login

Author Topic: Good anime  (Read 41012 times)

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Re: Good anime
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2014, 06:56:22 PM »
Just got a copy of Broken Saints for a couple of bucks. Anyone familiar with this? is it any good?
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 171
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2014, 08:49:36 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ShzmzcJM7QI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ShzmzcJM7QI</a>
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:51:08 PM by MightyBombJack »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4599
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2014, 05:43:07 PM »
Cowboy BeBop 

OK... now there's a 'standard' version of BeBop coming to Blu-ray.  This will not contain whatever the 'extras' were in the Deluxe Amazon-Exclusive set (still no info what those 'extras' are, whether music CDs, or toys of the assorted ships, or what).

Currently the standard set (link is above, in blue) is $41.99.  The Amazon Exclusive set, when first available for pre-order was $69.99 (and is now $89.99).  So if you want the standard set, you might want to pre-order now, as Amazon has a tendency to set initial price WAY too low, and quite often the sets never get back down to that absurdly low price.

Personally, I pre-ordered the Amazon Exclusive set when it first went up, and just ordered this one.  Depending what the extras are, I'll cancel one or the other when it gets closer to the release date.  [i.e. if it is music not released on the other BeBop CDs I have, I may keep it, if it is toys, likely not]

[NOTE: cross-posted to The Blu-Ray Thread]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:46:30 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 130
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2014, 08:17:11 PM »
Gotta love Bebop, one of the greats! One of the first anime series I got on DVD back in 2000, along with Rurouni Kenshin.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4599
« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2014, 08:46:47 PM »
OK - found what appears to be the differences between the 'standard' and the 'Amazon Exclusive' Cowboy BeBop sets:

The standard edition [HERE] is just the four Blu-rays that contain the series (with whatever extras fit on the discs).

The Amazon Exclusive edition [HERE] is the four Blu-rays that contain the series (with whatever extras fit on the discs), plus DVDs of the series (newly mastered, as there's only five of them, versus the six when they were the 'Session' collection), and the following: "Limited Edition clamshell art box", "140 page black and white art book featuring early concept sketches and designs that highlight Cowboy Bebop’s origins", and finally, a "48 page vibrant, full-color art book".

So, there you have it.  Hope that helps anyone considering the set in either form.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:23:20 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2014, 09:03:16 PM »
Gotta love Bebop, one of the greats! One of the first anime series I got on DVD back in 2000, along with Rurouni Kenshin.

Ah, you're a member of the 30 bucks a disc club!  I actually miss those days! The awesome box sets,   tons of goodies and excellent resolution.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 130
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2014, 04:56:03 PM »

Ah, you're a member of the 30 bucks a disc club!  I actually miss those days! The awesome box sets,   tons of goodies and excellent resolution.

For sure, fun time to be fan! Lots of great 90s shows etc, it was like somebody opened the floodgates and every anime ever was available all of a sudden.  ;D

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 618
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2014, 01:54:40 AM »
From CDJapan.co.jp:
If you live in Los Angeles, don't miss your chance by trying to meet Hayao Miyazaki as he will accept his honorary Academy Award during the Governor's Award ceremony tomorrow (Saturday)!!!

From Me: Damn!  I wish I could meet him!
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2014, 03:34:29 AM »
Miku Fan! I was talking with my niece over thanksgiving turkey about AI and the Stephen Hawking prophesy that the invention of AI would be the end of our species.

But, I pointed out to her, as you would be interested... that that idea is purely a Western one, born from the European mythology of Frankenstein. In Japan and other areas of the far east, the idea of AI or intelligent robots is a welcome idea.

In Japan, the robot is always the hero, the helper. In the West, we fear the AI, for we insist it will rebel against us.

How badly must we in the West view ourselves that if we create a mind in our own image it would destroy us? I think Japan has the healthier outlook.

Swipe might want to chime in on this, too.

Unfortunately, my niece said, "Uh-Huh! I like the new Galaxy Tab!" she's pretty but not too bright. 'Course when you are as pretty as she is, you don't need to be bright.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4365
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2014, 07:02:18 PM »

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #191 on: December 14, 2014, 07:35:34 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tr0huMgqAlQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Tr0huMgqAlQ</a>
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4365
« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2015, 02:24:27 PM »

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2015, 07:44:48 PM »