Author Topic: Good anime  (Read 42613 times)

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 140
  • We are the road crew!
Re: Good anime
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2013, 12:53:57 PM »
That image is a work of art, I don't even remember that GiTS episode but it seems like it was quite the saga.  ;D

Ah yes anime, Hajime No Ippo: Rising is some fun stuff right now, and I always always dig me some One Piece.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2013, 09:05:35 PM »
Did you see Madoka Magica?  Did you think it was a good series with great characters? 

Do you like money?

Well good news, you can save some by not going to see the horrible new movie that ruins it all!

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4509
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2013, 06:46:16 PM »

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2013, 02:13:03 PM »

I would sleep with all of them... except for #6. That one's just creepy.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2013, 11:30:47 PM »
I don't know much about anime, but I love cowboy bebop. I love the art design and the animation, especially of the backgrounds and atmosphere. The worlds the show creates feel very real and lived in. Beautiful cinematography (or whatever you call it in animation).

Can anyone recommend another anime with the same caliber of art and animation?  Not necesarily stuff that just looks cool, but images that feel real and human.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2014, 04:55:22 PM »
I recommend Darker Than Black. To anyone and everyone.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2014, 06:29:29 PM »
Picture of the Juppongatana from the second Rurouni Kenshin live action film.

If it follows the first one, it should be pretty good, or better given it's doing the Kyoto arc.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2014, 06:37:08 PM »
I don't know much about anime, but I love cowboy bebop. I love the art design and the animation, especially of the backgrounds and atmosphere. The worlds the show creates feel very real and lived in. Beautiful cinematography (or whatever you call it in animation).

Can anyone recommend another anime with the same caliber of art and animation?  Not necesarily stuff that just looks cool, but images that feel real and human.

Cowboy BeBop was what got me to give anime' a try (after a life where what I'd been exposed to was largely Gigantor and Astroboy as a kid and then Speed Racer as a teen [I actually counted the number of grunts in a Speed Racer episode once... it was something over 120 in one 23 minute episode ::)]).

I would recommend two very different shows: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (and GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, same show, second season); then the very-different-from-either-that-or-BeBop, but absolutely beautifully done, Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit.  Both of those not only have the same caliber of art and animation, but neither has cute animal companions or eyes in the '5'-plus range on the chart just above. :)  [Those, with BeBop, are the only anime' I've paid money to own, Moribito on blu, the GitS:SAC and BeBop on DVD until those two are available at reasonable cost on blu.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2014, 06:50:38 PM »
If you enjoyed Bebop you should give Outlaw Star a try.  I'd call it a less polished Bebop and a little less mature in it's story telling but quite fun.  Also check out Trigun, which is another great one. 

Heck, combine these three shows together and you basically have "Firefly"

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2014, 11:08:55 PM »
Outlaw star was fun. Would watch that on toonami after school. But I mostly remember having a 13 year old crush on Aisha.

I'll give Moribito a shot when I have some time. I've seen an episode or two of ghosts in the shell and I don't remember being impressed. But i might revisit that as well. Thanks for the recommendations!

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2014, 09:51:32 AM »
This all just reminded me that I've owned the Black Lagoon OVA on my shelf for a month now, and I've yet to watch it!

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2014, 11:01:12 AM »
What if Star Wars had been a 1980s anime?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0hU6PDrXco?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/u0hU6PDrXco?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2014, 05:44:29 PM »
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-31/sword-art-online-
ii-tv-anime-to-launch-in-2014

"A new Sword Art Online television anime, Sword Art Online II, will launch in 2014. The announcement was made during Tuesday's premiere of the Sword Art Online: Extra Edition special and on the franchise's updated website. The website gives the new arc the subtitle "Phantom Bullet." More details will be announced on the site."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K0Ghr_rbJmQ
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3204
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2014, 10:43:50 PM »
So that Space Dandy show by the creators behind Cowboy Bebop starts airing Saturday on Adult Swim. Been a while since I've picked up a new Anime. This one looks like fun.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2014, 11:43:55 AM »
So that Space Dandy show by the creators behind Cowboy Bebop starts airing Saturday on Adult Swim. Been a while since I've picked up a new Anime. This one looks like fun.

Planning to check that out myself. If it's half as good as Cowboy Bebop, I'll be happy.