Author Topic: Re: What Projects / Tasks do you have going on / to do??  (Read 57738 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2362
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: What Projects / Tasks do you have going on / to do??
« Reply #572 on: December 16, 2017, 09:51:16 AM »
I was worried about making things worse but went ahead and did something about all the etch marks on the marble counter top in my bathroom, got some 3000 grit sand paper and used my orbital sander to smooth out the dull etched depressions that were in the shapes of cup and bottle bottoms, then used polishing paste with the spent sandpaper to get the mirror finish back.

Most of the etch marks were in the front of the picture:

When I replace the faucets I'll do the entire top, the faucets have areas of corrosion on them where the protective coating has peeled off, and if you clean the corrosion you get spots of bright brass where the rest is dark oiled color brass.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3494
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #573 on: December 16, 2017, 10:09:55 AM »
That's neat you have a double sink :o

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #574 on: December 16, 2017, 10:31:05 AM »
That's neat you have a double sink :o

Not then I need them....  At first I thought they were a bit small, but I got used to them pretty quickly.  The fact that they don't have overflows does bother me, but I've been so paranoid about it I hardly ever use the stoppers and fill them.  One thing I haven't gotten completely used to living in a 2 story house is having a bathroom where an overflow could ruin the ceiling below...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #575 on: December 16, 2017, 12:17:28 PM »
One thing I haven't gotten completely used to living in a 2 story house is having a bathroom where an overflow could ruin the ceiling below...
Yeah that's a big design flaw there..

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #576 on: December 16, 2017, 02:03:21 PM »
One thing I haven't gotten completely used to living in a 2 story house is having a bathroom where an overflow could ruin the ceiling below...
Yeah that's a big design flaw there..

And since I'm the 2rd owner since it was remodeled I have no idea if the tile floor is well sealed or if a sink or toilet overflow would go right down into the kitchen ceiling and ruin the sheetrock.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #577 on: December 19, 2017, 11:02:30 AM »
So I got my CCTV system back up and running and ran the 50' HDMI & 50' USB cables run from the DVR in the closet to my desk and everything is working flawlessly again.
It's nice to have the exterior cameras on my 22" Vizio I was using for a 3rd monitor but is now a dedicated CCTV monitor as well as Digital Antenna TV for watching football 8)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5368
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #578 on: December 19, 2017, 03:04:47 PM »
So I got my CCTV system back up and running and ran the 50' HDMI & 50' USB cables run from the DVR in the closet to my desk and everything is working flawlessly again.
It's nice to have the exterior cameras on my 22" Vizio I was using for a 3rd monitor but is now a dedicated CCTV monitor as well as Digital Antenna TV for watching football 8)
I trust that when you turned it on, you said "CCTV is ON THE AIR!" and threw a TV out the window.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #579 on: December 19, 2017, 10:44:59 PM »
I trust that when you turned it on, you said "CCTV is ON THE AIR!" and threw a TV out the window.
:rimshot:

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #580 on: December 26, 2017, 01:59:57 PM »
Took all day poking around and drilling and fishing wire but I got an ethernet cable up into my home theater room on the second floor, while I was at it I ran new coax for cable TV as well.   Ran the new coax because the old one took a weird route accross the basement, up the outside of the house and into the second floor there, cable was old and had a lot of splices so I figured it would eventually allow noise ingress and mess up my internet.

Was unable to find an easy path up to the attic so I couldn't get a cable into the room where I have my PC, so stuck with wifi in that room.  To get to my home theater room I was lucky that a closet in that room was over a closet on the first floor, so I was able to use them to run the wires up from the basement.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #581 on: December 27, 2017, 03:19:34 PM »
Today's home improvement project was replacing the bathroom faucets and while they were off sanding and polishing the marble counter top.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #582 on: December 27, 2017, 03:34:59 PM »
Nice! :o
Looks like a fancy hotel bathroom sink

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #583 on: December 27, 2017, 03:39:57 PM »

And I've already stolen the towels and bathrobes.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #584 on: December 27, 2017, 10:58:28 PM »

And I've already stolen the towels and bathrobes.
:D :D