Author Topic: Shout! releasing old Nick shows  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 18
Shout! releasing old Nick shows
« on: April 10, 2011, 08:12:59 AM »
Apparently Shout! Factory is releasing old Nickelodeon cartoons on DVD, starting with The Wild Thornberrys...and in the works are DVDs of Danny Phantom, Aaah! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, and one of my all time favorite shows, Hey Arnold!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wild-Thornberrys-Season-1-Press-Release/15153

The fact that we're going to finally see a proper DVD release of Hey Arnold! makes me happy. More people deserve to see it.
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

spaceforarent

Re: Shout! releasing old Nick shows
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 12:48:40 PM »
Most, if not all of those, are streaming on Netflix. Still cool to see them getting proper releases though. Now I just hope Cartoon Network shows continue to get released, after they did one season of Courage, Dexter, and Johnny Bravo each last year.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 12:54:37 PM »
I wish Shout! could get the rights to Celebrity Deathmatch, and release that on DVD.

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 01:31:08 PM »
Thing is, they could add some interesting extras. I know Hey Arnold! has some material they could include like the Nicksclusive bit where they showed the kid actors in the studio and the pilot episode that was aired with Harriet the Spy.
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3206
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »
I'm just waiting with bated breath to find out whether Rocko's Modern Life will be uncut. They've already announced that they'll do the full first season, which implies they'll offered episodes that have been cut for one reason or another over time, but I hope the episodes themselves will be uncut...

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 08:01:20 PM »
Wonder if we'll ever get that 3rd season of Pete and Pete on DVD.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 09:37:12 AM »
I'm just waiting with bated breath to find out whether Rocko's Modern Life will be uncut. They've already announced that they'll do the full first season, which implies they'll offered episodes that have been cut for one reason or another over time, but I hope the episodes themselves will be uncut...

I'm hoping for this as well. The bootlegs I have have some cuts in them, so I really need something that's got absolutely everything (even this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2MlMyrcUjY).

As for Hey Arnold!, I'm happy for the release (its status on Netflix Instant notwithstanding).

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 12:55:02 PM »
Hoping for Angry Beavers.  The sets on Amazon aren't complete seasons & they're VERY expensive.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 204
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 01:07:19 PM »

I'm hoping for this as well. The bootlegs I have have some cuts in them, so I really need something that's got absolutely everything (even this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2MlMyrcUjY).

As for Hey Arnold!, I'm happy for the release (its status on Netflix Instant notwithstanding).

The only Nick shows I ever wanted a good release for are Ren & Stimpy (and from what I understand, the somewhat dubious sets they've already released are the best we'll ever get) and Rocko.  After Ren & Stimpy got canceled, Rocko gave me hope they'd continue making at least one show that was way over the top ridiculous. And then they started screwing with that one, and I gave up on the Nicktoons altogether.   I hear that Spongebob pretty much fills that role now, but other than a few bits here and there, I've never watched that one at all. 

But I'll never forget how hard I laughed at the "Oh, look!  A juic-ah!" bit with the spider in the first episode.  That, and, "It is Suck-o-zilla!  We must flee the city!  No one is safe!"
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.