login

Author Topic: The Economic Downturn..  (Read 125628 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 690
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
Re: The Economic Downturn..
« Reply #1095 on: January 15, 2020, 01:50:01 PM »
I’ve always had a hard time with controlling my spending. I’m trying to force myself to accept the fact that I need to do less spending on frivolous stuff that I don’t and never will need and instead spend my money paying off my credit card debts.

I think a lot of people have a love-hate relationship with credit cards. That’s nice you can get the stuff you want right away. However even I am guilty of being blatantly ignorant of things like interest charges. I’ve had all this debt longer than I’ve been disabled. It’s not like credit card companies are gonna let you off the hook for being disabled.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #1096 on: January 20, 2020, 05:34:35 PM »
Had several bad managers in my career. Worst was one whose husband worked at the same company. Hubbie was emailing pictures of his junk to female coworkers (before the days when texting pics was common) and I found out about it, reported him, and he got fired. Hubbie fed some BS story to my boss that she bought and then tried her best to make my life a living hell. Got written up multiple times for incredibly stupid things (got snowed in on a business trip, bought bread and peanut butter at a convenience store because it was the only place open near the hotel during the storm, expensing groceries against company travel policy , so write up; another business trip, stuck at airport overnight, up all night, flew in, went home, showered, but was 15 minutes late, write up: etc.). I worked with clients on the east coast and my typical hours were 5 AM my time to 4 PM. Everyone else in department worked 9 to 6. Boss started calling meeting every day at 5 PM. Only time I ever quit a job without giving notice.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4104
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #1097 on: January 22, 2020, 04:39:51 AM »
So Yesterday was my first day back to work after calling out for my gout issue in my big right toe (posted about this in the RRARRGH thread) and the first thing the idiot manager does is he wants to see my Dr's excuse. No problem, went out to my van and got it. He says "This is not acceptable!" and I say why not? and he says "It needs to state that I am unable to perform my duties" or something to that effect.. The Dr's note states that I am under the Dr's care from 01/17-01/20 2020. The actual rule with the post office is a Dr's excuse is required if you're out of work for 3 or more days, but I got one anyway because I felt like I needed to. And I'm glad I did!
He rambles on about if I want to move up in the post office I need to watch when I call out because calling out before a holiday doesn't look good during a review ::) I couldn't friggin hardly walk ya goof! Despite actually having this medical issue that just happened to fall before a holiday (MLK day), he makes it out like I planned on doing this so I could have a 3 day weekend! All 3 days I had my foot propped up because I still wasn't able to walk very well due to the excruciating pain!
Yeah boss you got me! This was all part of my diabolical plan to have a 3 day weekend...
What a fucking Ass hat!! :grr:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1098 on: January 29, 2020, 12:32:31 PM »
Heard from the EEO rep today and she phoned in the local union shop steward so we could discuss how the investigation will proceed moving forward. It sounds promising despite the fact that EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) violations are more setup towards discrimination but she is aware of the idiot manager's past issues so this will at least be investigated by the HR Department as well as the district manager.
She was going to schedule a meeting when I return from vacation on or after Feb. 18 but then I just received a Jury Duty summons at the local city court on the same day that could last the rest of the week so this will probably have to be pushed to the end of February or early March now but at least things are starting to happen.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1099 on: February 07, 2020, 09:51:52 AM »
Something unrelated to my work rants..
Earth Fare employees file class-action lawsuit against bankrupt grocer
https://www.tampabay.com/news/business/2020/02/06/earth-fare-employees-file-class-action-lawsuit-against-bankrupt-grocer/
There's one just a mile from my house that was just refurbished last year and no one seems to know what's going on there either ???