Author Topic: Re: What Projects / Tasks do you have going on / to do??  (Read 61164 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5477
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: What Projects / Tasks do you have going on / to do??
« Reply #690 on: December 25, 2018, 08:46:42 AM »

First thing I tested the new sound system on was MST3K's 'Puma Man' on Pluto TV :D :D

You should have tested it with MST3K's The Creeping Terror.
:o I'll add that one to the list as well!
That's the one with this host segment:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/THbKEXBk8X0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/THbKEXBk8X0</a>

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3597
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #691 on: December 25, 2018, 01:07:23 PM »
Just finished ID4 and man was that impressive!!
Christmas decorations and stuff shaking in the living room.. NICE!! ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #692 on: December 27, 2018, 09:07:10 AM »
Work has finally slowed down enough that I finally raked my leaves.. Well most of them..
OK the ones on my decks/porches, brick patios and concrete driveway, so I'd say 2/3rds of them have been raked up :-\

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #693 on: January 06, 2019, 12:19:39 PM »
Work has finally slowed down enough that I finally raked my leaves.. Well most of them..
OK the ones on my decks/porches, brick patios and concrete driveway, so I'd say 2/3rds of them have been raked up :-\
So I get a letter from the city that my 'yard debris' should be put in a yard cart.. They even had the nerve to send me a picture of said debris pile! They want me to purchase a yard cart for $65 dollars and for years I have refused to pay for that, so I just gathered up a bunch of downed branches in my lot next door and added to the pile making it 5 times bigger than it was so the city will have to bring a boom-truck to scoop it up and haul it away..
There's also a leaf pile I've had by my driveway and a leaf truck is supposed to come by but  hasn't come around in weeks so I emailed the city with pics of both the debris pile and leaf piles saying that they need to send the leaf truck and vacuum up the pile at their earliest convenience..
As much as I pay in monthly utility fees and annual property taxes, they can provide that for free or I will never get it (not that I'd ever use it anyway) >:(

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #694 on: January 06, 2019, 12:20:45 PM »
Finally installed my Digital TV Converter Box..
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Lkrvi7x1RGI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Lkrvi7x1RGI</a>

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 232
Re: Re: What Projects / Tasks do you have going on / to do??
« Reply #695 on: January 06, 2019, 01:56:51 PM »
Your city sounds like mine used to be only with recycling.
Last year they finally provided recycling containers and now we use them, but before that you had to purchase a special sticker to put on the trashcan you put your recyclables in or else they'd just dump them with regular trash. Stickers were $25 and were only sold at city hall from 2 to 4 PM every 3rd Tuesday. Tried to buy one a couple of times when we first moved but never went on the right day or times and after a couple attempts gave up despite being warned we would be fined if we didn't sort out recyclables (was never fined).

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #696 on: January 06, 2019, 03:06:46 PM »
Your city sounds like mine used to be only with recycling.
Last year they finally provided recycling containers and now we use them, but before that you had to purchase a special sticker to put on the trashcan you put your recyclables in or else they'd just dump them with regular trash. Stickers were $25 and were only sold at city hall from 2 to 4 PM every 3rd Tuesday. Tried to buy one a couple of times when we first moved but never went on the right day or times and after a couple attempts gave up despite being warned we would be fined if we didn't sort out recyclables (was never fined).
Our city will just tack their fee/fine onto the next months utility bill.
They did this once before a few years ago so now every time I get one of these stupid letters, I'll just add to the pile like I did today or put the 'small yard debris' into the curb for the next rainstorm to just wash it away 8) 

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #697 on: January 08, 2019, 05:45:53 PM »
Thought I was going to have to replace my garbage disposal next weekend and I was dreading it. Kind of simple to do as far as plumbing goes (and I replaced it last 10 years or so ago when the last one went out), but my plumbing projects always end up being a bigger pain in the ass than they should be. But I was able to fix it fairly simply and put off the need to replace it for at least awhile longer.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 371
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #698 on: January 09, 2019, 10:04:33 PM »
I constructed a new book case today to hold more... books... and DVD's. That being done I started switching around my DVD's. I usually keep the mainstream movies in alphabetical order in a book case on the left side of my TV. I started re-arranging like mad and now I'm finding that I am rapidly running out of room again. You know what? I found myself thinking something else... that maybe I have more than enough damn movies, TV shows and maybe at some point enough is enough? I see myself as something of a collector but even I have to admit that one of these days very soon I'm going to have to confine what I buy to be new releases only. I have four book cases full of DVD's/Blu-rays that I've amassed over the past 10-15 years. Maybe I should donate some of my stuff to the library.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #699 on: February 16, 2019, 05:43:25 AM »
Bought these Mr Beams lights from Amazon and they arrived in 2 days :o
Got them installed before the rains arrived..
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6XiGSjpprc8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6XiGSjpprc8</a>

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #700 on: February 21, 2019, 08:26:10 PM »
Calling it a project is a bit much, but...just bought a front loading washing machine and matching dryer. Dryer was fine, but washer shook so much in the final spin cycle that it felt like an earthquake and I feared that it might damage my floor. Considered buying a big anti-vibration pad to put underneath it, but those big rubber pads are damned expensive.
Bought these off Amazon instead:
https://www.amazon.com/Diversitech-MP4-V-Anti-Vibration-Pack/dp/B00BVEMLR4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1550809233&sr=8-3&keywords=anti+vibration+pad
Took just a bit of trial and error to get them situated just right, but made a huge difference. Washer is now much quieter and the floor doesn't shake. Bought 2 sets and put one set under the dryer. Despite dryer not having the same vibration/shake, I wanted them to remain at the same height.   

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2454
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #701 on: February 21, 2019, 10:27:21 PM »
Calling it a project is a bit much, but...just bought a front loading washing machine and matching dryer. Dryer was fine, but washer shook so much in the final spin cycle that it felt like an earthquake and I feared that it might damage my floor. Considered buying a big anti-vibration pad to put underneath it, but those big rubber pads are damned expensive.
Bought these off Amazon instead:
https://www.amazon.com/Diversitech-MP4-V-Anti-Vibration-Pack/dp/B00BVEMLR4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1550809233&sr=8-3&keywords=anti+vibration+pad
Took just a bit of trial and error to get them situated just right, but made a huge difference. Washer is now much quieter and the floor doesn't shake. Bought 2 sets and put one set under the dryer. Despite dryer not having the same vibration/shake, I wanted them to remain at the same height.

Sounds like there might be something wrong with the washer.  Front loaders are supposed to have a few ways of reducing vibration, there is usually a ring filled with liquid that helps balance the tub, also there is usually a big cement block attached somewhere to dampen vibration. 

Did you do the install yourself?  There may be shipping restraints that have to be removed, does the tub bounce around if you push it by hand?  It should be on springs and have a half inch or so of movement.