login

Author Topic: Munchkin  (Read 2785 times)

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
Munchkin
« on: February 09, 2007, 06:47:31 PM »
http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/game/

I thought this would be probably the bsst fourm to post about this card game. I wanted to see if anyone else out here has played it. I myself love them and have almost every version.  My favorite by far though is Star Munchkin, where you can get "Red Shirts" as your side-kick and when your in a pinch and can't kill a monster, you can sacrifice him to the monster to save yourself. Sortof like how all red shirts died in the original Star Trek.  It originally was created to make fun of D&D but they've gone further than that from Star Munchkin to Munchkin Impossible (James Bond, and old Mission Impossible stuff) It's great fun.  I hope there is more than just me out there.   

Offline shortstack

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • There's no coffee in Nilbog.It's the devil's drink
    • Nerd is the Word
Re: Munchkin
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 07:59:33 PM »
Heh. Most of the gaming geeks I know own at least one of the Munchkin decks.  It is indeed quite fun ;)

Now, I wouldn't mind trying out the RPG, despite how silly people claim it is.
"I have no sense of decency...that way my other senses are enhanced."

Offline Hobbit

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 10:55:27 PM »
I've got Munchkin and Super Munchkin, and I've played Munchkin Fu.  So far, my favorite card, at first glance, was 'Thing With A Name So Long There's No Room For A Picture On the Card'
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 10:57:23 PM by Hobbit »

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 07:24:27 AM »
I've got Munchkin and Super Munchkin, and I've played Munchkin Fu.  So far, my favorite card, at first glance, was 'Thing With A Name So Long There's No Room For A Picture On the Card'

lol i forgot about Munchkin Fu.  I love the Hong Kong Thong, and the Hong Kong Kong (King Kong)

Heh. Most of the gaming geeks I know own at least one of the Munchkin decks.  It is indeed quite fun ;)

My younger brother has said that the RPG can be as hillarious as the card game. I still havent played it either, but if i ever do ill be sure to let you know how it goes.

Offline Hobbit

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 10:17:49 AM »

My younger brother has said that the RPG can be as hillarious as the card game. I still havent played it either, but if i ever do ill be sure to let you know how it goes.

I have the books on .pdf.  Mechanically, it's almost just like 3rd edition D&D, except with a bunch of loopholes and intentionally vague rules that allow you to make ultrapowerful characters.  The rest of it is funny jokes and rules for the stuff shown on the various cards (for example, the "Rapier of Unfairness" forces you to roll twice and let your DM pick the result.  What?  You didn't think it would be unfair in YOUR favor, did you?).

Offline The Tick

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 07:49:34 PM »
i love munchkin! it has to be my fav card game, and i cant wait to try out munchkin impossible.
well that is all cya!
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.