login

Author Topic: WWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  (Read 231686 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 177
Re: WWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
« Reply #2250 on: November 14, 2018, 10:18:43 AM »
Nice...makes my now ancient 52" plasma seem small.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 10:20:27 AM by wihogfan »

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 294
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #2251 on: November 14, 2018, 12:14:51 PM »
My TV is 10 years old now and it's showing signs that it's giving out so I'm sure within the next year or so I'll probably be getting another. I'm just glad that flat screens have gone down in price considerably over the past several years.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3521
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2252 on: November 14, 2018, 02:43:27 PM »
My 55 inch Vizio is over 8 years old and still works fine but there's distortions on the screen like ripples of sand from water flowing in a stream that are becoming pretty noticeable the last couple of years..
So that was the main reason in getting the extended warranty with this one

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #2253 on: November 14, 2018, 02:56:27 PM »
I had to go look and see when circuit city closed because our plasma TV was bought there just a couple of months before it closed. And dealing with them then (10 years ago), I understand why they closed. They had the best price online for the model I wanted, but wouldn't give me the online price in store. Didn't have a smartphone yet, so had to drive home, order it online, and then go back to the store to pick it uo.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7857
« Reply #2254 on: November 15, 2018, 01:48:08 PM »
Got my early X-mas present this morning..
This 75" Vizio 4k HDTV:
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/75-4k-uhd-smart-120hz-4-hdmi/prod22261075.ip?xid=plp_product_1_2
On Sale for $1199.00 in store! Got the extended 4 year warranty for an additional $125.00.
Can't set it up yet as I need to modify my custom built entertainment center so it can set on top of it. Can't mount it to the wall cause of an existing front window but eventually I will get that removed and walled up so I can add extra wood blocks for future mounting braces but once I add a couple of 6 foot 2 x 8 yellow pine boards and stain them cherry color to match, that will suffice for a while 8)

RVR: Removing windows to the outside world for BIGGER TV

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2255 on: November 15, 2018, 03:17:20 PM »
Got my early X-mas present this morning..
This 75" Vizio 4k HDTV:
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/75-4k-uhd-smart-120hz-4-hdmi/prod22261075.ip?xid=plp_product_1_2
On Sale for $1199.00 in store! Got the extended 4 year warranty for an additional $125.00.
Can't set it up yet as I need to modify my custom built entertainment center so it can set on top of it. Can't mount it to the wall cause of an existing front window but eventually I will get that removed and walled up so I can add extra wood blocks for future mounting braces but once I add a couple of 6 foot 2 x 8 yellow pine boards and stain them cherry color to match, that will suffice for a while 8)

RVR: Removing windows to the outside world for BIGGER TV
The window is old and rotten anyway. Might as well get rid of it altogether to make way for my mini-theater 8)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 03:26:02 PM by RVR II »

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 333
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #2256 on: December 06, 2018, 12:09:02 PM »
Few good things this week. When I got paid, one of the first things I did was get a gym membership, and I've been using that this week now that I'm more or less recovered from my wisdom teeth removal. I'm going to try and build habits slowly this time, because no rush, right? This week, I've been focusing on my workout routine and actually going to the gym. Next week, I'm going to mark down everything I eat to just get into that habit. Then after those are down, I'm going to start the dieting.

Onto the next one, I've been taking microbiology and the accompanying lab this semester. The final in the lab was awesome. We were given a bacteria, and we had to go through all of our differential tests that we've been doing over the semester to figure out what bacteria we were given, and I fucking NAILED IT. Staphylococcus epidermis will forever be my favourite bacteria.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #2257 on: December 07, 2018, 07:08:11 PM »
Started my new job this week after not working for almost 10 months. When you're not working (or you have a job when you have to work weekends), you forget how great weekends are. One of the greatest things about my new job is that the set hours are 8a-5p, Monday through Friday. In reality, I have already been and will continue to work more hours than that. But at my last job I regularly worked 5a-5p, Monday through Friday, came home and spent an hour or two a night responding to emails, and spent 4 to 12 hours every weekend working online/responding to emails. Since no one at me new job works past about 6 PM or weekends, when my workday ends, I'm done and my weekends are my own.
So my WWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!! is that I started my first weekend off tonight (wife is working until midnight-she works retail), cleaned the house (with 3 dogs this was something I was doing every other day before I started working again, so a good cleaning was needed), made a batch of homemade chicken wings, and now I'm vegging out with some homebrew and TV. So nothing exciting, but time off that I've taken for granted the last 10 months feels great despite enjoying my new job. and I'm looking forward to making a big pot of chili tomorrow and watching the Army/Navy game.   

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2258 on: December 08, 2018, 05:52:03 AM »
Working at the USPS, I have no weekends off anymore :( The mail must travel!
My hours change so frequently I have to write it down and scribble out old hours and write in new ones. Today my hours changed from a 12 hour split shift to 10am-6pm and instead of 4am-until on Sunday it's 3am until the job is done :-\
This Winter storm moving into my locale this weekend will cause havoc with the mail coming out of Charlotte for Monday and possibly Tuesday so my schedule will change some more once again :-[
But I am still Very Grateful to have this job! ;D

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2397
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2259 on: December 08, 2018, 06:16:12 AM »
I'm looking forward to making a big pot of chili tomorrow and watching the Army/Navy game.

Forgot that was today, guess I won't be going over to NJ this afternoon, I've been stuck before when they shut down I95 for presidential security.  They never announce exactly when it's happening so you can't plan around it.

In the past I've gone by the game when the president didn't attend, for many years the corners of the stadium were not finished and you could see into it while on the highway, it was always weird to see the stadium full but all grey, not the usual mix of green clothing for an Eagles game.  Temple also has their games there but the stadium is never full for those.  Now the stadium is completely done and covered with solar panels you can't see in from I95 any more.