login

Author Topic: MST3K Vol XXI: All Five Gamera Films!  (Read 17481 times)

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
MST3K Vol XXI: All Five Gamera Films!
« on: November 11, 2010, 12:57:54 PM »
According to Shout Factory's Brian Ward on the SF Discussion Board:

Okay, here's the thing...

I firmly believe that with Turkey Day will come the announcement of XXI. However, we're waiting on something getting signed first. If that hasn't happened by then, I have a back-up announcement that's also pretty friggin' sweet. So 90% sure it'll be the announcement of XXI.

There must be some big time major titles in Vol XXI for them to break their usual pattern of announcing episodes for future volumes.  I'm excited!    ;D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:13:49 PM by James of LinHood »
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: MST3K Vol XXI: Titles (Hopefully) to be Announced on Turkey Day!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 01:00:03 PM »
Can't wait!

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »
I'm really trying not to get my hopes up.  But, man, is it hard when Brian himself seems so pumped for Vol XXI.  I wonder if the back-up announce has to do with them signing a deal with a major studio that owns the rights to several MST3K films (Universal, MGM, etc).

I sure do hope that this "early" announcement means that we'll get XXI close to when we get XX.  If there are a bunch of mega awesome titles in XXI it would suck if it's like, "MST3K Volume XXI: Coming June 2011!"   :P
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 09:33:39 PM »
I know it's a long shot, but I still have my fingers crossed for a Sandy Frank deal...
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Crow T. Robot 666

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Do not offend the chair leg of truth.
    • Teeth of the Divine
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 11:27:21 AM »
If this has Pumaman, Amazing Melting Man or San Francisco International I will plotz.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 12:04:33 PM »
If this has Pumaman, Amazing Melting Man or San Francisco International I will plotz.

But then you'll have to clean schmutz off your sock-garters before you can schlep.

Oy! What a schlamozzle! But such a handsome punham he's got!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 12:29:00 PM »
I know it's a long shot, but I still have my fingers crossed for a Sandy Frank deal...

At least for the Gamera movies Sandy Frank has nothing to do with them at all. Brian Ward has said it is the Japanese studios that are keeping those at bay and that Sandy wouldn't have to do anything with securing the rights.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 12:46:02 PM »

At least for the Gamera movies Sandy Frank has nothing to do with them at all. Brian Ward has said it is the Japanese studios that are keeping those at bay and that Sandy wouldn't have to do anything with securing the rights.
So he doesn't have any rights over the reedit/dubbed versions he made that MST used?

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 12:48:19 PM »

So he doesn't have any rights over the reedit/dubbed versions he made that MST used?

Gamera and/or Time of The Apes would be lovely...

Or maybe they got SST Death Flight!!! **fingers crossed**
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 01:07:27 PM »

Well they've released like 80 episodes but nary a KTMA. I don't know if that'll happen.

Offline Maverick Joe Six-Pack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 01:38:59 PM »
Fingers crossed for Pumaman, Riding with Death, Squirm, Girls Town or Alien from LA
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 02:00:44 PM »

Apparently not according to the shout factory producer.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5180
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 02:19:05 PM »

Well they've released like 80 episodes but nary a KTMA. I don't know if that'll happen.

I know it will not happen.  The creators find them kind of embarrassing.  Maybe some scenes from KTMA might show up on some extras (hopefully the Green Slime pilot) but Death Flight (which I just quasi-watched) won't, I don't think.

Fingers crossed for Pumaman, Riding with Death, Squirm, Girls Town or Alien from LA

Sir, I like your style.  Let's add the criminally underrated episode San Fransisco International to that list (everything related to Davey's flight is pure gold.)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 02:20:42 PM »

Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if the whole time Rhino had the reigns they were just talking to the wrong guy and that's why they never put out a Gamera release?
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 02:23:32 PM »

Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if the whole time Rhino had the reigns they were just talking to the wrong guy and that's why they never put out a Gamera release?

That would be awful. What would be worse is that if Sandy did still have the rights during Rhino's run and they were to cheap to pay him what he wanted....