login

Author Topic: Top Gear  (Read 4872 times)

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
Re: Top Gear
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2010, 07:42:32 AM »
Yeah, I was rooting for them, but it just didn't feel right. It did make me think of the funniest set-up for a challenge on the UK version; have a race where Clarkson is driving and May is his navigator.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2010, 11:00:08 AM »
yeah, that would have been entertaining to see.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2010, 01:03:07 PM »
it just felt pretty boring compared to the original, like most american remakes of british shows. also, there was no "some say..." in the stig's intro. :-\

edit: i chuckled and smirked a few times, but never laughed like with the boys.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:14:27 PM by goflyblind »
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2010, 03:59:19 PM »
Anybody have any idea why they would cut the fantastic Ayrton Senna film from the iTunes version?

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2010, 04:53:57 AM »
I think I heard it was cut for a reason or something...can't remember why though. It was a good tribute and I have no clue why they'd cut it. They also edit the music for copyright reasons on some of the releases (which totally ruins the point of some scenes like the "car trim drum solo" bit from the British Leyland challenge)

I didn't watch the US version and after hearing the general consensus was "it's shit" I have my doubts about watching it now. And the fact that the second episode has them ripping off the aforementioned British Leyland challenge (the part where they fill the cars with water) is utterly unacceptable.

Also they should have blown up the Viper with the heli because the newer ones look like ass, but that's just my opinion.
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2010, 06:38:16 AM »
I think I heard it was cut for a reason or something...can't remember why though. It was a good tribute and I have no clue why they'd cut it. They also edit the music for copyright reasons on some of the releases (which totally ruins the point of some scenes like the "car trim drum solo" bit from the British Leyland challenge)

I didn't watch the US version and after hearing the general consensus was "it's shit" I have my doubts about watching it now. And the fact that the second episode has them ripping off the aforementioned British Leyland challenge (the part where they fill the cars with water) is utterly unacceptable.

Also they should have blown up the Viper with the heli because the newer ones look like ass, but that's just my opinion.

I don't think the History Channel has the money to blow up Vipers, and while we're on the subject...they couldn't find any network better than the History Channel?

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2010, 01:29:07 PM »

I don't think the History Channel has the money to blow up Vipers, and while we're on the subject...they couldn't find any network better than the History Channel?
Well, they could talk about old cars...

...no, I have no fucking idea why they picked History.
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2010, 02:31:41 PM »
it doesnt really matter, this show will be off the air after the 1st season

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2011, 05:22:06 PM »
yeah, the reason they made this show and the reason it is doomed to fail is because of its immense popularity.  They need to make it their own and try some new things.  There was an episode where they did the exact same challenges that the UK guys did in the BL show.  They also need to develop some chemistry between the hosts.

Exactly.  It has it's occasional funny moments, but it's like The Office.  After Season 1 of the US version when they stopped doing exact clones of the UK series it got better.  (Now I just hope it ends soon.)

Just watched the first couple episodes of Season 2 (Top Gear USA).  It's much better than Season 1.  Still not as good as the UK show, but I am enjoying it far more now.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2011, 07:16:05 PM »
Well that's good to know, K1.  Although I've got a lot of other shows to go through before I think about giving it another chance.  It may happen.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2011, 05:53:02 PM »
Oh man this season of the US one is great.

Next week they're going to see what types of vehicles can and can't be drifted.