Author Topic: Someone remade this?  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Gran

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
Someone remade this?
« on: May 01, 2011, 06:14:01 PM »
http://www.crmlearning.com/remember-me

And that's the 3rd edition...

Offline vampirehunter42

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Arvel Crynyd A-wing pilot
Re: Someone remade this?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 10:30:02 PM »
Wow, looks like with just a few edits you can run the riff off of that one. The clips were word for word yet worse 'acting'/
Some of my favorite 'Things to Remember When I Become Evil Overlord'
56. My Legions of Terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 06:54:21 PM »
You know, I deal with customers a lot too and the guy in this short is a self-involved ass. He seems to think he's the center of the world. Many of his "encounters" through the short aren't the problem of bad customer service but him simply being unreasonable.  Let's address them one-by-one.

1. Garage Attendant: He goes to pick his car up at the garage and is told his car isn't ready yet and to come back the following day.  So... what's the problem here? His car was probably at the "end of the line" to get fixed and they ran out of time. Stuff happens.  Next time don't drive a Plymouth Horizon. ;) Or better yet show up early enough to be in the head of the line to get your car fixed. I've had to leave my car over night plenty of times because, hey, stuff happens they have to fix the cars in a particular order and your number wasn't up.  What, are they supposed to say, "Hey! That's John's car! Put him at the head of the line and do it right now!"

2. The Bank Teller: He goes into the bank (I didn't know you could go in those things!) to do some... banking he couldn't do at the ATM (;)) and get upset because the teller doesn't recognize him right away, asks for ID and seems to check on it or something with the bank manager. .... So?  I'd pay EXTRA to have a bank that worried about my security to not just take me at "face value."  What, is the teller supposed to remember the name and face of all of her customers and never check for ID or other information?  (We don't know why she talks to the manager) I see the same customers every week and they often get the same things but I still ask them and all of that to be sure rather than assuming.  If I was required to check for ID I'd do it for people even if I know them (or their age, whatever) for sure. She can't remember every detail about everyone.

3. The Supermarket Checker: This one I can "almost' see where he's coming from but at the same time... At the moment the checker pulls the chain he's flipping through a magazine, not exactly looking like he's ready to advance in the lane and check out.  And, well, for all he knows the checker's been standing there for 6 hours and her break-time is up, or she's been at work for 8 or 9 hours and it's time for her to clock-out.  These people are people too who aren't there to stand there for your every whim at the cost of getting 30 minutes to eat or finally get to go home.   The checker maybe should have asked if he was ready, apologized and said she needed to close the lane, sure, but this guy has a real sense of entitlement.

4. The Clothing Store Salesman:  As the salesman said (granted a bit rudely) he was ALREADY WITH A CUSTOMER! What, is he supposed to ignore the customer he's already helping in order to help our short-"hero" wouldn't that tick off the other guy to see HIS service cast aside to help someone else.  Talk about entitlement.

5. The Copy-Machine Repairman: Fixing 1980s technology that was probably considered dark magic at the time takes time. Heck, it takes time today. Sometimes it takes longer to fix things than expected and precise times cannot be given. The machine is broken, they're trying to fix it but it's tough and not magic. Cope.

6. The Rental-Car Counter: It's a fact of any business where reservations are made is that you "overbook" to ensure 100% use of your goods/services. With the possible exception of restaurants who can take walk-ins every reservation-based business is based on this idea. Rental car companies do it to ensure that their cars are 100% on the road at all times because if a car is sitting on their lot not doing anything it's costing them money.  Everyone else who had reserved a car had simply gotten theirs first. The agency did what they could to accommodate him with what vehicle they had left to lend, they likely still gave him the rate of the cheaper class of vehicle he reserved.  Crap happens, guy, deal with it.

7. The Hotel Room Service: Okay, I'll give the guy this. It was a dick-move on the part of the hotel's room-service to both lose his order AND for the guy on the phone to hang-up on him after saying breakfast wasn't being served anymore.  There's no excuses here, really. Orders get lost, sure, but they could have maybe offered to make it up for him anyway or at the very least see if he wanted a lunch order instead.

8. The Luggage Carousel: I'm not sure what happened here... The airline I guess messed up his luggage but I'm not sure how and it's not like it's a personal attack. ... Crap happens?  Next time lock your luggage (assuming you're flying pre-9/11 and TSA)?  This is hardly a "bad customer service" thing and more of a "airlines always have sucked at baggage handling."

At the end of the short he gives the lot/garage he bought his car/gets it worked on a "thumbs down" for the service department.  Knowing this guy they likely left his glove-box open or, I dunno, didn't get his car fixed at the exact time he needed it or something.

Offline Gran

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 02:54:11 PM »
I disagree on #2.  That teller was wasting everyone's time flirting with the guy at the counter.  And she was kinda pissy with her "NEXT!".  Neither behavior was professional or showed good customer service.

Offline Gran

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 03:00:51 PM »
Gotta disagree on #5 as well.  What if the guy's business depends on a working photocopier?  Just say "oh well" like the repairman?  I would be on the phone with the repairman's boss : "Either you supply me with a working machine NOW or I'll find someone else who will."

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 10:10:01 AM »
I disagree on #2.  That teller was wasting everyone's time flirting with the guy at the counter.  And she was kinda pissy with her "NEXT!".  Neither behavior was professional or showed good customer service.

Perhaps, but she's also talking to another customer what is she supposed to to? Tell him to shove off?  Her next was a "bit" pissy but maybe she used to work at the DMV? 

Gotta disagree on #5 as well.  What if the guy's business depends on a working photocopier?  Just say "oh well" like the repairman?  I would be on the phone with the repairman's boss : "Either you supply me with a working machine NOW or I'll find someone else who will."

Still, things take time to fix and sometimes can be out of a business' control on what it takes too fix.  Maybe it was an old copier with hard-to-find out of production parts? Or had multiple problems that couldn't be fixed in one go.  Besides, it obviously wasn't central to the business if it had gone more than a week without it.  It's also not that lone repairman's fault he couldn't fix the machine in a certain amount of time.  Things take time to fix, like with his car. Things go wrong, unexpected things happen, parts are hard to get, other customers need service too.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 10:19:06 AM »

Still, things take time to fix and sometimes can be out of a business' control on what it takes too fix.  Maybe it was an old copier with hard-to-find out of production parts? Or had multiple problems that couldn't be fixed in one go.  Besides, it obviously wasn't central to the business if it had gone more than a week without it.  It's also not that lone repairman's fault he couldn't fix the machine in a certain amount of time.  Things take time to fix, like with his car. Things go wrong, unexpected things happen, parts are hard to get, other customers need service too.

Yeah, if a copier is so vital to everyday business and you don't have a backup or proper service plan then it's not really the repair guys fault.  For as long as I've been here they replace the copiers every 5 years or so, and have service plans on them, most of the time they are fixed in one day but sometimes it does take longer.

Offline Gran

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 03:56:25 PM »
Perhaps, but she's also talking to another customer what is she supposed to to? Tell him to shove off?

YES (not in those exact words, though).  Not talking, flirting.  Their business has concluded and now they're both wasting the valuable time of everyone else waiting in line.

Yeah, if a copier is so vital to everyday business and you don't have a backup or proper service plan then it's not really the repair guys fault.

True enough, but what if they do have a service plan and the repair guy is just a slacker? ;)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:04:23 PM by Gran »