after Red Dwarf and I stuck with the first episode just because the theme tune was so interesting.

Sadly there is a good reason the theme tune is going away.  Networks keep cutting more and more time out of shows to make room for adds so the producers have less time to tell a story in and it gets harder and harder to tell a story well so if they can get 30 to 90 seconds back just by not playing a theme tune they are going to do it.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5177
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 02:10:23 PM »

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 04:34:49 PM »
NCIS has one of the worst theme songs ever.  Its not that its bad, its just generic and forgettable, wich can be worse than bad.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.